Will Walkers Become Flyers?

Stevieboy

Actually after reading their terms and conditions it says

"4. AirAsia is now a ticketless airline. All you need is a booking number or mention your name. Most importantly, bring along your identification card or passport for check-in purpose."

A ticketless airline???? I guess that puts paid to that idea :o

Actually after reading their terms and conditions it says

"4. AirAsia is now a ticketless airline. All you need is a booking number or mention your name. Most importantly, bring along your identification card or passport for check-in purpose."

A ticketless airline???? I guess that puts paid to that idea :o

There will be the confirmation slip to evidence the outbound flight. That'll suffice for the regulators.

e-tickets for sure are coming around the world and I do use them for quite some time now within Asia as well.

How does it work? You book your flight(s) by phone or via internet. The airline sends you a confirmation by fax or e-mail showing details and confirmed status of your flights, which they recommend to print out. You check in and tell the counter staff your e-ticket number or show your print out. The details are in their computer and bingo, you get your boarding pass.

If flying on such ticket to Thailand, the airline has your outbound flight registered in the computer. If it is within the required time (30 days for visa exemption) fine with the airline.

I do not know, however, how it works with visa on arrival but might expect that immigration accepts this as proof for having an "instrument of means of transport (full paid ticket) which is usable within 15 days since the date of entry." If I would need a visa on arrival I would request a TICKET.