Who Left 100,000 Baht In A Cab This Morning?

billp

Bangkok police say the honest driver of an orange-yellow cab turned in the equivalent of 100,000 baht in US dollars and Burmese kyat, which he said a passenger had left in his taxi this morning (Jan. 22). The driver, identified as Soodjai Chaihabutr, said he picked up a 50 to 60 year old caucasian man at Sukhumvit Soi 31 from 07:00 to 08:00 and drove him to the airport. Only later did Soodjai discover the yellow bag with the money in the back of his cab. He returned to the airport but was unable to locate the forgetful passenger.

If anyone knows who that passenger may be, tell him to call the police at 1644.

Source: http://khaosodenglis...-x-none_22.html

What a breath of fresh air after so much negativity about Thais. Unfortunately, the owner of the money is probably on a plane somewhere and won't know how to get it back. And, he will probably figure someone just pocketed it.

So the honest taxi driver gives it to the honest police. 80/20 in favour of the coppers id imagine. Job done.

And your sure you seen him walk through international departures says the copper.

Have a nice day out there.

Hope the taxi man gets a reward for being a decent chap if all is black and white here

I hope the true owner of the money is re-united with his cash, but I also hope his has the decency to publically thank the taxi driver and give him a reward. After all the taxi drive could have took the money home hidden it fro 6 months or so and then spent it slowly and no one would have known.

If I was the taxi driver, I can assure you, you would pay for your stupidity with 100% of the cash.