Fee Free Atm

stockholm1995

Bring the cashfrom o/s and deposit into thai accont

or e-transfer to thai account then withdraw out of that.

Is it free to transfer, exchange and withdraw the cash? Do you have to pay for the Thai bank card, plus an annual fee?

Do you have to pay extra if you use another bank or withdraw from another region from where you opened an account?

It's cheaper for me to just use my UK products.

I have to admit I'm confused regarding Aeon and charges.

When I used Aoen's ATM, I got the 150 Baht charge and the 1 or 2% percent charge from the UK bank. When using a different bank's ATM the same applies, 150 Baht and percentage from the UK bank. So I always thought that 150 Baht was taken for the local bank and the percentage based on amount withdrawn was taken from the UK bank. So in my case isn't that Aeon taking 150 Baht just like the others?

I remember asking the bank about this a long time ago when the information first appeared on this forum, to which they told me it was to cover connection charges (seriously?), well if so then how come I can view my balance for free then.

Seefah, please don't take this the wrong way...but may I suggest that you didn't in fact use an Aeon ATM

you used a Thai bank ATM and where charged the rip off 150 baht by them.

post-2109-0-27476300-1359340768_thumb.jp

post-2109-0-43415500-1359340784_thumb.jp

post-2109-0-49835300-1359340798_thumb.jp

I don't mind at all people pointing out possible mistakes, however I'm certain that the ATM I used was Aeon. In the bottom picture is the Aoen ATM very similar to that at the back of Tesco Lotus in North Pattaya, the one I used recently and the same one I used when the 150 Baht fee and note on this very forums about Aeon being free first came to light. Even back then I was getting charged and its just an ordinary Nat.Wide Visa card.

Edited by seefah

I'm not disputing that some people aren't charged the 150 Baht, but I am being charged and always have been since the charge was introduced in Thailand, and wonder why if apparently everyone else on this forum aren't being charged.

Ahh Nationwide they used to be free but now ...AGREE

for years they were simply the BEST until a new Chappy took over and as has been stated turned it into a Bank although they still call themselves a Building Society (but with bank charges)

Used mines yesterday in Aeon (Japanese bank) in Tesco CM and of course no "roi ha sip" fee but they ...N/W will bung on their bank levy/s....

Keep meaning check out Metro down at Holborn...opposite the Princess Louise Pub.........and yes got a Bank Krungthrep a/c ...over 20 years now.....nice day today

I've been using AEON for quite some time now, since Thai banks started charging that 150 baht. Never had an atm fee from AEON.

And note that AEON is not a bank, but a Japanese credit company, issuing its own cards. I think when you use your own card and bank, they make some on the exchange rate. But probably not much more than the other banks do as well as dinging you for the extra fee.

I have been using AEON ATM's around Pattaya for the last few years and I have never paid any withdrawal fees what so ever.

I use an Australian 28 degrees mastercard and they do not charge any withdrawal fees either.

To the Australian that mentioned being charged $23 from Westpac, It is WESTPAC's fee NOT AEON's. I would suggest changing your Banks like I did a long time ago to avoid those outrageous fees, good luck.

I've been using AEON for quite some time now, since Thai banks started charging that 150 baht. Never had an atm fee from AEON.

And note that AEON is not a bank, but a Japanese credit company, issuing its own cards. I think when you use your own card and bank, they make some on the exchange rate. But probably not much more than the other banks do as well as dinging you for the extra fee.

I stand corrected....

At present, the Company’s principal business activity is the provision of a variety of retail finance services, including credit card, hire purchase, personal loan, and others. The core business, which generated most revenues for the Company in the past year, is credit card and personal loan business, representing 40% and 44% of total revenues respectively while the hire purchase business, represented 5% of total revenues.

As of February 20, 2012, the Company’s total cards reached 6.21 million cards (including 2.01 million credit cards and 4.20 million member cards), increased by 398,000 cards or 7% from the last year. For network expansion, the Company has 87 branches and 340 ATMs to support customers nationwide. Moreover, total dealers have reached more than 15,400 dealers.

I'm not disputing that some people aren't charged the 150 Baht, but I am being charged and always have been since the charge was introduced in Thailand, and wonder why if apparently everyone else on this forum aren't being charged.

We will say it one more time:

AEON is not charging you the 150THB fee your home bank is (it is just a coincidence that the fee your bank is charging happens to be the same exact amount as the Thai Bankers Association authorized fee)

I actually contacted my bank, Chase, whom I discovered was adding the 150 Baht charge, not AEON to my withdrawals.

I complained that taking 3%, and then another $5- from an ATM machine thats not even theirs ,was excessive.

Lo and behold they refunded the last 11 withdrawals, which I believe was all. $55-US.

The refund sounded like a one shot deal , but now I am threatening to report Chase to the Federal Reserve.

Stay tuned for more results- I hope!

I actually contacted my bank, Chase, whom I discovered was adding the 150 Baht charge, not AEON to my withdrawals.

I complained that taking 3%, and then another $5- from an ATM machine thats not even theirs ,was excessive.

Lo and behold they refunded the last 11 withdrawals, which I believe was all. $55-US.

The refund sounded like a one shot deal , but now I am threatening to report Chase to the Federal Reserve.

Why do you say in one sentence that Chase took 150thb and then in another $5. I bank with Chase in the US and they have NEVER taken any fees in a foreign currency. My account is a USD account and all fees are charged in USD. Some of the fees are % based and others are flat fees.

If the fee shows up on your bank statement, your bank took it. If your fee shows up on your ATM reciept or is displayed on the ATM and is OVER the amount you withdrew, it is being charged by the ATM.

I have been using AEON for years and have used each of the few machines in/around Pattaya. None have ever charged me a fee. My home banks however do charge. Some of them charge just a flat fee. Some charge the flat fee + a % charge they call a currency conversion fee. In any case, they are all scammers and you are way better of bringing cash out here and putting it into a thai bank where you will only have to pay 300thb for the ATM card per year (still a scam in my mind).

And exactly what do you think the Federal Reserve is going to do for you ? You should take the money and be grateful and just not use your Chase Card at any Thai Bank ATM's in the future

And exactly what do you think the Federal Reserve is going to do for you ? You should take the money and be grateful and just not use your Chase Card at any Thai Bank ATM's in the future

LM, Negative start, then nonsense about not using my Chase card ... Comments regarding a situation you know nothing about.

If you have nothing constructive to add to the post, then why bother. Vent some other way!

LM was just being truthful. The fees charged by Chase and others are legal and fully disclosed so what is your basis for going to the FR? There are fee less debit and/or credit cards out there, but it is up to you (the consumer) to do your homework.

TB and LM you must be friends.. Below is a quote.......Please lets get only professional answers here on the forum. Not cynical nonsense.

If ..... (The fees charged by Chase and others are legal and fully disclosed so what is your basis for going to the FR)

If this is the case the why did they refund the 150 Baht ($5-) charges?

report a bank complaint or problem to the Federal Reserve System or the appropriate regulator of your banking institution. If you are unsure of the bank regulator, file a complaint report with the Federal Reserve, and it will forward the bank complaint to the appropriate federal regulatory agency. The Federal Reserve promises to respond to bank complaints / problems within 15 business days and tell you the federal regulator or Reserve Bank that will be investigating your bank complaint or problem.

The Federal Reserve is responsible for carrying out many of the federal laws that protect consumers in their dealings with banks and financial institutions. The Board of Governors, located in Washington, D.C., works with the twelve Federal Reserve Banks around the country to make certain that the commercial banks which the Federal Reserve supervises abide by these laws. As a federal regulatory agency, the Federal Reserve System investigates consumer complaints received against State chartered banks that are members of the System. Complaints / problems with banks and financial institutions that are not supervised by the Federal Reserve System are referred to the appropriate federal agency.

The Federal Reserve can help individual consumers by answering questions about banking practices, and investigating complaints and problems with specific banks

TB and LM you must be friends.. Below is a quote.......Please lets get only professional answers here on the forum. Not cynical nonsense.

If ..... (The fees charged by Chase and others are legal and fully disclosed so what is your basis for going to the FR)

If this is the case the why did they refund the 150 Baht ($5-) charges?

report a bank complaint or problem to the Federal Reserve System or the appropriate regulator of your banking institution. If you are unsure of the bank regulator, file a complaint report with the Federal Reserve, and it will forward the bank complaint to the appropriate federal regulatory agency. The Federal Reserve promises to respond to bank complaints / problems within 15 business days and tell you the federal regulator or Reserve Bank that will be investigating your bank complaint or problem.

The Federal Reserve is responsible for carrying out many of the federal laws that protect consumers in their dealings with banks and financial institutions. The Board of Governors, located in Washington, D.C., works with the twelve Federal Reserve Banks around the country to make certain that the commercial banks which the Federal Reserve supervises abide by these laws. As a federal regulatory agency, the Federal Reserve System investigates consumer complaints received against State chartered banks that are members of the System. Complaints / problems with banks and financial institutions that are not supervised by the Federal Reserve System are referred to the appropriate federal agency.

The Federal Reserve can help individual consumers by answering questions about banking practices, and investigating complaints and problems with specific banks

It is called good will and is the reason that they refunded the $5 ATM charges. Just go ahead and continue to use the Chase Card and see if they still refund your $5 charges in the future.

And us experts here are still trying to understand your basis for thinking that Chase has done anything wrong or consumer unfriendly, since all of us experts know that banks disclose their fees, it is just that some customers fail to read those disclosures and then want to run off and make a consumer complaint

Around 15 month ago in oct 2011 aeon change the ATMs since that any withdrawal is blocked from my German online bank ! Dkb.de

But the bank also refound me the thai bank fees when I send a mail , must wait one week no matter what ATM I use!

The exchange rate always from your homecountry is valid, visa exchange rates always aprox 1 bath higher for 1€

Then a euro cash exchange on any bank in thai

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app