Need Natural Remedies For: Cough, Wheezing, Achy Body

Wrong Turn

Over the years I've read the "Health, Body, and Medicine" section a lot. It's been very helpful.

I have a typical Winter problem in the colder parts that has happened every Dec or Jan or Feb for the last 5-6.

Here are the symptoms:

1. Thicker breathing. Like a mini-wheez. If I lay horizontal (to sleep) the wheezing keeps me from sleeping. I have tried to sleep sitting up.

2. A cough that develops slowly over a couple days but become so deep that my throat ends up hurting.

3. Achy body

4. Low energy, and I probably am over sleeping.

It started creeping up over the last 2 days and now it' official day 1.

This almost always last 10 fulls days.

I don't want anti-biotics and don't think I need it.

The only thing I've taken is Asthalin [sic?], which is an over-the-counter inhaler. It has worked temporarily for about 10-25 minutes.

Question and looking for advice:

What natural remedies can I take?

Any steaming of any natural things to clear out my lungs?

Many thanks in advance to anyone that chooses to help.

-WT

It sounds like a "Reactive Airways" problem in response to an allergic stimulus. Seasonal may mean it is something in the environment and probably plant/pollen related.

It may be useful to combine the inhalant with an antihistamine or even use a steroid based inhaler in combination.

Inhaling steam is very useful and can combine that with an aromatherapy solution. Any inflammation in the airways (the narrowing causes the wheezing) disrupts the normal mucous production and steaming aids this; prevents thick secretions getting stuck in the airways and become infected.

• Like 1

It sounds like a "Reactive Airways" problem in response to an allergic stimulus. Seasonal may mean it is something in the environment and probably plant/pollen related.

I'm in north Vietnam now. This has happened every Dec or Jan or Feb for the last 5-6 years.

It may be useful to combine the inhalant with an antihistamine or even use a steroid based inhaler in combination.

Thank you.

Inhaling steam is very useful and can combine that with an aromatherapy solution. Any inflammation in the airways (the narrowing causes the wheezing) disrupts the normal mucous production and steaming aids this; prevents thick secretions getting stuck in the airways and become infected.

Thanks.

So, I can two 2 things for steam, I think.

1. Take a very hot shower which causes my my shower stall/bathroom to get very steamy.

2. boil water in my pot and breathe the steam in and out.

Bot are good? I assume using the hot shower technique means more steam and longer time.

I still have an achy body and feel tired.

Thanks, FBN.

Unfortunately the 2 steam options you mentioned above will not do the trick. Hot showers not always useful as it may increase body temp to an uncomfortable level before you had enough steam. Boiling pots are OK for kids but an adult needs substantially more over a longer period of time. May be worthwhile investing in a "facial sauna" as used by some beauty therapists for skin pore treatment or a conventional steam room in a gym. Being a "natural" remedy, it takes patience and persistance but it will work.

• Like 1

Unfortunately the 2 steam options you mentioned above will not do the trick. Hot showers not always useful as it may increase body temp to an uncomfortable level before you had enough steam. Boiling pots are OK for kids but an adult needs substantially more over a longer period of time. May be worthwhile investing in a "facial sauna" as used by some beauty therapists for skin pore treatment or a conventional steam room in a gym. Being a "natural" remedy, it takes patience and persistance but it will work.

Thanks you, FBN.

Steam room sounds like a suitable option.

Question and looking for advice:

What natural remedies can I take?

Bai-Ya-Nang Juice

My gf (Noi) has been making two all natural Thai Herb Juices for a while now that have helped a lot of people. She has been making Bai-Ya-Nang juice for +3 years and Khow Tong for +1 year. I would suggest you look into the health benefits of the Bai-Ya-Nang leaf (also called Bai-Yanang or Tiliacora triandra). From my observations Noi's Bai-Ya-Nang juice seems to positively affect a variety of health issues for people. My guess it is a combo of the general health benefits of fresh chlorophyll plus the special minerals in this leaf that assist the body in coming back into a more normal balance. I am not a doctor but strongly believe the body will heal itself if given the opportunity to do so, otherwise you (generic you) are only treating symptoms which will continually reoccur.

The Bai-Ya-Nang plant grows in most of SE Asia including Vietnam (ask around). There is more information/reading on her Thai/Eng website (google "noi bai ya nang chiang mai") if you want to dig into it further. Her product is only availabe locally in Chiang Mai because the shelf life is just a few days (all natural no preservatives so it has to be refrigerated) but she shows how to make it.

I also am a believer in natural Chinese medicine and there is an abundance of practitioners in every country around the world. Generally speaking they are very inexpensive to visit as are the prices for their herbal remedies. They are known to treat the underlying cause and not just symptoms.

Doug

• Like 1