Fee Free Atm

stockholm1995

I tried AEO in pattaya and there was a fee.

So I do not beleive this is true for all of their ATM's.

depends on what card you have.

Yes, and the fee is related to the issuing bank of the card that inifiny11 used, AEON doesn’t charge any fee.

Aeon does indeed charge a 150 Baht fee to take out cash. It does depend on the card and what country its from.

I use Chase and the fee online indicates Non-Chase fee $5- now many people say Aeon does not charge but......

On Int'l transactions there must be a third bank involved in the process.

After saying this, I have also on occasion used the same card and received no fee. Go figure.

So somebody charges. Sometimes.

Aeon does indeed charge a 150 Baht fee to take out cash. It does depend on the card and what country its from.

I use Chase and the fee online indicates Non-Chase fee $5- now many people say Aeon does not charge but......

After saying this, I have also on occasion used the same card and received no fee. Go figure.

No, it does not. Refer to your bank. Don't spread misinformation.

• Like 1

The info in my post is 100% accurate. The fees are shown online and where they originate.

The one outside Homeworks,the one that used to be at Tesco Lotus South Pattaya, the one at Big C extra ( AKA Carrefour )

and the 2 at the AEON office in Tesco Lotus North Pattaya have never charged the Thai bankers rip off 150 baht fee.

I use a metro bank card ,no charges either by the bank or aeon and a good exchange rate ,i used to use nationwide building society untill they thought that they were a bank and not run for its members and started charging ,aeon did not.

Thats very useful!!!.........Metro certainley are good, however to avoid atm charge, I went in numerous banks with passport and asked to withdraw money, as have done in the past with Nationwide, the Metro card was declned everytime, Metro couldnt explain why, so AEON it is if needed.

You even admit

I use Chase and the fee online indicates Non-Chase fee $5-
and that fee is charged by Chase NOT AEON, so onced again AEON does not charge a fee for use of their ATM's YOUR BANK DOES
  • Like 1

The info in my post is 100% accurate. The fees are shown online and where they originate.

The problem is that you don't understand your own bank statements. The fee, as stated earlier, is from your bank.

At least of you hit 20k it lessons the taste.

If you have to catch the bts / mrt to superrich to change cash or just use the normal atm it work out nearly same anyways.

Aeon saves the day for me these days

It is always a sour taste when you have to pay the B150

Indeed but what is much worse is what Australian banks charge (o/s atm) , I dont usually use ATMs as I know what they cost.

See copy paste for withdrawal of 25,000 Baht = (150 no problem) + 23.97x31=743.07 = 890 Baht extra

WITHDRAWAL AT O/S ATM 0000000 THA 25150.00THB 0209910101 INCL. WESTPAC FOREIGN TRANSACTION FEE AUD $23.97

The Robber Barons get nothing from me usually , I bring cash !

Edited by stailmanki

I have noticed that some of the older aeon machines do in fact charge the fee. I use the newer one at big c pattaya klang, no fee.

More nonsense....

Yeah, they don't charge a fee. I've used AEON for different card and have never been charged.

If this Thai bank fee is charged you will get a pop up asking you to accept the 150 baht fee, as they do at all other ATMs.

If there is a fee on your bank statement, that's your banks fee.

I use a visa debit card from a credit union in the USA.

They charge me 1% and then i pay the 150 too.

So that is about 2% (on about 15,00 baht max).

I am sure i tried AEON and i am sure they charged a fee but no pain in trying or trying again.

You can be sure that you are wrong.

I am sure i tried AEON and i am sure they charged a fee but no pain in trying or trying again.

Right or wrong, time will tell.

Right or wrong, time will tell.

They don't charge a fee. I've been using AEON for years, since other ATM's first started charging this fee - and I have never been charged on an AEON ATM.

Rather than arguing the point, you should be thankful that members are offering you this information. I too wouldn't have known if a forum member hadn't kindly offered the information here.

BTW, I only use international ATM cards at AEON, not credit or debit cards.

Edited by tropo

In an effort to clear this up from my end. I contacted Chase bank on this matter.

This is a quote from Chase.

"For non-Chase ATM withdrawal transactions conducted

outside of the United States, Puerto Rico and the U.S.

Virgin Islands, a fee in the amount of $5 will apply per

transaction."

My apologies for saying AEON charges me $5- They do not, and their exchange rate has been quite generous.

To me non-Chase ATM fee meant a charge from someone other than Chase.

In reality it only meant an ATM other than Chase. I was certainly fooled by Chase.