Ubc

khastan

Just had a surprise visit from the service guys at UBC wanting to change our equipment for new. Other half sent them off and told them to ring beforehand. Anybody else had them turning up like that?

Seems a fantastic service for a company that for over eighteen months have not sent a monthly bill despite being asked every time we pay each month!

I wonder if it's related to CTH's huge expansion?

It could be but I have no idea what CTH's is!

I find it very strange that a company not known for their kindness towards their long term customers would wish to replace perfectly good, but older equipment for no reason at all, and all for free.

UBC ehhhhhh try IBC that was when I joined them and now it is called .......................... ehhhhhhhhhhh for the life of me frog-got-ten it, its true, its true I did forget the name cheesy.gif

Win coffee1.gif

Edited by Kan Win

actually what they are changing out is the old boxes that allowed you to do a work around and use equipment you can buy at MBK to run the cable to all the different rooms or your house or even to your neighbors. They new boxes require the cable to loop back into the original UBC box so those work around just don't work any more...

actually what they are changing out is the old boxes that allowed you to do a work around and use equipment you can buy at MBK to run the cable to all the different rooms or your house or even to your neighbors. They new boxes require the cable to loop back into the original UBC box so those work around just don't work any more...

Thanks for that info. If you mean to run the cable to other rooms and even to next door to watch the same channel then providing the new receiver they are supplying is equipped with a uhf out socket then this can still be done, although the picture quality will degrade.

It could be but I have no idea what CTH's is!

I find it very strange that a company not known for their kindness towards their long term customers would wish to replace perfectly good, but older equipment for no reason at all, and all for free.

They are a cable TV company that's just won the rights to the Premiership, so they will be hooking up cable like crazy. I'm not surprised their competitors are trying to up their game and lock in their customers.