Farm Photos

shaggy1969

here you go cliff,

i even had to cut of the traylor mount as that was fouling the PTO lincage and wouldnt let it turn,, i never pull a traylor so it didnt matter,

but they must of put it on at manifacture as the welding was good and neet,

thank you for your concern mate, i do understand tractors a little as my mum had a farm, still does but smaller,,

jake

OK Jake, thank you. I see them now.

Something still doesn't look balanced. I've never seen the top link on a 3 point (the one you shortened) mounted so low on the tractor. They reach up to a point just below the seat and about even with the pivot for the hydraulic lift.

The things that keep triggering me is that to hook up a standard 3 point implement (easy) you had to cut off the factory hitch, shorten the PTO drive shaft, shorten the top link, and it still doesn't look balanced. All of those parts are standard among different manufacturers and I'm really lost as to how this could be.

I'm sorry to be a pain, but I'm a worry wort when it come to hitches. Please take a look at this picture to see where I circled in red the top link connection. Is there anywhere on your tractor high like that for attachment? If you flipped your mount over, would that raise it? Is it possible someone got that on upside down?

Cliff

my508y.jpg

Edited by NeverSure
  • Like 2

This does look odd top link so low, chopping off the draw bar .I at one time, was looking at rotavator's at my local tractor guy near me, he said what make is your tractor I said Hino ,he said I do not have a rotavator to fit a Hino,

My Hino, an E184,second hand import, has 2 brackets with flip over locks,spring mounted, bolted to the tractor, separate from the 3 point linkage, I took for mounting a rotavator ,with these mounting brackets and the 3 point linkage would make a very stable set up. for a rotavator, the tractor could not flip over.

I think PJ's rotavator was not made for the tractor, did note same colour , it look's a big rotavator for the tractor to, hence the modifications , some one will say , not true, any rotavator will fit any tractor I will aggre, they will, but,on a saftey point of view ...........

I have to take off my draw bar when I put on the pto shaft, but it is not an OM draw bar on my tractor.

• Like 1

hi cliff,

i didnt cut off the factory 3 point top hitch, i had to shorten the conector between the top hitch and roto tiller,

i had to cut off the traylor hitch, the one that has a pin through the eye of your traylor and through the hitch,

i could see why it wanted welding on 2" further down and there was room for that, then the PTO hitch wouldnt of fouled,

i do understand about going over, we used to pull weelies in our stupid younger days,,

but it does seem sound to drive, and i only have to PTO in low gear and not to deep to reduce the pull on the tractor,

thanks again cliff

jake

• Like 1

hi shaggy lad,

regarding bolting to the floor they are going to sit on angle iron feet with them bolted to the floor,

i know what you saying about sand, its good and does the job, to be honest mate i just couldnt be botherd, its the cheap pipe over here and for the pig job they will do,

i got 6 lengths of the bigger pipe 10 of the 20 mil and it cane to 2600bht deliverd,

and ive got 4 of each left over after that first crate, so i called it that it cost me a 1000bht to build, without the feeder and 4 angle iron feet,

was going to make a pipe bender with my car jack, but then thought i wouldnt have the former for anyway, so it was the gate post,

jake

ps steady on at work shaggy,, you can do to much you know,,,,,, ive been there

• Like 1

15256301831_5c0e994bd2_b.jpg

DASL ... cracking photo ... thumbsup.gif

Now, I rarely suggest this because I like the photos I view, to be natural without a lot of the extensive post-editing you see sometimes.

Have you thought of wiping out those power-lines in the Photo?

Just thought removal of that distraction might add a slight '3D' effect.

• Like 2