Phu Hin Rong Kla National Park, Phitsanuloke

Spaniel

Next week, 28 January, my wife and I plan to drive from Bangkok to Phu Hin Ron NP and camp there for a couple of nights. We have camped at several NP but never here. If anyone has been there recently can you give us any helpful info concerning the park, camping, things to see? We will probably stay in that area about a week so any other places of interest to see nearby?

Was there about 5 years ago, so memory is a bit sketchy.

Stayed in some stone-built 2-room cottages near the park HQ. Certainly acceptable standard. Seem to recall that the hot water wasn't hot, and up there it felt decidedly icy for the morning shower.

Good walking trips to the old communist viewpoint and other rock outcrops. All in all, i enjoyed it, but 2 nights is certainly enough to do what you can do.

Consider dropping in to one of the Royal Palaces just over in Petchabun. More of a smart 'hunting lodge' than a 'Palace'. As far as i know, it's never used by the Royal family now, so you can have a good wander around the grounds with very little hassle from the guards etc. Nice rose garden, I recall.