I Was Arrested In A Restaurant.

muythai2013

3 years ago i was in one of those little side walk places, about 15 tables scattered wherever they could fit them.

The table next to me had a big thai guy with a shaved head eating with a stunning young lady, the stunner went to the counter and returned followed a few minutes later by another beautiful lady she must have been chatting to at the counter.

The lady handed the stunner a phone number, the thai guy went berserk and pounced on the girl and was sitting on her banging her head into to pavement, he had no intention of stopping so i intervened.

during the short struggle he fell onto the very busy road and a car just missed running over his head(thank god it didnt), as i turned back to the girl on the ground, the stunner hit me in the eye with a high heel shoe, it caught me on the orbital bone and i will not lie a knocked her out.

The action of hitting the girl was like stirring up a hornets nest, my 2 friends who were attending the same muay thai camp were with me and jumped in, I can hold my own but I was in over my head now and very quickly outnumbered.

we dispersed the crowd and they went up the street a little and all got on their mobiles, obviously calling for backup, they would never lose round 2 thats for sure, as i was about to hit the toe when the police pulled up and put me in the car.

They did not ask what happened, or who started it, or who hit who, just $5000 bht and you go, so i paid.

even the restaurant owner was hitting me with a bag throughout the fight and shouting no muay thai no muay thai, if not for me the woman getting her head smashed into the floor would have been killed, i have no doubt at all of that.

would i do it again yes, but be aware i have trained for 32 years, taught for over ten, but fighting here is not something i would set out to do thats for sure.

they play hard and they play real, weapons, groups, no intention of stopping, and they have heart they are not afraid when fired up, never hang around after an incident or you may wish the police would come.

by the way for those ready to jump, I dont hit woman, but when it comes to a situation where its them or you and they grab a variety of things laying around its all fair game.

• Like 1

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Three years ago, I went to the shops.

My point is as irrelevant as the one you have just made.

I will never get the time back that I used to read this nonsense.

Do you have a point ???? coffee1.gif

I will spell it out for those on the slow side,

i will spell it out as you may be a little slow, excuse me for not taking that into consideration.

my point is dont mess with the locals unless absolutly necessary, and everybody here shares stories other then where can i find a good cheese.

I could skim through you posts like a loser and find countless ones that are not at all interesting to some.

• Like 1

"so i intervened."

Your first mistake.

The second, to assume, anyone would be happy about it.

And the police didn't take you to the station?

So your payment was a simple bribery, 2.5k each officer.

It's not about muay thai, it's about the face and the outsiders (all Farang) in Thailand, not even thinking on that!

coffee1.gif

i will spell it out as you may be a little slow, excuse me for not taking that into consideration.

my point is dont mess with the locals unless absolutly necessary, and everybody here shares stories other then where can i find a good cheese.

I could skim through you posts like a loser and find countless ones that are not at all interesting to some.

Are you ex- SAS ??

When you wake up in the morning, do you go to your balcony and shout, " Freeeeeeeeeeeedom."

Are you the one in the shadows ? are you one step behind and in front of me ?

Are you Henry the mild mannered janitor ???

• Like 2

OP, maybe you should get together with the other guy that took on 10 Thais in a van. Jim

this is not a tough guy post, I know what your trying to say and its a little rude, I am not saying i can take on large numbers and i will not pretend i can.

I think your misunderstanding,

read again i was outnumbered and in trouble, luckily my friends were there.

The police did you a favour!

agree, for damages to the restaurant and certain other things i was told 5 to 8 years, i dont believe that but just avoiding the station was good enough.

I was referring to the point that the police almost certainly removed you from your execution site.

"so i intervened."

Your first mistake.

The second, to assume, anyone would be happy about it.

And the police didn't take you to the station?

So your payment was a simple bribery, 2.5k each officer.

It's not about muay thai, it's about the face and the outsiders (all Farang) in Thailand, not even thinking on that!

coffee1.gif

you are right, i agree 100%, but what i was about was helping the girl and i did, so not really a mistake.

im sure not in her eyes

Are you ex- SAS ??

When you wake up in the morning, do you go to your balcony and shout, " Freeeeeeeeeeeedom."

Are you the one in the shadows ? are you one step behind and in front of me ?

Are you Henry the mild mannered janitor ???

no, are you bored, are you really just looking for something to do because i can send you numerous pics of me at home to look at, then many in the camp, then more in the ring in several countries.

not everyone is a liar, i talk straight and your being rude for no reason at all, keep trolloing and i will report it, that simple, i dont have to listen to it and i wont.

Me i just turn green and.. i smash puny human....

Ok all jokes aside, i wonder what i would do as i usually never get into fights. But if someone is getting killed... and im sure of it. I mean would you watch someone get killed.

About hitting a woman, so far i have never done that but if one is doing damage to me and its the only way to stop her..... i might change my mind.

In general i stay out of things, but some situations its not about farang.. thai ..white black.. but about other human being who need help or things end up real bad.

• Like 2

The police did you a favour!

agree, for damages to the restaurant and certain other things i was told 5 to 8 years, i dont believe that but just avoiding the station was good enough.

I was referring to the point that the police almost certainly removed you from your execution site.

oh absolutely, i was leaving believe me, first thing they tell us at camp.

Ok all jokes aside, i wonder what i would do as i usually never get into fights. But if someone is getting killed... and im sure of it. I mean would you watch someone get killed.

About hitting a woman, so far i have never done that but if one is doing damage to me and its the only way to stop her..... i might change my mind.

In general i stay out of things, but some situations its not about farang.. thai ..white black.. but about other human being who need help or things end up real bad.

wow im shocked, a real reply by someone that thought about the post, someone with a brain, me to robblok, i hate fighting with a passion, just because i teach it does not mean i like engaging in it.

its pointless, im a very quiet family man.

Edited by muythai2013

but some situations its not about farang.. thai ..white black.. but about other human being who need help or things end up real bad.

In this 'Land of free', they hold together against outsiders. For sure, the normal ('educated') people do.

You will only change the target, the amount of people being involved. But it will end up bad, anyway.

Everything like this in public areas is for Farang / non Thai dangerous! No Thai will ask, why, they will act, because!

Because a unknown Farang beats up a Thai!coffee1.gif

wow im shocked, a real reply by someone that thought about the post, someone with a brain, me to robblok, i hate fighting with a passion, just because i teach it does not mean i like engaging in it.

I hate fighting too, don't like aggression and try to avoid it at all cost. But im not sure i could watch someone getting killed. Ok ill be honest i probably would not intervene if it means i would be dead too. But if i thought there was a good chance it would be ok yes i would help. I am no coward, but i also have no death-wish. Last time i was in a fight must have been 20 years ago. (not including fights with brother for fun)

• Like 2

but some situations its not about farang.. thai ..white black.. but about other human being who need help or things end up real bad.

In this 'Land of free', they hold together against outsiders. For sure, the normal ('educated') people do.

You will only change the target, the amount of people being involved. But it will end up bad, anyway.

Everything like this in public areas is for Farang / non Thai dangerous! No Thai will ask, why, they will act, because!

Because a unknown Farang beats up a Thai!coffee1.gif

to true, they dont wait to see who is right or wrong, they see 3 farang fighting with a group of thai, a few thai were hurt quite a bit.

there reaction is drunken farang sex tourist make trouble again, not quiet family men who dont drink are helping a thai again.

. But if i thought there was a good chance it would be ok yes i would help.

You don't know, how many rats find the way out of there holes!

How do you calculate your chances?

I would not know right now, and i can't predict it i have never been in this situation and hope to never get in a situation like that. I'm not looking for trouble and its not like i think about all kind of scenarios all the time and see how i would act.

So i can't give you an answer to that one.

I hate fighting too, don't like aggression and try to avoid it at all cost. But im not sure i could watch someone getting killed. Ok ill be honest i probably would not intervene if it means i would be dead too. But if i thought there was a good chance it would be ok yes i would help. I am no coward, but i also have no death-wish. Last time i was in a fight must have been 20 years ago. (not including fights with brother for fun)

it is dangerous, i was assaulted in Australia by 3 men, I am now retired from fightin as i sufferd severe head injuries, i was in hospital with numerous skull fractures, a blood clot on my brain and i dropped ten kg.

could not tast food or smell food for a year, they smacked the taste from my mouth.

Edited by muythai2013

every fight has numerous potential risks during and after

In general i rather swallow my pride then to get into a fight, its just not worth it for me. But standing by while some gets killed (if your sure) that is an other thing.

to true, they dont wait to see who is right or wrong, they see 3 farang fighting with a group of thai, a few thai were hurt quite a bit.

there reaction is drunken farang sex tourist make trouble again, not quiet family men who dont drink are helping a thai again.

Nope, wrong!

There reaction is: Farang, fighting muay thay style? And winning?

That can't be!

Face is so important, in a country, that never got colonized.

A country, that made a 'deal' with the Japanes, to keep it that way, after a couple of days active (and going to lose) war.

A country, that changed the name b/c of these from 'SIAM' to 'Land of free' (Thailand)

National pride is the reason for a lot of things.

And after that maybe "And because of you have money, I can't get a nice gf."

Edited by noob7

every fight has numerous potential risks during and after

In general i rather swallow my pride then to get into a fight, its just not worth it for me. But standing by while some gets killed (if your sure) that is an other thing.

when the guy fell on the road the car missed his head by inches, imagine things would have been a little different if he got hit.

cant tell you what i was thinking during those few seconds but i nearly grew a tail.

OP can't say if what you say is true or not, but some things just don't add up.

I worked most of my life in various law enforcement type jobs.

Guys on top of the girl on the ground, take it you are fit, strong and trained. So why did you not just come up on the guy from behind, put anyone of a dozen arm locks, goose necks on him and put him face down on the ground, no need for a struggle.

Then you say, you and 2 friends were able to disperse the crowd, how exactly did you achieve this. Knock so many unconscious that the other retreated in fear, or maybe mean words.

Live here and that's not how Thai crowds work, if things get rough more and more Thais come.

I may very well be wrong, or there is much more to the story. Jim

Nope, wrong!

That can't be!

A country, that made a 'deal' with the Japanes, to keep it that way, after a couple of days active (and going to lose) war.

A country, that changed the name b/c of these from 'SIAM' to 'Land of free' (Thailand)

maybe, i have one fights in thai stadiums and been given much respect by the locals, but they are muay thai fan so may be different.

Nope, wrong!

That can't be!

maybe, i have one fights in thai stadiums and been given much respect by the locals, but they are muay thai fan so may be different.

Mixing stadium fights with road fights?

Another mistake, methinks.

On the road, no one knows you, no one respects you.

As less, as more you are be able to kick asses.

It's only rage, they have to tun the page! (Again, normal (educated) people!)

If someone would know you, from the stadium maybe, and would be a respected Thai in that area, he could stop interaction of others with some simple sayings.

Then it would be your fight, with the people you've chosen to fight.

But don't expect, that it will happen everytime.

Thai rak Thai!