3Bb

I have found up to now 3BB has been quite reliable, but for the last couple of weeks it quits & starts quite often, or if it doesn't start ,rebooting my router will usually get it up and running. Also the speed is all over the place, this past 15 minutesI have had 0.16 mbps, 3.82 mbps, and 9.46 mbps.

Is anyone else having these problems, or is it something with my connection?

Cheers

I have been having similar problems with 3BB lately, but I have not had to reboot the router. 3BB recovers on its own.

I agree - 3BB is usually very reliable and quick. Much better than my TOT line which seems to be up and down like a tarts knickers.

I have seen a few 3BB repair guys working in the area recently (Plai Laem/Bangrak)

We are having the same problem. Have heard that 3BB are upgrading, and that routers need to be reset by them, to take the new system. Heard nothing official from 3BB, - only on the grapevine. Evidently speeds should be higher when this has been done, but not yet sure how to get the router reset.

We are having the same problem. Have heard that 3BB are upgrading, and that routers need to be reset by them, to take the new system. Heard nothing official from 3BB, - only on the grapevine. Evidently speeds should be higher when this has been done, but not yet sure how to get the router reset.

Turn it off for 10 seconds then on again.

Could have something to do with FTTH being offered at happy hour price this month. http://www.3bb.co.th/product/product_detail.php?lang=&id=2253

Could have something to do with FTTH being offered at happy hour price this month. http://www.3bb.co.th...p?lang=&id=2253

optical fiber from 3BB is not available in samui.

Well it's being sold and people are getting it. Swiss fella down the road (200-250m) has had it for around 3 months. I tend to think if someone has it then the chances that it is available is quite high. I also looked into their 'happy hour' 30/3 package around 2 weeks ago because it was only 300 Baht more than the ADSL 13/1 I am on at the moment and was told I could have it. Lamai, IT center is maybe 2km away.

Could have something to do with FTTH being offered at happy hour price this month. http://www.3bb.co.th...p?lang=&id=2253

optical fiber from 3BB is not available in samui.

Well it's being sold and people are getting it. Swiss fella down the road (200-250m) has had it for around 3 months. I tend to think if someone has it then the chances that it is available is quite high. I also looked into their 'happy hour' 30/3 package around 2 weeks ago because it was only 300 Baht more than the ADSL 13/1 I am on at the moment and was told I could have it. Lamai, IT center is maybe 2km away.

i was yesterday afternoon in their office asking about their optical fiber, answer is it's not available, only TOT and CAT do provide optical fiber at the moment on koh samui.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Same problem here. My speed has been the last month down to 10Mb and yesterday they told me that they checked it and I can not get a higher speed than 12Mb so I demanded refund for all the time I have a slower connection since they sold me a product they can not deliver. They are now looking but I also found out that there routers suck and they only sell it because it costs them only 700 Baht. Office here in Udon uses in the office Linksys wireless G Router WRT54G because they know the router they sell sucks ........... As well as the fact that they sell expensive connections where a simple check on their site done by them showed that they sold a package that would give problems. The fact that they now calculate the refund and that they confirmed that the Huawei modem is only sold because it's cheap and they refuse to give customers a choice of router.

CHECK YOU SPEED AND IF YOU HAVE THE SAME PROBLEMS CALL THEM PERHAPS THEN THEY KNOW THEIR SERVICE SUCKS

I have 12 Mb contract with 3bb, they upgraded it for free at 16, and actually I have around 20 (several weeks already).

Sometimes jumpy, specially with rain, but now is a while I have a steady connection (Torrent run up to 2 Mb/sec)

I stay in KPG and I could be just lucky tongue.png

• Like 1

I had a lot of calls from 3BB regarding my complaints that I dropped at them on the phone. Result till now

• They admitted that the Huawei routers are given because they are cheap and they are not given because of quality
  • They told me that in my area the max speed is now 13 but after all my calls I now have 17 ..............
  • They admitted that one of the outlets in Udon use Linksys routers because of the better quality which seems a bit strange. I can understand that a company needs to make profit but giving routers that are qualified by staff as cheap and low quality is not OK in my opninion
  • Tomorrow someone from 3BB will come here to "solve the problems"

Will keep you posted on what will come out.

Edited by Scorpio1949

This problem was noted in a few other local forums this morning. The seems to have been resolved... At least according to most. I never did have a problem. But I do have two ISPs just in case one goes out, which seems to happen more with CAT than 3BB.

Edited by Jimi007