Australian Citizen Required To Sign Citizenship Form For My Son

Hello and good day to you all,

Any Australian citizens willing to help out....

As an Australian myself, my son's citizenship form needs signing by an 'Australian Witness'; sign a form and the back of 4 photos of my son. Unfortunately, there are no Australians at my place of employment.

If you can help, I will return a favor... buy you a beer, give you a couple of hundred baht (etc).

I reside near Ekkami, Sukhumvit. Please message me if you are able to help out.

Posted January 2013 - request valid until June 2013 or until further notice.

Sincerely,

Coconutmonkey

You need to read the form....it can also be a national of the country you are in who holds one of the list of professions that are on the form. Be careful, checks are made of who signs that section and how they know the child, and for how long. A check is also made on whether the person who signs the form holds one of those occupations, whether they are Australian or Thai. All of this information is on the form, you just have to make sure to read all of it.

I recently had to do exactly the same for my son who was born here, except we applied for his NZ citizenship. I had the choice of using a NZ passport holder (anyone), or a Thai person from a select list of professions (doctor, lawyer etc). Luckily I knew another Kiwi living nearby.