Charges Still Not Laid Against Tiger Discotheque Owners Following Fatal Fire

webfact

So this week we have learnt that:

a) loss of life is a 5,000B per person court fine in 'fairness';

b.) a child after raping is worth 2,000B to be further abused;

c) a tourist dies everyday in suspcious circumstances.

The land of shameful and embarressed smiles?

Edited by Kitbaikitmah
  • Like 1

welcome to the land of fake smiles ...... 20k baht for the death of someone ..... that is maybe the cost of a human here .... things are different than Europe here , I always wonder why people expect to have the same here than they can get at home , Thailand makes no exception. yes here money talks more than anything else ..that is a fact ....

20K baht for the death of SOMEONE?------- There were 4 SOMEONES-------- I think thats 5000bt for the death of someone

The so called public defender has not lodged charges yet. What can be made of this occurrence? Lack of courage, in the face of millions of baht? These Tiger disco rodents are super rich. One can only assume they own the police. So, how can we expect and hope for charges? The prosecutors title should be changed to creton's defender, or totally not public defender. Even when gazillionaire disco owners cause multiple deaths, they are free to open even larger facilities right across the street, and continue their hazardous, and murderous ways. How about a major PR campaign against the insects that own the new death trap?

Welcome to Baht Justice.

The Bkk Post carried an article that the police had been ordered to pay B100,000 over an incident in 2002. I know there's a saying about the wheels of justice turning slowly but here it should be supplemented with "if they ever turn at all"

If the case ever gets to court and if they are found guilty then it should allow civil cases for the families of the dead and injured to claim compensation. Don't know how much that might be but far more than 20,000 baht I'd reckon. Of course this is all subject to some very big IFs.

If the case ever gets to court and if they are found guilty then it should allow civil cases for the families of the dead and injured to claim compensation. Don't know how much that might be but far more than 20,000 baht I'd reckon. Of course this is all subject to some very big IFs.

Why you think, Tiger compensated the families of the 'two' Thai people so quickly?

The other dead people did come from far far away.

Edited by noob7

Public Prosecutor Vivath Kitjaruk told the Phuket Gazette they were still considering whether to press charges against the Tiger Bar and Discotheque owners Sara Entertainment Co Ltd and CEO Piya Isaramalai

In other words they just need more time to get more money, and the problem goes away, and then the owner and the cops have a partytime2.gif ...