Farm Photos

shaggy1969

Ermm.....they really are sunbathing Goompa. I've never seen chickens act like this, so relaxed. They are very tame and will happily sit on any spare lap. They've just been transferred to my wife's new land. This is their first taste of freedom and they still stick together like a shoal of fish.

Regards.

• Like 1

Thanks , never seen that before

I remember too well hypnotizing our chooks when I was a lad , well last time we had chooks smile.png

Never seen RIR do that , we had RIR before , the best they did was bumrash , sorry for that .

very friendly though , they would come into the house and sit on the chair to the table .

Ermm.....they really are sunbathing Goompa. I've never seen chickens act like this, so relaxed. They are very tame and will happily sit on any spare lap. They've just been transferred to my wife's new land. This is their first taste of freedom and they still stick together like a shoal of fish.

Regards.

At first I was shocked, like Goompa was. This is remarkable behavior, TEL. They are suffering from culture shock, apparently they seem stressed out. Are they laying any eggs at all? If so.. where?

Old farm machinery

Hey ... I need this explained.

For a start, I presume it's a converted Eton?

(asking, not telling)

What happened to the Motor.

Or is it simply a stationary piece of Farm Equipment?

Now you mention it, I don't think this machine is old. For starters it's got a steering wheel. To me it looks properly maintained(new paintjob/recently replaced right or left headlight/ inflated tyres/ rubbers in place)

I assume the barrels in front are used to contain water and fuel to feed the larger engine concealed in the back which has a dual function. 1 to operate the machine and 2 to drive the vehicle.

One heavily souped up Etan.smile.png

They are only 8 weeks old. They seem fine. The previous night they got a bit wet when part of their roof failed in a storm. The first bit of sun they saw......Ray-Bans on and chillin'.smile.png

It was only their second day of freedom.

attachicon.gif20131119_135345.jpg

Regards.

Thanks, they still appear confused on this pic..

I just read through this interesting chicken-guide.

http://keeping-chickens.me.uk/chickens-health/stress-and-chickens

Old farm machinery

Yes Guys this is a converted Etan , this is the type of vehicle used to remove the seed from the rice in harvesting

Maybe can be used in the harvesting of corn as well , wife and Chief Administrator not 100% on that one ,

OLD , yes , reconditioned well it looks like it !

This vehicle was sold to the Recycle Yard , it looks as though there are not too many buyers , but when the need happens you have to sell!

Recycle farm machinery

attachicon.gifSAM_0264.JPG

A few more bits and pieces

attachicon.gifSAM_0265.JPG

Cars and bikes

attachicon.gifSAM_0266.JPG

Everything for a price !

attachicon.gifSAM_0267.JPG

Very good Goompa, now we know how you look in a shadow profile... snapping away ! biggrin.png

I thought that the old machinery pic look like it looked pretty new... wink.pngthumbsup.gif

Also to VF ... stunning image .... again! thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

They used to use fallow fields to gather cassava, corn and other crops. Now there are concrete slabs everywhere. Somehow there is something very Zen about the way they rake and turn the corn to dry. I like the lines.

VF: WOW!

Ditto from me also ... wai.gif

Mate, you know ... 'likes' are a strange beast.

I don't 'like' your photo ... I 'love' it.

But I think that 8 others have already expressed that opinion.

They have already liked it on my behalf.

I don't know about you, but at the end of the day the well worn out 'you have used your quota ... bla bla' so often ... I can't 'like' as many photos and comments I really want to.

• Like 2

They used to use fallow fields to gather cassava, corn and other crops. Now there are concrete slabs everywhere. Somehow there is something very Zen about the way they rake and turn the corn to dry. I like the lines.

VF: WOW!

Ditto from me also ... wai.gif

Mate, you know ... 'likes' are a strange beast.

I don't 'like' your photo ... I 'love' it.

But I think that 8 others have already expressed that opinion.

They have already liked it on my behalf.

I don't know about you, but at the end of the day the well worn out 'you have used your quota ... bla bla' so often ... I can't 'like' as many photos and comments I really want to.

I'll re-define the word like within the context of this forum.

A like on this forum can better be interpreted as a slight acknowledging nod from a fellow poster, instead of the actual definition of the word.

This is how I percieve things.

Like theblether stated more or less along these lines: I dont care about the likes, the game is to be able to express yourself freely and feel good about that.

smile.png

I agree with all you guys about VF's photo today....a cracking shot.

For me,my personal favorite today is from Ron and his harvesting image.

Old style and new style caught in the same moment. thumbsup.gif

David,it's been a long time mate....how about some more Farming moments from you?

Edited by shaggy1969