Fax Receiving Service

cm das

For some reason I'm having trouble receiving faxes from my bank in the US. Faxes sent to either my home fax number or that of a resort down the road aren't going through. Does anyone know of a place in Chiang Mai that will receive and hold faxes? I don't mind paying a little for the privilege. But I'm looking for someplace professional & responsible since the documents involved contain sensitive personal information. Thanks.

It may be, but it may not be your fax machine. If you can receive faxes from other sources there might be another problem. Say you use some "professional" fax machine number and the missing fax comes through. That does mean, ipso facto, you machine was the problem. It may only mean the originator finally managed to send it correctly.

Can the bank send it to you attached to an email as a PDF file? My bank will do that. And that would be a preferred method as the quality of fax outputs vary so much even if you disregard the quality of the fax at the origination. Even if it is a form you have to sign and return: get it as a PDF, sign, scan, return the original, email the scanned copy.

I have had similar issues and usually it has turned out that the sender, it this case your US Bank, is the source of the problem. They are not familiar with international dialing protocol and often their phones are blocked from making international calls and the employees do not know that. Putting a zero before the 66 country code or the 53 area code will usually foul up an international call to Thailand.

I have had similar issues and usually it has turned out that the sender, it this case your US Bank, is the source of the problem. They are not familiar with international dialing protocol and often their phones are blocked from making international calls and the employees do not know that. Putting a zero before the 66 country code or the 53 area code will usually foul up an international call to Thailand.

Yes, I suspect that the problem is over there, not here, but it's not a dialing error. My fax machine rings & picks up automatically. It says it is printing the fax but nothing happens for a minute. Then I get a generic error message. The same thing happened at the other local fax number. There's obviously a glitch somewhere. It's odd that regular calls over the same line go through fine in both directions but the fax won't.

Yes, I suspect that the problem is over there, not here, but it's not a dialing error. My fax machine rings & picks up automatically. It says it is printing the fax but nothing happens for a minute. Then I get a generic error message. The same thing happened at the other local fax number. There's obviously a glitch somewhere. It's odd that regular calls over the same line go through fine in both directions but the fax won't.

And the generic message was? and what does it mean according to your instruction manual? Some machines have special settings to allow more time to connect internationally so you might check settings on both ends in case one machine is timing out.

Behind the M Hotel (formally the Montri) at Thapae Gate there is a new complex that was a parking lot for many years. Behind that is a big white building that has a Fax service in the front that has been there for decades. I have not used it lately, but they were very professional & responsible back in the day and I think that the staff are the same as back then.

It may be, but it may not be your fax machine. If you can receive faxes from other sources there might be another problem. Say you use some "professional" fax machine number and the missing fax comes through. That does mean, ipso facto, you machine was the problem. It may only mean the originator finally managed to send it correctly.

Can the bank send it to you attached to an email as a PDF file? My bank will do that. And that would be a preferred method as the quality of fax outputs vary so much even if you disregard the quality of the fax at the origination. Even if it is a form you have to sign and return: get it as a PDF, sign, scan, return the original, email the scanned copy.

Good idea, where possibly.

- No costs of phone (fax) calls.

- Atached to an e-mail gives youa paper trail and easily filed inot your own PC / notebook files.

- If the bank / whoever will convert to PDF before they send then you have some protection against bank saying someone altered the data etc.

- Atached to an e-mail gives youa paper trail and easily filed inot your own PC / notebook files.

- If the bank / whoever will convert to PDF before they send then you have some protection against bank saying someone altered the data etc.

AFAIK Faxes are still considered legally sound, whereas electronic data is not unless some fairly strict protocols are followed.

For a start, it is very easy to alter a PDF file (and to unlock it if it's locked).

It's also very easy to fake an email.

• Like 2

AFAIK Faxes are still considered legally sound, whereas electronic data is not unless some fairly strict protocols are followed.

For a start, it is very easy to alter a PDF file (and to unlock it if it's locked).

I didn't know it's easy to unlock a PDF file, learn something every day, thanks.

Which is exactly why Swiss Banks still only use faxing as a method of correspondence with clients about their accounts; particularly when sending account data, authorizations for stock sales or purchases, etc.

Which is exactly why Swiss Banks still only use faxing as a method of correspondence with clients about their accounts; particularly when sending account data, authorizations for stock sales or purchases, etc.

And which is why my bank confirmed to me that they will only use fax for my current business with them.