7 Million Baht Raid Of South Pattaya It Center By Pattaya Police

Rimmer

7 Million Baht raid of South Pattaya IT Center by Pattaya Police

phone-2.jpg

PATTAYA:--Police Major General Tara, Deputy Commissioner of Region 2 Police led a team of Pattaya Police Officers on a raid of the tuk.com IT Center on the South Pattaya road to investigate claims that unlicensed and counterfeit electronics items were being sold on the 2nd floor.

Just after 6.30pm on Thursday, Officers made their way to the location and inspected mobile phone shops situated on the 2nd floor of the center which is known for selling reasonably priced electronic goods.

27 vendors were arrested and a total of 7 Million Baht’s worth of mobile phones and other smart devices such as IPads, IPhones and Samsung Smart Phones were seized

Full Story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/70681/7-million-baht-raid-south-pattaya-center-pattaya-police/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2013-01-18

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Police Raid Fake Phone Sellers in Pattaya

tk2.jpg

PATTATA:--An organized operation involving undercover officers saw TukCom , the multiple level electronics market building in South Pattaya, raided on Thursday.. as Police checked for fake phones and other goods.

Many sellers were arrested and stalls closed down as officers recovered nearly 400 cell phones which resembled genuine ones but weren’t, along with more than 1000 accessories, handbags and other electronic goods.

At 6.30 pm Gen. Tara Punsiri, Col. Teerapol Jindaluang and Col. Suwan Cheawnawintawat report the raid which was carried out under the violation of copyrights act.

Police arrested 27 sellers with goods estimated to have a value of more than 7 million baht, had they been the real deal. The Police generals also made it clear that this was not a one off raid, but part of what will become a continued clamp down on fake goods being retailed to visitors and local nationals.

Full story:http://www.pattaya103.com/police-raid-fake-phone-sellers-in-pattaya/

pattaya_103_fm.png
--Pattaya 103 FM 2013-01-18

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

That was about time, however it probably will be a drip in the ocean and tomorrow they will be selling again.

I was surprisd that this was tolerated for so long as they were selling copies for real samsungs there lately.

They only got the top of the iceberg. As always when there are raids, most shops had already been tipped off about the raid and were closed by the time the bib arrived.

Whenever I ask if a phone is original they immediately admit if it's a copy, I've never had any of them pretend that a copy was genuine. The difference is blatantly obvious anyway, only a complete noob would think they're original.

Edited by WyattEarp
  • Like 1

Wow , must mean there is to be an influx of International Funds to assist in fighting Piracy as long as there is a demo of action.

This happens regularly here & in Indonesia & has no real effect.

Next thing is raiding ALL the stores & stall selling counterfeit goods ----- NEVER gonna happen

This is a 2 - 3 Billion dollar a year industry & across China / Asia employs several hundred million people

impossible to stop , just like the Drug trade

Lip service

coffee1.gif

• Like 2

I was looking to buy a branded tablet recently,( other than samsung or apple) on visiting the second floor of tukcom 95% of the traders was selling copy samsung and apple, a few had very cheap end tablets but no one had ainol or onda which were the ones i was looking for, had to buy on line and have it delivered. i am surprised only 27 were arrested

I was looking to buy a branded tablet recently,( other than samsung or apple) on visiting the second floor of tukcom 95% of the traders was selling copy samsung and apple, a few had very cheap end tablets but no one had ainol or onda which were the ones i was looking for, had to buy on line and have it delivered. i am surprised only 27 were arrested

had exactly the same experience, looking for an Ainol or Onda tab but only copy Samsung available. biggrin.png

Had to drive to Panthip where there is plenty availble of them.They sell copy Samsungs also there but they are called Sansung or Samsumg or something.

At Tukcom pattaya you can't distinguish the copies from the originals without going into the settings of the phone or tab as they are really identical.

I agree that most shopowners admit which one is the copy and the original, but there are reports of selling the copy ones for original price.

Edited by jbrain

I have to wonder how they found out. It's such a closely guarded secret what goes on there. Wow, Pattaya police are good!

...and no mention of the fourth floor where pirated music, games and software are sold.

Watch out 4th floor, next time school fees are due!

Wow , must mean there is to be an influx of International Funds to assist in fighting Piracy as long as there is a demo of action.

This happens regularly here & in Indonesia & has no real effect.

Next thing is raiding ALL the stores & stall selling counterfeit goods ----- NEVER gonna happen

This is a 2 - 3 Billion dollar a year industry & across China / Asia employs several hundred million people

impossible to stop , just like the Drug trade

Lip service

coffee1.gif

w00t.gif

• Like 1

it's actually difficult to find the real McCoy there. biggrin.png

Not at all. All the shops along the north-east wall only sell originals.

Dang it! I always wanted to see one of those raids at TukCom. laugh.png

It's a laugh for sure, seeing the vendors running around in panic trying to get out.

So, give the tablets to the kids and make a few more raids and trash the one tablet for every child program. Use that money being saved for stricter and more educational programs for children, as well as awareness programs for "Good Parenting" and... aw, Hell; there I go again! dam_n!

• Like 1

Excuse my ignorance but I bought a lower end Samsung smart phone from there. It was in a sealed package and everything looks legit. The phone works as expected. Are you saying a phone like that is probably a copy? In other words, how can you tell?

Edited by Jingthing

Jingthing, there are some people here that are phone experts, and the likes of you and me are just noobs, and I cant even tell the difference between a fake t-shirt and the real macoy. Even the big auto dealers have been caught selling fakes in their repair shops.

Excuse my ignorance but I bought a lower end Samsung smart phone from there. It was in a sealed package and everything looks legit. The phone works as expected. Are you saying a phone like that is probably a copy? In other words, how can you tell?

Difficult to explain without knowing what phone, but you can go to settings > about phone > status and see if the the details shown ( baseband version,model number, imei number, serial number etc. ) match with what they should be.

Actually, it is a bad idea to shop for an original phone at Tukcom. Their prices for originals are higher than what can be found at Tesco or Big C and even Powerbuy, and Tukcom sellers cannot be negociated down to lower than the big shops' quoted prices.

So, best case you get the same price as from a big shop, but from a Tukcom vendor who might or might not be there tomorrow if your phone becomes a warranty case.

Actually only the counterfeit items are worth buying at Tukcom, be it chargers, phones or game consoles - some counterfeit devices are of acceptable quality and offer good value for money. I think the manufacturers would be better advised to simply stamp their own brand on these instead of counterfeiting another brand, because these devices can stand in their own right.

Surely, there is no serious effort in LOS to eliminate the sale of pirated software.

I must not mention any particular location by name, but at a very large IT center in Bangkok, I've known of folks buying copies of PhotoShop for THB300. The real thing sells for $868 (about THB25,000) on Amazon. As far as I know, the only change in MO in the last 10 years is that now one must ask for what they want and wait 20-30 minutes.

If the BIB were really serious about stamping out pirated software, it should be very simple to use undercover officers in a series of sting operations. To my knowledge, this has not happened at the big location I'm talking about.

I have to wonder how they found out. It's such a closely guarded secret what goes on there. Wow, Pattaya police are good!

...and no mention of the fourth floor where pirated music, games and software are sold.

That is scheduled for a few months time. They did it about 4-5 months ago. All back to normal now.

The fake industry is controlled by organised crime, what starts as fake software, goes on to fake drugs and even fake military and civillian aircraft parts!

Honestly, I've always wanted to buy a fake airbus.

You know if they have the A380 version already ?

Please don't close trading on the the fourth floor. I buy things from there.

I wonder why you buy things from the 4th floor.

Viruses and keyloggers are freely available on the internet, and the software and games they sell are also free to download for everyone at the exact same location as where they get them..............on the torrent sites.

I wonder why you buy things from the 4th floor.

Viruses and keyloggers are freely available on the internet, and the software and games they sell are also free to download for everyone at the exact same location as where they get them..............on the torrent sites.

The game console copies on a single flash card are worth it.

The computer games are crap.