Chiang Mai Man Tries To Assault Aussie Jogger

Lite Beer

just few months back, a female got murdered, raped and tortured in a 5 hours long ordeal. and similarly to this case, the man involved had a history and was well known around his area for having some serious mental issues

these people obviously need some serious help and is a threat to the public yet nothing or little is being done till something serious happen.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just few months back, a female got murdered, raped and tortured in a 5 hours long ordeal. and similarly to this case, the man involved had a history and was well known around his area for having some serious mental issues

these people obviously need some serious help and is a threat to the public yet nothing or little is being done till something serious happen.

Where did this happen.?

Disgusting , anything like this will not help the tourist numbers. It is not the fact that she will not come back but the word of mouth re the incident. The Asians are flocking in they say, but are not as likely to get into these kind of situs, as they are mostly tour group style, the European types are the ones to fall foul to the scams and incidents. So as the numbers of European style tourists fade away so will the scams and assault incidents.

Future is looking a bit bleak for the bar persons if this trend continues, and hooray for Thailand and it's new found Asian friends.

what drivel

what you forget the Westerner built most Thailand's resorts, Your Asian friends will not spread there money around like westerners , they arrive in groups chaperoned around like cattle in groups and the big hotels and company's will make a lot of money , where will the street venders go, you don't see many Japanese or Indians, buying street food.

Nope you are wrong there.... right as in USED TO BE!! Now the trend as changed and they are not travelling in heards but individually and exploring and eating in the local spots... Go out and spend a few days in CM center and you will see..

Agree totally. They are exploring but they also spend part of their money in areas very few westerner would do and also different type of watering hole.

If you think an incident like this is going to affect tourism in CM I think you're wrong. Most Western women are only too aware what happens in their own countries to start marking out Thailand as a dangerous destination.The influx of Asian tourists and a decline in Europeans and others reflect the relative economic situations, no more, no less.

Like usual, we in Chiangmai need a Pattaya News service to hear about those incident. Most is kept quiet in Chiangmai area. I guess not to attract attention.

The Thai media syndrome. If you ignore it, it did not happen. Just look at The Bk P0st and the Nation, both are extreme examples of not reporting on stuff that could effect tourism. Keep it off the internet is their motto.

if the report is true, the attemptee rapist, may well be on a path of further violence to women,he has started an escalation of crime, gone from "boring" the locals with "flashing", he now has gone up a level to attemting to rape someone.

maybe he has done some other acts of violence to women,if so they probably happened to village girls,so the matter was sorted in the "local" way.

Lock him up. Get him off the streets. A flasher, an attacker, a rapist. Put him in an institution, set up a violators national data base. The Thai "cure" will not work.

just few months back, a female got murdered, raped and tortured in a 5 hours long ordeal. and similarly to this case, the man involved had a history and was well known around his area for having some serious mental issues. these people obviously need some serious help and is a threat to the public yet nothing or little is being done till something serious happen.

Thais are famous for tolerating all sorts of annoyances and worse, from loud noises to trash strewn all over, to reckless drivers, ....on and on. The arresting police already set the tone for letting the attempting rapist off the hook, by accepting the villagers' gossip as a ready-made convenient excuse - so not even the village headman loses any face (no matter about the girl, she's farang, she has money, and she will go home and probably forget about it).

If you were to ask the police (whether that rapist will attack someone again), they will tell you; "that fool will not attempt to rape anyone else." ....and they should know about future events, as they're all steeped in hocus pocus.

Like usual, we in Chiangmai need a Pattaya News service to hear about those incident. Most is kept quiet in Chiangmai area. I guess not to attract attention.

Dear God no. Then well get reams of drivel threads like this one, just like on the Pattaya forum. Keep Chaing Mai a cut above that please.smile.png

Issaan onlooker

Waiting for all the thai appologists to come out with well if she hadn't gone jogging in a sporting suit like some aussie bogan then this wouldn't of happened and the old, people everywhere, not just Thailand try and rape female joggers.

Waiting for all the thai appologists to come out with well if she hadn't gone jogging in a sporting suit like some aussie bogan then this wouldn't of happened and the old, people everywhere, not just Thailand try and rape female joggers.

tsk tsk tks someone gonna bite on that. i guess the hand blinded chimp is still asleep before the victim get blamed again.

Yeah, yeah, yeah...he was some "important" Thai and she was wearing a "fitting" sports- outfit.

Translation: we will not really push the issue and by the way, it was her own fault!

Another thing: the villagers "feeling bored"...I guess, that is a translation issue, also.

Many times I heard Thais using the term "bored" in the way it should rather mean "annoyed" - some just don't know the word.

Yeah, yeah, yeah...he was some "important" Thai and she was wearing a "fitting" sports- outfit.

Translation: we will not really push the issue and by the way, it was her own fault!

Another thing: the villagers "feeling bored"...I guess, that is a translation issue, also.

Many times I heard Thais using the term "bored" in the way it should rather mean "annoyed" - some just don't know the word.

It hasn't made the Aussie media as yet but if it does they will certainly push it. Thailand took a hammering in the Aussie media last year with the scams, murders, assaults and the thais who murdered a guy in australia and fled back to Thailand for protection.

Any one remember Tom Lehrer?

Next we have the dear-hearts-and-gentle-people’s school of songwriting, in which the singer tells you that, no matter how much sin and vice and crime go on where he comes from, it’s still the be

Ace in the world because it’s home, you know. sort of gets you. this example is called my home town.

I really have a yen

To go back once again,

Back to the place where no one wears a frown,

To see once more those super-special just plain folks

In my home town.

No fellow could ignore

The little girl next door,

She sure looked sweet in her first evening gown.

Now there’s a charge for what she used to give for free

In my home town.

I remember dan, the druggist on the corner, ’e

Was never mean or ornery,

He was swell.

He killed his mother-in-law and ground her up real well,

And sprinkled just a bit

Over each banana split.

The guy that taught us math,

Who never took a bath,

Acquired a certain measure of renown,

And after school he sold the most amazing pictures

In my home town.

That fellow was no fool

Who taught our sunday school,

And neither was our kindly parson brown.

We’re recording tonight so I have to leave this line out.

In my home town.

I remember sam, he was the village idiot.

And though it seems a pity, it

Was so.

He loved to burn down houses just to watch the glow,

And nothing could be done,

Because he was the mayor’s son.

The guy that took a knife

And monogrammed his wife,

Then dropped her in the pond and watched her drown.

Oh, yes indeed, the people there are just plain folks

In my home town.

That was written about the USA over 50 years ago and could well have been written about almost anywhere in the world.

Is Thailand any worse than anywhere else?

• Like 2

It's pretty sleepy and village like up there.

I am guessing this is up a little north of Prem School and near the Spa resort.

One time I was cycling up there and saw one of the village drunks sleeping in the road. My eyes were bugging out because I thought "was this guy hit by a vehicle".

Another local came by on a motorbike and was amused by my interest and just kept going.

On another occasion I was cycling down narrow jeep roads to the west of Huai Sai and perhaps ignoring some no trespassing signs for that big agricultural area. The grow a lot of bananas. I can't read the signs but was on the road with just a bicycle. A farmer dude got really aggressive telling me to not come back.

I just thought what a bunch of weirdos. What do they think? am I going to steal their bananas?

Seems like some of these villages have real characters and maybe a bit extra inbreeding.

Scary incident. She was lucky to escape with her life.

I know this place very well as I bike up there all the time. It's between the Samoeng road and Prem. Beautiful area, nice villages, and friendly folk-- great trails too. There are a couple of small resorts in the Mae Raem-Ban Oy area.

In my experience, Thai villages are chock full of people suffering with mental disabilities, from adults with Down's syndrome to old folk with Alzheimer's, more or less abandoned by their relatives and receiving no treatment and nominal supervision at best. Not to mention the drunks. It makes the local people feel boring.

The article is a classic.

• Like 1

The local people also told police that Mr. Kraisorn always showed his sexual organ in public places which made people feel bored.

classic

I read this story in the Daily News, a Thai paper yesterday, I forget the phrase they used, probably beua nai- 'fed up with' as opposed to 'beua'- bored. Weak translation.

Son of assistant village head, another arsehol_e who thinks he can do anything he pleases.

and the lady , put on a fitted sporting suit, why is this relevant,I suppose it will be used as

defense by the man , could not help himself, was her fault !!

regards Worgeordie

Have you seen the "photo" at the top of the report linked to?. What kind of cr@p news source is this?

Exactly; so insensitive, sickening and stupid of them to put such a photo there !

Yew!! Sick they are for sure and even more sick to have written this :

"

"In their initial investigation, the police found that Mr. Kraisorn had a condition of a mental disorder, and he had been sent to be cured in a Chiang Mai hospital. The local people also told police that Mr. Kraisorn always showed his sexual organ in public places which made people feel bored.

So the police prepared to send the defendant to check his mental symptom again, before sending him to prosecute further in an accusation of raping other people.

OMG... these reporters are hopeless but before they even try to improve their skills thay should learn proper English to be comprehensible to begin with... Once they are comprehensible then yes by all means improve your reporting skills ... Hopeless but totaly hopeless!!

You're on thin ice with your last paragraph. If you are going to criticise other people's language skills check your own first.

• Like 2

If you think an incident like this is going to affect tourism in CM I think you're wrong. Most Western women are only too aware what happens in their own countries to start marking out Thailand as a dangerous destination.The influx of Asian tourists and a decline in Europeans and others reflect the relative economic situations, no more, no less.

Such incidents DEFINITELY have a negative effect on tourism. You can't deny that. But, yes, the effect is not as big as some people in the forum think it is. However, as I said, there is bound to be SOME effect. For example, if a group of female tourists are 50-50 regarding whether to go to Thailand or Bali, and if they happen to come across such news as the one in this thread, they might opt for Bali.

Where did this happen.?

In Chiang Mai.. she was a student.

In my experience, Thai villages are chock full of people suffering with mental disabilities, from adults with Down's syndrome to old folk with Alzheimer's, more or less abandoned by their relatives and receiving no treatment and nominal supervision at best. Not to mention the drunks. It makes the local people feel boring. The article is a classic.

First off, Thais who get taught English by Thai teachers, don't learn the difference between verb tenses such as 'boring' and 'bored'. The teachers don't know the diff, so how can they convey it to students? Many times I've grinned when I've heard a U-educated Thai say soemthing like, "I'm interesting" or "I'm exciting" ...in place of "I'm interested" or "I'm excited."

On the other point: I too have seen too many 'mentally challenged' people walking around in a daze/haze. I reside in a small village north of C.Mai, and the % appears to be high.

Where did this happen.?

In Chiang Mai.. she was a student.

The story says she was a tourist. Guess the thai media got it wrong again.