Clouds

Kan Win

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

International spacestation.

Specifications please :)

What time this was taken, I can only assume just after the sunset or before the sunrise. Time and aperture?

ah ! .... ACDsee.... my old neighbours in Victoria B.C.... (they now like to make people think they are an American company! facepalm.gif )

I used to do program testing for them.... on PC's but they still at least last I looked not got their Mac Version sorted... so gave up on them!

Movin on!

Fluffy clouds at sunset lost night!

IMG_7090.jpg

f8, 30 secs, ISO 400, the original is brighter on 1 side and the sky looks blue due to the light pollution from the city.

If you ever fancy having a go this site will tell you times and directions http://spotthestation.nasa.gov/sightings/#.U_IIR2cg_cc

This sight will tell you the magnitude (brightness) http://www.heavens-above.com/PassSummary.aspx?satid=25544

You just need to enter your location.

Sometimes you wont have a sighting for 2 months others they will be 3 or more a day, it takes roughly I think 75 mins to circle the earth but it flies in a sine wave pattern.

This is the view from my home. Koh Yao Yai is in the front where the weird green light originates from. I have seen the lights every now and then, but for the last two nights it's been well visible for the naked eye. Distance is about 10km. On the right with plenty of lights is Ao Por grand marina as well as a resort on the next island Koh Naka.

Could it be street lights reflected from the concrete road and then the light is scattered through the trees?

P8180003.JPG

Archived