I Had To Laugh :d

loong

My Missus came home and carried some stuff in from the pick-up.

She got some liquid on her arm and sniffed at it

"What the hell is this?, it smells disgusting!"

"What?"

"It smells like dirty toilets"

I sniff her arm and I couldn't help laughing

" That's fish sauce" :D

"No it is'nt"

I went and got our fish sauce and put it under her nose.

She was amazed, it was definitely the same. She couldn't understand that fish sauce made food taste good but smelled disgusting.

• Like 1

Once when my inlaws came to Aus for a visit there was a powerful odur around the table for a few days, I honestly thought it was my father in laws feet and politly asked my wife to encourage her father to wash his feet. My wife then explained the odour was some sauce they had brought with them. Very pungent but nice on BBQ'd food.

• Like 1

If this is the fish sauce with the parasites that cause liver cancer, then there's a reason humans have evolved to be put off by the smell, no matter how appealing it makes the food to those who have acquired the taste.

If it's some other fish sauce, you have my sincere apologies for posting off topic.

If this is the fish sauce with the parasites that cause liver cancer, then there's a reason humans have evolved to be put off by the smell, no matter how appealing it makes the food to those who have acquired the taste.

Oh booo hooo... go and have a McDonalds !

totster :D

If it's some other fish sauce, you have my sincere apologies for posting off topic.

Selfish thought for the day..."send a bottle of this sauce to my ex-wife"

Ok, can move on with the day now.

No, it's not the same.

You are referring to Bplaa raa, I don't know if there is an actual English translation. Apparently liver flukes can survive the processing (rotting) when making Bplaa raa.

Fish sauce, Nam Bplaa, is fermented

Sorry loong, so your wifes not Thai?

She's Thai.

What tickled me was that when she did not know what it was, she thought that it smelt foul.

I don't think that it smells too bad, although I did use to find the smell offensive. Use it all the time now.

Sorry loong, so your wifes not Thai?

She's Thai.

What tickled me was that when she did not know what it was, she thought that it smelt foul.

I don't think that it smells too bad, although I did use to find the smell offensive. Use it all the time now.

so she is a farang wife who has not been here long ..how was the fish sauce packaged?

Well spotted Kev.