7 Million Baht Raid Of South Pattaya It Center By Pattaya Police

Rimmer

Excuse my ignorance but I bought a lower end Samsung smart phone from there. It was in a sealed package and everything looks legit. The phone works as expected. Are you saying a phone like that is probably a copy? In other words, how can you tell?

As advised by jbrain, but you could also see if you can get Samsung Updates from the Samsung website - or go to a genuine Samsung dealer, such as those in Central, where they generally cheaper anyway.

I am a bit surprised (maybe not!) to see both reports timing the "raid" at 6.30pm. I was there at around 3pm collecting my (genuine) laptop after repair on the 3rd floor and many of the smaller shops were already closed and the raid was already supposed to have taken place.

Edited by LeCharivari

I wonder why they keep selling (mostly) crappy fakes when there are loads of legit Chinese phones with impressive specs out there (at least I could not find them in Tuk Com).

Because of face.

No Thai bg would wanted to be seen dead with a chinese phone or Tablet.

I bought my mate one of those fake Ferrari Vertu's at Tukcom and he went into the Vertu shop at Heathrow with it. The receptionist asked him to press the Butler button and it worked!

He blew his cover when he asked how much one of the cases in the window cost. She glared at him and gritted "Two thousand pounds" and at that point he legged it. Apparently if you need to ask....

biggrin.png

I bought my mate one of those fake Ferrari Vertu's at Tukcom and he went into the Vertu shop at Heathrow with it. The receptionist asked him to press the Butler button and it worked!

He blew his cover when he asked how much one of the cases in the window cost. She glared at him and gritted "Two thousand pounds" and at that point he legged it. Apparently if you need to ask....

biggrin.png

I don't know those vertu devices - what is the butler button supposed to do?

All this counterfeiting gets confusing. My stepdaughter got an iPhone for a very good price at the IT place in Khon Kaen, I was concerned that it was a Chinese knockoff but was relieved to see on the label that it was "Made in Mexioc".blink.png

Edited by riceyummm

Fake cell phones? How strange. I've never even heard of that.

So I assume some Chinese company makes a phone that looks exactly like a Galaxy S3 for cheap, and then they try to sell it for the regular Samsung price at the IT shop?

Jingthing, there are some people here that are phone experts, and the likes of you and me are just noobs, and I cant even tell the difference between a fake t-shirt and the real macoy. Even the big auto dealers have been caught selling fakes in their repair shops.

Counterfeit cars? Wow. They are good...