How Much Do You Give To Your Girlfriend Each Month?

Renoir

Not sure why you need to give her any money at all. Bit of an odd question unless you asked her to stop work. But the answer is that it's up to you. Every situation is different.

That pretty much sums up what I believe. If someone is given too much then they are likely to ACT like a kept woman. I feel that all adults should work at something, for no other reason than self respect. How much to give would depend entirely on the circumstances and where they might live. I would imagine that living in Issan would cost far less than living in Bangkok or Phuket.

You got that right Davejones, unless you asked her to stop work.

It has been said that some would rather spend their time with their gf rather than waiting for them to come home from work all tired etc.

So if you do this then, do the same as you would in your home country.

There is no difference.

To the posters who ridicule this I ask Why judge what you don't know.

If you cant say anything nice, then don't say nufin at all.

This is not a pissing contest, the question is what do folk consider reasonable to give to a gf in Thailand.

The Op is sensibly trying to get a grip on possible expenses during his visit.

There are many good posts that cover a great variety of scenarios which should be helpful to the OP. -

Job Done - let the pissing contest really begin.

(Shuffles off for another cup of tea muttering quietly to himself ....)

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure why you need to give her any money at all. Bit of an odd question unless you asked her to stop work. But the answer is that it's up to you. Every situation is different.

That pretty much sums up what I believe. If someone is given too much then they are likely to ACT like a kept woman. I feel that all adults should work at something, for no other reason than self respect. How much to give would depend entirely on the circumstances and where they might live. I would imagine that living in Issan would cost far less than living in Bangkok or Phuket.

It has been said that some would rather spend their time with their gf rather than waiting for them to come home from work all tired etc.

There is no difference.

This is not a pissing contest, the question is what do folk consider reasonable to give to a gf in Thailand.

There are many good posts that cover a great variety of scenarios which should be helpful to the OP. -

the question is what do folk consider reasonable to give to a gf in Thailand.

Heres a better idea, why dont you ask a Thai man how much he gives.

do the same as you would in your home country.

Never known any of my friends living in farangland have to pay a woman to be their girlfriend, when I lived there I certainly didnt.

There is no difference.

the question is what do folk consider reasonable to give to a gf in Thailand.

Heres a better idea, why dont you ask a Thai man how much he gives.

do the same as you would in your home country.

Never known any of my friends living in farangland have to pay a woman to be their girlfriend, when I lived there I certainly didnt.

I know many people in farangland who pay their girlfriends monthly. Mostly when said girlfriend (wife more often) stays at home to take care of the house, or she just happens to be unemployed. Of course they don't call it a salary or payment, it's just an ATM card and a credit card...

• Like 2

Well the amount is very much subjective to each person, veeeeeery difficult to say.

Because we have...

average farangs - with hi-so thais

average farangs - with so called lo-so thais.

hi-so farangs - with hi-so thais

hi-so farangs - with lo-so thais

lo-so farangs - with hi-so thais

lo-so farangs - with lo-so thais

Not to mention those groups that are supper stingy or overly generous!..., and not including cases with "special" needs and/or circumstances!smile.png

But if you insist on giving away your hard earned money, then whatever amount that you're happy of losing. I would think

Well you haven't really told us of your situation....you are referring to a video you saw on youtube.

So are you speculating, should you find yourself in a relationship...or are you already there and she is asking awkward questions regarding money?

More info, then maybe we can help....but my advice is, don't give one cent until you are married, otherwise you will more than likely be taken for a ride....but even after marriage, nothing is guaranteed.

Good luck.

Cheers.

I have visited Thailand and love it. I am planning on living there next year and I will be looking for a girlfriend who is not working in a bar. I am simply trying to figure out how much money I will need to live there.

Richard

If your future GF does not work in a bar, you don't need to give her anything, unless you want her to give up work and live with you 24/7.

However, unless she has a well paying job, or you want to live in a grotty small room with almost nothing, you will be paying for the rent, food, appliances etc.

Back in 'white man' land I had to pay a woman not to be my wife .......... quite a large amount too ...... but worth every penny.

Did you have to pay her to be your wife?, Thailand has it right, pay upfront.

Back in 'white man' land I had to pay a woman not to be my wife .......... quite a large amount too ...... but worth every penny.

Did you have to pay her to be your wife?, Thailand has it right, pay upfront.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

It's the idiotic dirty old middle aged men that take a girl in her late teens early twenties and completely ruin them with iphones, laptops, cars, motorbikes, cash so that they will be their girlfriend (sados).

Most of those girls will turn into nasty, self obsessed, selfish women in the end paying the young Thai Karaoke boy to go with them once or twice a week just to make them feel a bit normal and not so much as a freak by living with one.............seen it time and time again. rolleyes.gif

Not really so idiotic. I'm sure those saddos are still getting something out of the relationship.

Of course it's idiotic where's the relationship going to end up? in the scrap heap, guaranteed with a stamp of approval.

It's the idiotic dirty old middle aged men that take a girl in her late teens early twenties and completely ruin them with iphones, laptops, cars, motorbikes, cash so that they will be their girlfriend (sados).

Most of those girls will turn into nasty, self obsessed, selfish women in the end paying the young Thai Karaoke boy to go with them once or twice a week just to make them feel a bit normal and not so much as a freak by living with one.............seen it time and time again. rolleyes.gif

Not really so idiotic. I'm sure those saddos are still getting something out of the relationship.

Of course it's idiotic where's the relationship going to end up? in the scrap heap, guaranteed with a stamp of approval.

Perhaps but it was enjoyable while it lasted.

Do you think any of them could have had a gorgeous twenties something GF that actually has relations with them back home?

Besides, plenty more lusty young wenches to take their place.

It's not about finding a soul mate in a foreign clime.

• Like 2

Do you think any of them could have had a gorgeous twenties something GF that actually has relations with them back home?

Of course not and I very much doubt their ability to have a meaningful one either, odd folk indeed.

Welll, really unsure how you differentiate the ones who use to work bar and expect money to the ones who use to work and now also expect money.

1. Why would you want her to stop working? if you did want her to stay home i would say the same amount she use to make while working

2.Why did she stop working and changed to "living with you"? Again i would say same amount as she use to make working, though no doubt she would expect much more

3. If she now does all the housework and hence the reason she stopped working, i would say 8000 baht as a minimum as this is a wage for a live in maid.

Sorry to be harsh, but do not understand why a woman would stop working when she has a boyfriend, if you were married and she was pregnant it might be a different story

I don't want her to stop working if she prefers continuing working. However Thais work long hours. She may want to stop working to simply enjoy an easy life.Of course, if she continues working, then there is no need to give money.

I think it is easy to see if a woman is working in a bar or not. It all depends where you meet her.

I am not looking for a woman to do housework. I can do it myself.

Renoir

just because she does not work bar it does not mean she is not in the same trade.

if she wants to stop working because of the long hours, rest assured she is no different to a bar girl, just much smarter

it allways make me wonder why a guy would want to marry a bar girl ok she proberly great between the sheets but would he marry a prostitute in his home town or some one that been with say 100 guys god these guys must be desperate for sex or company these girls are very clever at there job be it sex or taking your money also they are lazy and uneducated people or like a lot thai women they have some respect for themselves and get a what i cal a proper job and try get themselves educated < Inappropriate language removed >

Edited by metisdead

Welll, really unsure how you differentiate the ones who use to work bar and expect money to the ones who use to work and now also expect money.

1. Why would you want her to stop working? if you did want her to stay home i would say the same amount she use to make while working

2.Why did she stop working and changed to "living with you"? Again i would say same amount as she use to make working, though no doubt she would expect much more

3. If she now does all the housework and hence the reason she stopped working, i would say 8000 baht as a minimum as this is a wage for a live in maid.

Sorry to be harsh, but do not understand why a woman would stop working when she has a boyfriend, if you were married and she was pregnant it might be a different story

I don't want her to stop working if she prefers continuing working. However Thais work long hours. She may want to stop working to simply enjoy an easy life.Of course, if she continues working, then there is no need to give money.

I think it is easy to see if a woman is working in a bar or not. It all depends where you meet her.

I am not looking for a woman to do housework. I can do it myself.

Renoir

just because she does not work bar it does not mean she is not in the same trade.

if she wants to stop working because of the long hours, rest assured she is no different to a bar girl, just much smarter

it allways make me wonder why a guy would want to marry a bar girl ok she proberly great between the sheets but would he marry a prostitute in his home town or some one that been with say 100 guys god these guys must be desperate for sex or company these girls are very clever at there job be it sex or taking your money also they are lazy and uneducated people or like a lot thai women they have some respect for themselves and get a what i cal a proper job and try get themselves educated < Inappropriate language removed >

Thats not always the case. Some girls are desperate for a way out of the 'relative' poverty and just want a good relationship with someone who will look after them. Because they ended up in a bar to support their family doesnt mean that they are not capable of being in a steady relationship and committed to one person.

Ok here we go

I use to give her 30,000 but half went to bills (with 3 yr son)

Now that the major bill is gone i think i will give her 20,000 but flexible

She has to give mum 2000 p/mth

True 1500 p/mth

School bus 500/p/mth

Power/water 1000 p/mth

No health ins

I pay any extras ie Car ins / Ect

I learnt that if i give the wife to mucvh it will only go to other family members

She is certainly not without & there are many threads the same as this

Kananga,

I've got news for you.

Older gentlemen that form a relationship with women in their late teens and 20's are not dirty old perverts.

They are women, not children.

Although I am not interested in women that young, I don't find them to be mature enough for me, there is nothing wrong with a 45 year old setting up home with a 20 year old.

Your replies indicate that you are a young person as you come across as an immature person. Maybe you are jealous of the older man having enough money to live his fantasy?

Of course not and I very much doubt their ability to have a meaningful one either, odd folk indeed.

You can't win an argument with the dirty old pervert brigade. They've got themselves armed to the false teeth with excuses for their behaviour.

I thought you were condemning them, not arguing with them.

Tell me again - what's perverted about wanting a beautiful girlfriend?

I'm always surprised at the chaps who have such a great understanding of the chicanery of prostitutes, yet disavow any first-hand knowledge. Poor old mickyboy's got so beside himself with prejudiced fervor that it's affected his punctuation.

SC

Question is would you call it a gf if you are paying them off ? Kinda like passing a rental car off as one that you own to impress someone.

Anyway like i said before i can understand it in certain cases, if you don't want to sit home all day alone and pay her not to work. But why would she need a ful salary then, she gets freedom. If she gets full salary and has nothing to do she sacrifices nothing. I always believed it had to go both ways.

Anyway to each his or her own.

• Like 1

You can't win an argument with the dirty old pervert brigade. They've got themselves armed to the false teeth with excuses for their behaviour.

I'm always surprised at the chaps who have such a great understanding of the chicanery of prostitutes, yet disavow any first-hand knowledge. Poor old mickyboy's got so beside himself with prejudiced fervor that it's affected his punctuation.

SC

Question is would you call it a gf if you are paying them off ? Kinda like passing a rental car off as one that you own to impress someone.

Anyway like i said before i can understand it in certain cases, if you don't want to sit home all day alone and pay her not to work. But why would she need a ful salary then, she gets freedom. If she gets full salary and has nothing to do she sacrifices nothing. I always believed it had to go both ways.

I think it's quite common to give one's wife a housekeeping allowance.

Personally, I didn't set out with a checklist of requirements and run the rule over each potential candidate prior to a first date - appearance, earning potential, education, teeth, family history of congenital illnesses, combine harvester...

If that means that one is obliged to support one's partner then so be it. I found, particularly in Thailand, that my wife was better suited to staying at home and looking after the home and children while I went out to work. It's even more important for these young ladies who are not actually married to their partners, for whom there is no financial security, and so they need to be accumulating and setting aside money / accruing family favours, as when the wealthier partner pops his clogs (no offence intended, it;'s a widely used turn of phrase) she's not left destitute and begging, having sacrificed her best years.

Our own criteria are not always the best to judge others by, least of all when we are not in the same situation, whether through our age, earning potential, or our narrow-minded prejudices (the latter not aimed at your good self, Rob)

SC

I like the analogy. Be prepared to be shot at dawn though.

SC

I think it's quite common to give one's wife a housekeeping allowance.

Personally, I didn't set out with a checklist of requirements and run the rule over each potential candidate prior to a first date - appearance, earning potential, education, teeth, family history of congenital illnesses, combine harvester...

If that means that one is obliged to support one's partner then so be it. I found, particularly in Thailand, that my wife was better suited to staying at home and looking after the home and children while I went out to work. It's even more important for these young ladies who are not actually married to their partners, for whom there is no financial security, and so they need to be accumulating and setting aside money / accruing family favours, as when the wealthier partner pops his clogs (no offence intended, it;'s a widely used turn of phrase) she's not left destitute and begging, having sacrificed her best years.

Our own criteria are not always the best to judge others by, least of all when we are not in the same situation, whether through our age, earning potential, or our narrow-minded prejudices (the latter not aimed at your good self, Rob)

SC

Many shades of grey here, nothing against a wife taking care of children ect. But in general people know if they are renting or not if they look deep in their heart. Plus even if they are renting there is nothing wrong with that as long as they don't fool themselves and leave themselves vulnerable and then come to spam the board about how bad Thai woman are.

For me it was important that my partner was independent from me. Actually id pay for any girl to stay away from me, 24/7 with anyone would drive me crazy. Others can't stand to be alone, so to each his or her own. I like to have a relationship and do my own thing.

And im deeply offended by you pop the clogs analogy (good find biggrin.png )

When it's the mango season, most men eat mangoes.

Define 'girlfriend'

Oh, just to add, It's insolvent young men that are jealous

Who exactly are these insolvent jealous young men you keep referring to? And why would they be jealous of some old fart who's got one foot in the grave and the other in the ATM machine every other day to 'keep the dream alive'?

• Like 1