Activated Charcoal Tablets.

masuk

I can see there have been others on this topic in the past two years, but none actually tell me 'what' and 'where'.

So basically can anyone tell me the THAI for these tablets and where I might buy some.

I know they're good and every little shop around Java has them, but I'm a bit stuck for the Thai name.

I asked for charcoal last time and they looked at me funny. I said carbon and they understood. Dont know any brand names though??

Any big pharmacy will have them

Edited by jambco984

Greater Pharma CA-R-BON CHARCOAL (written like that) capsules are 18 baht per strip of 10 capsules @250mg and are available all over. They come in a little grey/white paper pouch.

The likes of Watsons (perhaps Boots) also do DELTA CHARCOAL (tablet form) for about 50 baht @100mg, which also have 100mg Magnesium.

Can't beat the ole charcoal if one is pooing through the eye of a needle. whistling.gif

• Like 2

Charcoal tablets are always in my travel survival kit . I have found the dearer ones @ 50 baht are more effective than the capsules and much better than any of the other poo blocker pills. Watsons & Boots always carry them .

Bought mine at Pharma.

I keep them handy along with 3% hydrogen peroxide, for my pets in case they're ever poisoned. They haven't, not in 16 years but..., so I replenish with new activated charcoal pills and H2O2. Good to give you time to get to the vet.

An Aside: Normal charcoal is not the same as activated charcoal but ordinary charcoal does a great job absorbing any untoward smells in the fridge or living room (not that anyone smokes these days).