Good Massage Place In Samui

I really would take that Wat Pho stuff with a pinch of salt. Like most qualifications in Thailand, the bottom line isn't worth that much. The minimum attendance to get Wat Pho certified (for a masseuse) is just 10-hours training. I confess that I don't know how Wat Pho certifies the actual massage shops, but I'd be surprised if it's anything to shout about. Anyway, no amount of training or certificates are a substitute for sensitivity, and I've been pulled and slapped about too many times to worry about certificates!

You don't say what sort of massage you're after. If it's just a sabai-sabai thing, then try the Mae Nam Sauna in Soi 1 (60 metres on the right). Prices very reasonable and several masseuses to work through till you find one you like.

If you need something more remedial, then Khun Santi is hard to beat. (In Chaweng now, next to the Ice Bar.) I know of several people who take their annual holidays just so they can come to see Santi. More info later if you're interested.

R

• Like 1

," then try the Mae Nam Sauna in Soi 1 (60 metres on the right). Prices very reasonable and several masseuses to work through till you find one you like"

R

I would agree about this place...on Soi 1 ... more professional than many thumbsup.gif

There are also, some good ladies around, that come to your home... (for proper massage... no funny business,!!! ) but they are usually booked up several days in advance.... but also limited to how far they will travel... PM me if you are in Maenam area.

thanks for the tips, well I tried yesterday a place in Chaweng...awful staff, i guess it is too touristy! saryunyaspa...the place is nice, good equipment but i got a massage by the least friendly ladyboy ever....first, nobody says hi once you get in, this is a bad start for me....then, i was told a " follow me" please was missing...sit down....please was mising again...I left before the end, that s a shame, really!

I don t like much thai massage, too strong for me, but since I stand up all day for my job, I d love a real foot massage, almost medical.

Thanks I ll try the place in Maenam,

chers

seroiusly,finding a good massage lady can be hit and miss,but you should be able to find a good one for 300 baht.You dont have to go high end(1000 baht upwards) to get a proper massage.If the poster would like to PM me i can recommend a very good massage place in fisherman village where i go if i have back problem.

Deleted a post & a couple of responses, don't ask me whyrolleyes.gif

i understand Roo,sometimes posters can have too much fun....tut tut!

You can have as much fun as you like, but keep it clean, all ages read this forum.

The place opposite Iyara Hotel is quite good. Called something like South by East. Obviously, in all these places it depends on which masseuse you get, as some are better than others, but I have always found this place to be pretty good.

I know, I know.....just a step in time backwards........In Nathon there was a wooden platform with roof, a big Sala, about at the location of that pier which is next to the parking now. There were about 20 old Thai men waiting for customers the whole day. They did old fashioned Thai massage the best you can imagine. They could feel all your physical cramps at the moment they touched you. They massaged that with their Thai cigarette between the lips of course. That was the best I experienced, better than Wat Po, I have lived in BKK too. It was completely an other dimension compared to the "Spas" nowadays....ok ok I know it's gone, but just a short reminiscence and I am not old.