Australian Arrested On Phuket For Shooting German Tourists

webfact

With all the crime going on there there must definitely be something in the water.

Noooooooo, they come from all over cos they think the BiB is useless in LOS. huh.png hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...smile.png

They don't come because they THINK the BiB are "useless" - they come here because they KNOW the BiB can be "bought" here.

Maybe the Russian mafia there can act as a deterrent to the biker gangs ???? clap2.gif

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aussies miss target, shoot Phuket tourists

Tanyaluk Sakoot

1358913364_1.jpg

In handcuffs, one of the two Australians is questioned after his arrest.

PHUKET: -- Two Australians angry with a Danish man who had not repaid money he had borrowed from them, shot at him last night.

They missed, hitting instead two German tourists passing by on Soi Sansabai in Patong.

Joseph Woerner and Johann Baschegger were hit, one in the arm and the other in the shoulder. They were taken to Patong hospital for treatment.

An hour later police arrested the two Australians, whom they named as Adam Lewis and John Cohw [sic]. The latter owns a tattoo shop in Patong and is accused of firing the gun. A Ruger .45 pistol was seized.

The two told police that the Dane had borrowed B380,000 from them. He had not paid any back and, with interest, he now owed them B1 million.

The Danish debtor has not been found, and is believed to be in hiding.

The two Australians are in custody and undergoing further questioning. Cohw was initially charged with attempted murder and with having a gun in a public place.

Source: http://www.thephuket...rists-36550.php

-- The Phuket News 2013-01-23

footer_n.gif

He must be new to the business of debt collecting, considering he still wears 100 baht red bull singlets and too stupid to cover up the tattoos as an identifying marks

Tanyaluk Sakoot

1358913364_1.jpg

PHUKET: -- Two Australians angry with a Danish man who had not repaid money he had borrowed from them, shot at him last night.

They missed, hitting instead two German tourists passing by on Soi Sansabai in Patong.

Joseph Woerner and Johann Baschegger were hit, one in the arm and the other in the shoulder. They were taken to Patong hospital for treatment.

An hour later police arrested the two Australians, whom they named as Adam Lewis and John Cohw [sic]. The latter owns a tattoo shop in Patong and is accused of firing the gun. A Ruger .45 pistol was seized.

The two told police that the Dane had borrowed B380,000 from them. He had not paid any back and, with interest, he now owed them B1 million.

The two Australians are in custody and undergoing further questioning. Cohw was initially charged with attempted murder and with having a gun in a public place.

footer_n.gif

O'll c'mon cobber that's the biggest envelope I could get at 7/11 and it's all there mate.

Let's hope they do their time and are then deported, might be a ''little'' safer for folk. thumbsup.gif

Lets hope they do their time in Thai jail

Aussie jails are too good for them biggrin.png

Yea deport them back to mother England.thumbsup.gif

Let me guess you are from neither country?.

What i find most interesting is the general lack of indignation on this thread, over this incident, as opposed to the ire apparent on the thread i was just reading where a thai accideintally shot a bystander at the full moon.

Nobody in this thread has been shot DEAD.

Well not yet, but it's only 4 pm.

Thank heaven it was not a Thai shooting the tourists....Not sure Phuket can withstand any more bad news......

Missed shots times two ??? Strange........

Not so strange, Australians do not have the same access to guns Americans have; thus must not be as proficient

• Like 1

Thank heaven it was not a Thai shooting the tourists....Not sure Phuket can withstand any more bad news......

Not so strange, Australians do not have the same access to guns Americans have; thus must not be as proficient

have not you heard he was an ex SASwink.png

If the guy was a sasman the defaulter would be history and the Germans would still be on holiday. coffee1.gif

Or the Danish guy was so terrifying to the Aussie shooter that his gun hand was shaking while he was shooting.

Or the Aussie guy was drunk.....cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif Oh wait I should take back that generalization, which makes about

as much sense as you saying saying all Americans are expert sharpshooters.....

Edited by EyesWideOpen

If the guy was a sasman the defaulter would be history and the Germans would still be on holiday. coffee1.gif

yes but he was a newly created SAS, received the training from one of the local bars, common have you not met any yet?

i have already even met 1 who owns my hotel here in Thailand( i guess someone forgot to inform me of my hotel being sold :)) and few years ago met one who apparently ran my businesses back home

• Like 2

Let's hope they do their time and are then deported, might be a ''little'' safer for folk. thumbsup.gif

Lets hope they do their time in Thai jail

Aussie jails are too good for them biggrin.png

Yea deport them back to mother England.thumbsup.gif

Let me guess you are from neither country?.

The esky's loaded the utes topped and I'm waltzing. eeeee'back blue.

Tanyaluk Sakoot

1358913364_1.jpg

footer_n.gif

A few thoughts. There appears to be a inverse correlation between the number of tattoos and IQ after seeing his photo.

Regarding the amount owed, am a bit surprised to see the loan amount of 380,000 baht zoom up to one million baht.

Man I need to get into the loan business. And who in their right mind would loan money to ANYONE here without having

seizable assets to protect the loan...

Also nice to see the guy had a real gun, a Ruger. Some of the guns the vicious Thai gang bangers on scooters carry look like they would be scary to shoot. Anyway this is bad debt collection, popping off a few rounds in the general direction of the debtor and hitting bystanders. I have a friend who used to collect bad debts for the Hells Angeles. He said he would meet the guy , and immediately break his arm. As the guy is laying on the ground screaming, my friend informed him that unless the debt was paid he would then come back and REALLY hurt him. He said everyone paid........

If the debt collectors in Phuket adapted the same concept it would cut down on tourists being shot. whistling.gif

Your mate still in business? I've a bloke in the UK who's owed me £40k since 2008.

On behalf of my forefathers I'd like to apologies for sending these lowlifes to Australia.smile.png

The guy with the tattoos looks like a peace loving citizen.....now he's in chains.

Let's see ya buy yer way out of that cobber...........with luck they will find out the Thai firing squad don't miss

Col Chiraphat expressed his concern about how detrimental such an incident could be to Phuket’s vital tourism industry.

“The suspects opened up fire in the middle of a dense tourism area and injured two innocent people. They have seriously tarnished Thailand’s reputation and must face the highest penalties under the law,” Col Chiraphat said.

The country's reputation of being a Paradise for sharp shooters and their straying bullets,with the possibility to built a house and never own it, or move in, because you decide to base jump without a parachute?--w00t.gif

Edited by sirchai
  • Like 1

The damage here is really bad publicity. The image of bullets flying around Soi Bangla is not a good one.

However no one died, so I suspect that money will be paid ( not to the guys with bullets in them), and

the whole thing will gently fade away. One of the beauties of having endless shootings , is that a new shooting

next week sort of makes old shooting stories die a slow death.clap2.gif

Edited by EyesWideOpen

Freddy Krugger Tattoo, real bright bulb this one.

Immortalize a psychotic killer movie icon into your own flesh?

That's a truly lost soul. Not surprised with his obvious love

of violent imagery that he has violent actions too.

Seems to be a ''frightening'' tactic by the low IQ folk, but sure the guys chums are laugh.png now.