Retirement Visa Renewal 6 Days Late?

Unfortunately I transferred the 800,000BT a few days late and it will not be seasoned for the full 90 days when my VISA expires, March 13. The funds will have seasoned the proper 90 days if I wait until March 18.

Is it possible to renew the retirement extension several days late?

I would guess no. Once it's expired, there isn't anything to extend.

You could go talk to immigration and ask the question.

If they say no. ask about getting a 7 day extension. Normally they would want to see a ticket out of the country within those 7 days, but if you explain the situation they might allow it.

I think the 7 day extension starts the day you get it, so you might want to ask that question as well so you don't get it too early.

Terry

If you also have an income you could use the combined option of income and money in the bank. in that case no seasoning of the money is required.The 7 day extension might be the next best solution.

Normally a few days late is not a problem for getting an extension, but you will be fined for the overstay at 500 baht a day. The 7 day extension is cheaper and keeps you legal.

Ask to see the Officer in the room at the back. He should be able to advise and decide. I had a similar situation recently and he told the officers on the second row to process my application. But do not go too early for your extension, wait until about a week before expiry. Make sure you have all the necessary document/copies (e.g. bank statement, bank book, etc.).

Oops, I did mine at the Phuket Immigration office.

Edited by Kopitiam