Can I Have A Car Or Motorcycle In My Own Name?

nigelnuch

HELLO CAN YOU TELL ME HOW TO REGISTER A CAR & MOTORCYCLE IN MY OWN NAME. I AM BRITISH BUT I AM MARRIED TO A THAI AND I HAVE LIVED HERE FOR A NUMBER OF YEARS. WE LIVE NEAR NAKHON SAWAN SO ANY DETAILS OF WHAT PAPERWORK WE NEED TO PRODUCE AND WHERE TO PRODUCE IT WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED THANK YOU.

Thank you transam for your reply, can you tell me where to take the letter to to register the car and bike in my name, also as anyone got any information on where and how to get a yellow book as we have had our own house for 8 years now. P.S. sorry hkt83100 for shouting at you, your input on this topic would be much appreciated. Thank you,wai.gif.

Thank you transam for your reply, can you tell me where to take the letter to to register the car and bike in my name, also as anyone got any information on where and how to get a yellow book as we have had our own house for 8 years now. P.S. sorry hkt83100 for shouting at you, your input on this topic would be much appreciated. Thank you,wai.gif.

Your local transport office, if the ride is not new the named in the blue book must go with you to sign it over.

Yellow Book, your local amphur office, but first go find your local head man and tell him you want a yellow book, he is the key.

uer office, first thing to do is chat up your local head man

Agree with Transam about getting the book first - I frequently buy & sell bikes and the yellow book saves the hassle of going to immigration every 30 days (that's how long their letter is valid for.

Either way, when you go to your local Land Transport Office, you'll need to have the two transfer forms signed by the previous owner that you (hopefully) got when you bought the vehicle, a copy of the sellers ID card if they are Thai or a copy of the passport ID page PLUS the visa page if the seller is a farang. Make sure in whichever case, they are still valid!

From your side, you'll need copies of your passport ID page & visa, copy of yellow house book or letter from immigration and some spare time & cash. Used vehiicles are assessed by the LTO at 0.5% of purchase price for tax plus a few other odds & sods. If it's not taxed and insured, you can do that on the spot at the LTO too. In Chiang Mai at least, once you have done the paperwork and given the clerk the blue/green book, they give you a plastic laminated number and you go back in a day or two and get the book back with your details in it.

Cheers,

Pikey.

• Like 1