How About Customer Service?

JakeBKK

I am keen to ask for your opinion on this topic. How many out of you waste valuable lifetime talking to AIS,DTAC,True,3BB,TOT, TT&T( do they still exist?) customer support and other Thai company's?

It seems they the particularly neglect their English speaking sections/customers. The minions there follow a complete mindless script. In 9 out of 10 cases you hear: A technician will call you back. - This is like finding true love in a beer bar. ( it only happens if you believe in it.)

I don't know if you notice the internet outages over the last couple of days. Well to be honest, they are related to upgrades within the network, This is usually a good thing. They do not tell that to their poor call centre agents, though. For some reason they seem to have NO idea, about what is happening in the company NOC. So the work case-bycase.

It takes less than 10 minutes to whip up a web page. - So how about doing this? Simply saying: We are improving ( mess up) your service tomorrow from 10 to 12, ( it certainly will be a bit longer if you are with DTAC) it's still a nice gesture.

For example TRUE : after having no net for 3 days. they dared to mention upgrades in 2012.

TOT: Then there was that ridiculous incident in Chonburi ( the built a new bridge there) and the same driver of a certain excavator managed to hit the fibre to pattaya three times

TT&T: we do not care if you have a legal dispute with Jasmine ( branded as 3bb)

and here we could go on for a while.....

The funny bit: You only get a quick response if you speak Thai. In English they stick to the script..

So, what's your beef on this?

Well this is Thailand......suppose if a Thai went to US, UK and called Orange etc speaking in Thai they wouldnt get any response. Just think how the Russians must feel

Last time, I checked, Thai was the language in Thailand, only. English instead was still the accepted 'world language'.

When does the changing happened?coffee1.gif

Occasions recently when I have had to ring True and AIS call centre the English has been very good and although they did not give me the answers I would have liked that was not their fault. I was pleasantly surprised at both.

SCB some time ago was not so good but again we got there in the end.

Maybe I have just been lucky.........whistling.gif

Internet went out recently with TOT. Called 1100, pressed 9 for English. Put in my phone number and was immediately transfeerred to a lady that spoke good English and understood the problem. She ran me through a procedure to check my connectivity (192.168.1.1) and it was dertermined that the problem was with the WAN not my equipment. Came back on later in the afternoon and she called back asking if everything was OK. It's happened before with poor results but the last two times the service was excellant. Gave up on having my wife call the local office as all we ever got was the run around.

• Like 1

The fun thing about my problem was that before my gf had called to the Thai nr and they said it was our problem had to switch of the modem and such (rubbish of course they try that in every country not just Thailand lay the blame somewhere else). When i called they did not even mention my own modem.

Call centers in thailand are really performing well(unlike local offices) all of them have english speakers and dedicated staff to solve your issues.

i work as an IT and call the different companie's call centers very often and have yet to find something wrong about them

europe has a lot to learn from thai callcenters starting by the waiting time(none most of the time) and the price for the call(2baht per call as opposed to over charged phone numbers per minute in europe).

I don't know about the call centres, but the AIS shop at Swampy has some great staff. One of them was even kind enough to point out that someon had put me on the wrong plan, deducting baht from my credit even when I was out of the country and not using it; and she fixed it for me. And that was all in English, very clear and concise she was, too.

Edited by Chicog

europe has a lot to learn from thai callcenters starting by the waiting time(none most of the time) and the price for the call(2baht per call as opposed to over charged phone numbers per minute in europe).

Why do I think, that in this case, Thailand will learn from Europe? Sooner or later.coffee1.gif

last week called TRUE for the internet speed problem. one lady spoke in very fluent English, not only the clarity and also her expression and her comfortable tone. I wondered WHO was on another side of the line !!

my worst experience was in Thailand Post Office :-( with their level of Egnlsih, I hesitated to give them my letter with an overseas address in simple English !

I have had the joy of both TRUE and 3BB. I found 3BB's English call centre completely knowledgeless, but their technicians were very good and didn't leave until they solved my problem (line coming in hit by lightning!). TRUE's English call centre were excellent, not brilliantly technical, but willing to work as a go-between for me and the technician. They set reasonable expectations and they were met. Their technicians, on the other hand, were lazy, had to be called back and were annoyed when I kept them on task (even though I had to do 90% of the work for them).

Call centers in Thailand are generally much better than in the West, where they were invented to fend off customers. Companies dont want their staff distracted by direct contact to customers.

This is especially true in the US, the birthplace of the computerized voice menu that leads you to nirvana.

In the west call center agents are lowly paid unqualified staff who cannot get any other job. They keep the customers at arms length with empty phrases.

In Thailand, Bangkok Bank is an example for this call center philosophy.

Here, however, call centers of big public companies (telecoms, banks) are usually competence centers. The staff in a DTAC shop or a SCB micro-branch will call their call center if they dont know the answer to a specific question. Call center agents are reasonably paid (English speaking staff at TRUE call center 30000 THB). It is a reputable job. Staff may have a uni degree and speak a foreign language.

Their job is to help the customer (because they are often the only ones in the company who can help the customer).

A good example is the AIS call center.

Edited by uhuh

I did try GMM Grammy's call center numerous times and never got past the recording, a live person never answered.

Simple reason:

"..........We are looking for high energetic, performance driven people to work and build strong team under innovative and friendly working environment."

Still looking for the right person! (Or didn't find them, maybe)

http://www.jobstreet...350803.htm?fr=R

Requirements:

• 3 year working experience (Having Insurance or Call Center experience will be an advantage)
  • Marketing or Management degree (Not mandatory)
  • Strong relationship and account management
  • Client presentations
  • Analytical
  • Business case report writing
  • Respected Leadership ability

Edited by noob7

TT&T is 3BB

coffee1.gif

Jasnime Internet is 3BB blink.png

Bit confusing, but they both are. 3BB's headquarters are near my house on Chaeng Wattana, they are in Jasmine Tower, yet my bill comes from 3BB and then my bank lists the company as Triple T (I nearly put "Tripe T"!) Internet. I guess there is some history here, but I don't know in what order.

TT&T is 3BB

coffee1.gif

Bit confusing, but they both are. 3BB's headquarters are near my house on Chaeng Wattana, they are in Jasmine Tower, yet my bill comes from 3BB and then my bank lists the company as Triple T (I nearly put "Tripe T"!) Internet. I guess there is some history here, but I don't know in what order.

Don't forget 3T in the history.

TT&T (To close to TOT?) > 3T>3BB

TT&T is 3BB

coffee1.gif

Don't forget 3T in the history.

TT&T (To close to TOT?) > 3T>3BB

It is a bit more complicated, if I'm not mistaken. When TT&T started the adsl price war with TOT some time back, the companys both had to issue a phone number together with an adsl line. But phone numbers where not available at that time. This must be around 2006/2007. People where paying stellar sums of money to get, or even to port a phone line. By then TT&T switched from shared lines,number pools and infrastructure(TOT). Over to a joint - venture with Jasmine ( jasmine supplied TT&T already during TOT times with gear.)named 3BB