Farm Photos

shaggy1969

Yeah, people are swiping their 3G phones in a connected world and a few kilometers away a hunter is waiting for his charge to go off after pulling the trigger on his flint lock. Thailand is certainly the center of extremes!

• Like 1

Update

DSC04032.JPG

I don't know what brew he used this time but here is one taken of the same spot less than 24 hours after.He must have been more

careful this time as there is no obvious damage to the Cha-Om.

DSC04037.JPG

Edited by Ron19
  • Like 1

Update

I don't know what brew he used this time but here is one taken of the same spot less than 24 hours after.He must have been more

DSC04037.JPG

I would say he mixed Gramoxone with the Round up.... he has two bottles in the first image.... Gramoxone is better on annual weeds as it kills back, as you see over night...

Seeds will pop on annual weeds if only Roundup used! .... many people don't "get that"blink.pngwhistling.gif

The perennial weeds /grass still needs a good 10 days for Round up to trans-locate and kill the roots...... so hope he does not disturb the soil before then ... wink.png

Good to see the sprayer is not sending out a fine mist and he has his wellies on! thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

Update

DSC04037.JPG

I would say he mixed Gramoxone with the Round up.... he has two bottles in the first image.... Gramoxone is better on annual weeds as it kills back, as you see over night...

Seeds will pop on annual weeds if only Roundup used! .... many people don't "get that"blink.pngwhistling.gif

The perennial weeds /grass still needs a good 10 days for Round up to trans-locate and kill the roots...... so hope he does not disturb the soil before then ... wink.png

Good to see the sprayer is not sending out a fine mist and he has his wellies on! thumbsup.gif

Have since found what was used and it is a mixture 50/50 of the two shown but have no idea of the strength.

I spent a number of years working on and around farms in Australia and one of the things I remember is that

it is important to apply any sprays for obnoxious weeds (or any weed for that matter) before seeds are set.

Thai farmers don't seem to worry about and that is one of the reasons that they are forever spraying to kill

weeds.

He must have been using a different head on the spray unit which fortunatley reduced the amount of overspray.

As well as the wellies,he also wore a hat and used a facemask but one of the things that amazed me was that he

never used gloves when spraying or refilling the spray unit.Never noticed him washing his hands afterwards each

time.It is clearly marked on the containers what precautions should be taken.

DSC04072.JPG

• Like 2

Update

DSC04037.JPG

Have since found what was used and it is a mixture 50/50 of the two shown but have no idea of the strength.

I spent a number of years working on and around farms in Australia and one of the things I remember is that

it is important to apply any sprays for obnoxious weeds (or any weed for that matter) before seeds are set.

Thai farmers don't seem to worry about and that is one of the reasons that they are forever spraying to kill

weeds.

He must have been using a different head on the spray unit which fortunatley reduced the amount of overspray.

As well as the wellies,he also wore a hat and used a facemask but one of the things that amazed me was that he

never used gloves when spraying or refilling the spray unit.Never noticed him washing his hands afterwards each

time.It is clearly marked on the containers what precautions should be taken.

DSC04072.JPG

Out of likes Ron ^ .... Yes the concept of cutting back weeds with flower heads or seed heads is a hard one for people to understand.... not just Thai's .... I might add... blink.png

Gramoxone has no antidote which is why it's banned in the west.... perhaps other reasons, I am note sure!

Well at least your man, had sense enough to use a mask.... many don't! wink.png

• Like 1

My Chilli seedling nursery bit hard to see much but around 75% have emerged.This morning I was given about 40 advanced seedlings

( 10 to 15 cm high ) which have now been planted and since then I have been busy cutting and shaping poles ready for the lot you see here.

What type of chilli Ron if you don't mind me asking , oops asked already biggrin.png

Do you and your wife grow all these vegetables and fruit for a small market , do you make a bit of beer money or is there more than that requiring family and friends to partake ?

Sorry if this is embarrassing to you mate .