Farm Photos

shaggy1969

Shaggy contacted me to see if I had any farming photos.... all I could think of at the time were some of coffee farming around Doi Chaang (Chiang Rai). Rather than post them in isolation, without much explanation, can I suggest you take a look at this link, where the photos have some background information, like the initiative to wean the people off poppy cultivation etc... You'll need to scroll down through this page if you don't want to read the other stuff!

Anyway, I hope it's of interest to you.

http://highland2thailand.blogspot.com/2013/09/sept-2-3the-golden-triangle.html

Rob

Hi Rob and welcome

Many thanks for you taking the time and effort to share your amazing and informative photos with us today.

Regards

Shaggy

I like your attraction to tree stumps, Shaggysmile.png.

De-shelled rice, fresh out of the field and ready for processing. I find it interesting to think about what is still mixed with it.

Hi DAL

Great artistic last post you made mate.....but please,please....PLEASE tell me it was a photo you made of the local rice machines floor bah.gif

I forgot to mention....... probably lots of things, but one in particular on this photo..

post-153732-0-38173200-1391659567_thumb.

In between each row of coffee bushes lies the next generation. If I remember correctly, the work on a five year cycle between generations.

Amazingly coffee beans are sweet and almost tasteless until someone work their magic on them in a roaster.

Gotta go to Coffee Time for a top-up now!!

Rob

coffee1.gif

• Like 2