Easiest Border-Run Ever

Pattaya28

I used to have a Cambodian friend who worked along the trat border. He knew several of the Cambodian immigration agents there, and said they all have two or three large houses in different parts of the country.

I did my own visa run last month to poi pet (drove myself) the boarder touts are relentless, so paying one 500 baht only adds to the increase number of them. In that area that is about equal to 3 days pay for 20 minutes work.

Yes I paid 800 for the visa, I did not have US$ and forgot the photo. I saw them not processing someone who tried to just give $20 who did not seem to be on a visa run but just entering the country. They just made him wait to the side and took other people walking in. I am not sure how long he was there before I walked in but I was there for 15 minutes and he was still there when I left.

A little preparation goes a long way. Any exchange window in Thai will sell you some USD. Make your way to Poipet for 200 baht on a direct air conditioned bus and the $20 Cambodia visa is still available if you stick to your guns. Have the $20 note ready to stick in your passport along with the form and photo at the window. Hand it to them, turn away and sit down. If they insist, give them 20 baht and tell them thats all you have in baht. Be firm and polite. They will call your name within 5 minutes and you are good to go.

I have driven it myself and find the fuel cost and accident risks outweigh the ease of the bus. I have made the bus trip 3 times to Cambodia in the last year for the total of 800 baht with no problem, no delay, no contest.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No what I said was that if I received more information I would repost for you............Suggest you go back and read again buddy.

"Whatever these Visa Runs are coming to an end shortly anyway with the actual introduction of 3 re entries and you're out (back to home country anyway)"

So this isn't what you believe? :huh:

I used to have a Cambodian friend who worked along the trat border. He knew several of the Cambodian immigration agents there, and said they all have two or three large houses in different parts of the country.

I did my own visa run last month to poi pet (drove myself) the boarder touts are relentless, so paying one 500 baht only adds to the increase number of them. In that area that is about equal to 3 days pay for 20 minutes work.

Yes I paid 800 for the visa, I did not have US$ and forgot the photo. I saw them not processing someone who tried to just give $20 who did not seem to be on a visa run but just entering the country. They just made him wait to the side and took other people walking in. I am not sure how long he was there before I walked in but I was there for 15 minutes and he was still there when I left.

A little preparation goes a long way. Any exchange window in Thai will sell you some USD. Make your way to Poipet for 200 baht on a direct air conditioned bus and the $20 Cambodia visa is still available if you stick to your guns. Have the $20 note ready to stick in your passport along with the form and photo at the window. Hand it to them, turn away and sit down. If they insist, give them 20 baht and tell them thats all you have in baht. Be firm and polite. They will call your name within 5 minutes and you are good to go.

I have driven it myself and find the fuel cost and accident risks outweigh the ease of the bus. I have made the bus trip 3 times to Cambodia in the last year for the total of 800 baht with no problem, no delay, no contest.

Are you taking this bus from pattaya?

There's a plethora of people on 12 month Multi-Entry Non-Imm visas that need to leave the country and re-enter every 90 days, those on a double-entry tourist visa etc. etc.

Indeed there are. And many of them are not tourists at all but are engaged either in illegal work or worse.

I am certain that at some point determined action will be taken to stop people from doing this. The simplest way would be to just stop issuing these long multi-entry visas and, by all accounts, they are indeed getting more and more difficult to obtain especially after the first one or two.

let's hope they also get rid of the long term retirement visa at the same time

Why would they want to do that? Retirees bring a vast amount of money into the country from overseas and, because of the financial requirements for getting a retirement visa/extension in the first place, they are fairly unlikely to be working illegally.

Many retirees live on pittance, don't own anything and use the excuse you cant own anything here BS, Thailand is full of them.

The majority of folk with vast amounts of money don't retire here sunshine.