Is Tv Slow Today

wayned

Is TV slow today or is it just my antiquated browser showing it's age. The screens are taking forever to come up and I have made a couple of posts that have ended up in a black hole, never to be read.

I'm on TOT. I live in the sticks and they just upgraded the system 2 weeks ago. Max upload used to be 1MBPS now it's 5MBPS. TV worked fine up to 2 days ago and then slowed down, all other websites seem to be okay. No choice where I live, it's TOT or carrier pidgeon. Tried winnet, but no los to only tower due to trees.

The way I deal with this slowness/lack of TVF page loading is to enable the true proxy. With the proxy enabled the pages seem to load. When I disable it is when I have the slowness. By default I don't like to surf through their proxy but I have it setup in chrome so that with the push of a button the web traffic is routed through the proxy.

proxy.asianet.co.th port 8080

is what I use.

• 2 weeks later...

The official TRUE proxy is often broken too - then nothing loads. But sometimes it helps speeding up!

The transparent proxy they use is a big mess which is mainly responsible for your browsing problems. And it seems, they never get it right.

So use a VPN which goes around the lack of IT engineering skills in Thailand. The VPN slows down your traffic too, but often faster than the TRUE server infrastructure.

• Like 1

The official TRUE proxy is often broken too - then nothing loads. But sometimes it helps speeding up!

The transparent proxy they use is a big mess which is mainly responsible for your browsing problems. And it seems, they never get it right.

So use a VPN which goes around the lack of IT engineering skills in Thailand. The VPN slows down your traffic too, but often faster than the TRUE server infrastructure.

Thanks - that must explain my mysterious internet problems.