Farm Photos

shaggy1969

post-13-0-47748300-1372497027_thumb.jpgpost-13-0-93575900-1372497064_thumb.jpgpost-13-0-43391700-1372497094_thumb.jpgpost-13-0-30212400-1372497119_thumb.jpg

Our dates seem to be coming on quite nicely and had first sale to a farm up near the Rai.

Had to get the shovel in for a couple of days to remake the roads...way overgrown in the last couple of months.

Anybody know what the 'apples" are called ?...asked wiffee but still no idea.

Finally ...anyone doing Mushrooms... appear to be the " in thing" up here at the mo..

R

• Like 1

post-13-0-47748300-1372497027_thumb.jpgpost-13-0-93575900-1372497064_thumb.jpgpost-13-0-43391700-1372497094_thumb.jpgpost-13-0-30212400-1372497119_thumb.jpg

Our dates seem to be coming on quite nicely and had first sale to a farm up near the Rai.

Had to get the shovel in for a couple of days to remake the roads...way overgrown in the last couple of months.

Finally ...anyone doing Mushrooms... appear to be the " in thing" up here at the mo..

R

• Like 2

attachicon.gif2013-06-14 13.53.01.jpgattachicon.gif2013-06-29 16.02.07.jpgattachicon.gif2013-06-29 16.02.28.jpgattachicon.gif2013-06-29 16.03.31.jpg

R

Not sure but could be a quince.

R

Hi Rinrada and welcome.

Great photos and thanks for posting them.

Does your fruit look like this inside?

thai-fruit-santol_500x350.jpg

(Kra-Thon in Thai)

photo TAT NEWS.org

Edited by shaggy1969
  • Like 1

G'day Shaggy.....great photo "Home Sweet Home", my wife also likes it and asked me where it is.

Sorry mate I've forgotten where you live, could you be so kind as to remind me.

Cheers.

Hello Rsquared

I am happy that You and Wife like the photo.

We are at a small town called Ban Nong Shaeng.(Kalasin)

(16.863198,103.266928)

Edited by shaggy1969

G'day Shaggy.....great photo "Home Sweet Home", my wife also likes it and asked me where it is.

Sorry mate I've forgotten where you live, could you be so kind as to remind me.

Cheers.

Hello Rsquared

I am happy that You and Wife like the photo.

We are at a small town called Ban Nong Shaeng.(Kalasin)

(16.863198,103.266928)

Thanks Shaggy...will look it up on the map.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Shaggy, it's probably going to be an obvious question from me but ...

What technique does the lady (your wife?) in the photo use to catch the Prawn?

What sort of Prawn is caught?

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks in Advance.

Neighbors wife was using a small hand held net,you must of seen them a thousand times at the farm.

What she was looking for was the small fresh water shrimp (usually about 20mm in length).

Very painstaking to do,if you are lucky you will get 5-6 at a go and maybe a small fish as well if you are lucky.

I have done it myself with a much bigger two man net,good fun to do but with little reward.

• Like 1

Thanks in Advance.

Neighbors wife was using a small hand held net,you must of seen them a thousand times at the farm.

What she was looking for was the small fresh water shrimp (usually about 20mm in length).

Very painstaking to do,if you are lucky you will get 5-6 at a go and maybe a small fish as well if you are lucky.

I have done it myself with a much bigger two man net,good fun to do but with little reward.

Thanks for that ... thumbsup.gif

I know it might sound weird, but the Farm doesn't use many small nets.

The lady in your photo, is in shallow water and all the ponds at the farm are about 5' deep.

Apart from the Prawn nets which are maybe 3-4 metres long, this is the only other net

the Farm uses except for a pool filter style one for clearing the ponds edges of snails etc

post-104736-0-28457200-1372652796_thumb.

These nest above are mainly used for feeding the fish ... but they have a variety of uses as you can see.

MissFarmGirl sent through a few recent photos and I'll scan through to see if something is good enough for here.

• Like 2

these are the photos David say he will give you

we catch fish at the Farm last month, but the baby prawn to young

many we eat and some we feed to the cat fish and dogs

the dogs were very happy about this

Thank you MissFarmGirl for sharing your wonderful photos.

The forth photo is my favorite,it must be a fantastic sight to see in real life.

• Like 1