Australian Arrested On Phuket For Shooting German Tourists

webfact

What i find most interesting is the general lack of indignation on this thread, over this incident, as opposed to the ire apparent on the thread i was just reading where a thai accideintally shot a bystander at the full moon.

Nobody in this thread has been shot DEAD.

THAT would really make me indignant!

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally know 1 of the alleged shooters and I have always known him to be a decent sensible guy. I have no idea what has happened and from the reports I am reading neither do many people including the media and police. I love watching the ensuing speculation, twisted explanations and general tripe start to emerge from forum members that is par for the course when something is posted on here about Phuket. Quality entertainment.clap2.gif

So this decent sensible guy had an off day?. Decent sensible guys don't go shooting people in Thailand.

Where did you study for your psychology degree?

Well if you think normal decent guys go shooting people perhaps it isn't a psychology degree needed, just a psychiatrist.

I said I have known him to be a decent sensible guy. That's the truth. I'm sure that people who have committed crimes in the past have been known to be decent sensible people too. One doesn't need a psychology degree to understand that. I don't condone anyone committing violence against anyone other than inside a boxing ring or in self defence. A psychiatrist maybe needed, but not by me.

Where did you study for your psychology degree?

It's nice to see you have noticed my obvious credentials in spotting a tool.

I've noticed your obvious credentials in forum trolling and flaming.That's about it.

You say one shooter was a sensible guy, I find that hard to believe so you call me a troll?.

Five years on Thai visa and that's the first time I have been called a troll, I think I might cry sad.png

What is so hard to believe? That this guy who has always been ok and been a decent person and a mate to me? You are quick to criticize and form your opinion on my view of a person and my personal experience with someone I call a mate but you cant handle being called a flamer or a troll? Are you that precious?

Do they come from Doveton or Frankston or maybe even Broadmedows in Australia, Just asking! Total F@#$kwits put them in jail and throw away the key! sad.pngbah.gif

Werribee

Hey, don't leave us Brisbane lads out of if. How about the bogans from Logan.

Yea definately Queenslanders by the looks of them.
  • Like 1

I said I have known him to be a decent sensible guy. That's the truth. I'm sure that people who have committed crimes in the past have been known to be decent sensible people too. One doesn't need a psychology degree to understand that. I don't condone anyone committing violence against anyone other than inside a boxing ring or in self defence. A psychiatrist maybe needed, but not by me.

I don't think decent people shoot others. But that's just me.

If you think decent people shoot others then that is a matter for you.

I could understand if you said he SEEMED a decent person and never thought he would do such a thing.

I could understand if you said he SEEMED a decent person and never thought he would do such a thing.

Seemed / Known him to be. <deleted> is the difference?

Do they come from Doveton or Frankston or maybe even Broadmedows in Australia, Just asking! Total F@#$kwits put them in jail and throw away the key! sad.pngbah.gif

Just watched this on the Australian news (headline story) They say both have been charged with attempted murder which carries a 20 yr sentence but if they plead guilty it can be cut to 10 yrs. Then they also stated that the police can broker a settlement with the victims for compensation and charges can be dropped if all parties agree. I kid you not they mentioned that on the television news.

The payout may be the best the Germans can get. If one is a long term visitor then he is at risk of being harassed and intimidated by the shooter's cronies. The elederly victim, may just be so traumatized that he has neither the inclination nor the desire to see a long drawn out trial through to the end.

In any case, as much as some might describe these thugs as "nice boys", the fact remains that they shotinnocent people in a public place. If they were bold enough to do this, then it suggests they have been carrying on their violence for quite some time and not been caught. It is time, they were given a lesson so that they will not carry firearms with the intent of killing people.

BTW, if the shooter was such a nice guy, why was he carrying a firearm, a firearm that he was not legally allowed to possess? The illegal possession of a firearm in this case demonstrates the intent to engage in criminal activity, so while the chap may be polite enough with some people, he is still a dangerous, violent offender.

The difference is that you KNOW him to be decent means you still consider him decent.

SEEMED to be decent means you thought he was, until he did this.

English lesson over.

The difference is that you KNOW him to be decent means you still consider him decent.

SEEMED to be decent means you thought he was, until he did this.

English lesson over.

Read the original post. I said I have always KNOWN him to be, Not I know him to be. Learn your tenses before you start teaching English. I'll stand by what I said too. If he had of been a maniacal madman who made threats, showed any sign of aggression or been any different to me, maybe I would have posted otherwise. Like a lot of Australians and residents of Phuket who do choose to live there, I have met and become friends with the person in question and found him to be ok in the past. Shooting people isn't something I condone. My original post was pointing at the way this forum entertains me with everyone's twisted opinions and personal attacks and insults. True to it's form, The entertainment continues.

I thought all people where decent until proved otherwise.Other wise you are simply stereotyping for the sake of it.

I to have known people that have always been civil, fine, friendly even good neighbours. Then down the track turned to be criminals or have a moment of madness and cause harm.

It doesn't change how they acted towards me preceding there actions,nor does it change how they should pay for there actions afterwards.

Not all criminals act like they are criminals, the same way that not all Tattoo sporting Aussies are criminals to start with.

Why attack Jinmar for being honest about how he found the guy before they where exposed as being violent or desperate criminals.It's not his fault they chose this route or his fault he found them to be civil to start with.

• Like 1

I personally know 1 of the alleged shooters and I have always known him to be a decent sensible guy. I have no idea what has happened and from the reports I am reading neither do many people including the media and police. I love watching the ensuing speculation, twisted explanations and general tripe start to emerge from forum members that is par for the course when something is posted on here about Phuket. Quality entertainment.clap2.gif

Well look at his opening post.

He knows one of them and knows him to be a decent sensible guy.

Well he knew wrong didn't he.

The remainder of his post goes on about how we are all just entertainment value because he knows the guy to be decent.

Well he isn't is he.

It is obvious he is defending the guy, of course without him also knowing the facts.

If he had said I knew him to be decent but didn't realise he was a lunatic then that would have been different.

Edited by FDog

You say one shooter was a sensible guy, I find that hard to believe so you call me a troll?.

Five years on Thai visa and that's the first time I have been called a troll, I think I might cry sad.png

What is so hard to believe? That this guy who has always been ok and been a decent person and a mate to me? You are quick to criticize and form your opinion on my view of a person and my personal experience with someone I call a mate but you cant handle being called a flamer or a troll? Are you that precious?

Not precious at all, I wasn't really crying

:)

Maybe you are not a very good judge of character, to say he is a decent sensible guy. People that go around shooting people are not usually decent sensible people.

Lets see what bail they come up with for this guy? 130,000 THB for overstay and alleged theft of a camera in Rayon, an initial 200,000 THB for possession of unauthorized possession of a firearm and accidentally shooting and killing a person in Bangkok, later raised to 500,000 THB on the grounds that the shooting was intentional.

Based on these figures he should get away with 250,000 THB bail.

Well look at his opening post.

He knows one of them and knows him to be a decent sensible guy.

Well he knew wrong didn't he.

The remainder of his post goes on about how we are all just entertainment value because he knows the guy to be decent.

Well he isn't is he.

It is obvious he is defending the guy, of course without him also knowing the facts.

If he had said I knew him to be decent but didn't realise he was a lunatic then that would have been different.

you are misquoting me. I said I have always known him to be. Not "I know him to be". And (past tense) he was decent and sensible. Also, you are not entertainment to me because he is decent, you are entertaining because of the way people on this forum post their twisted views and pass judgement on not only the subject of the thread, but any poster they disagree with or feel like arguing with. I would never defend the actions of a perpetrator of a shooting or any violent act. I would not pass judgement on someone with out knowing the facts either. It's obvious that a lot of people on here actually must know the facts...mustn't they?

Not precious at all, I wasn't really crying

smile.png

Maybe you are not a very good judge of character, to say he is a decent sensible guy. People that go around shooting people are not usually decent sensible people.

Maybe i am not a very good judge of Character. Let me point out AGAIN that I said I have always known him to be decent and sensible. When I know all the facts I will form my own opinion about how I feel about him then.smile.png

Aussies miss target, shoot Phuket tourists

Tanyaluk Sakoot

1358913364_1.jpg

In handcuffs, one of the two Australians is questioned after his arrest.

PHUKET: -- Two Australians angry with a Danish man who had not repaid money he had borrowed from them, shot at him last night.

They missed, hitting instead two German tourists passing by on Soi Sansabai in Patong.

Joseph Woerner and Johann Baschegger were hit, one in the arm and the other in the shoulder. They were taken to Patong hospital for treatment.

An hour later police arrested the two Australians, whom they named as Adam Lewis and John Cohw [sic]. The latter owns a tattoo shop in Patong and is accused of firing the gun. A Ruger .45 pistol was seized.

The two told police that the Dane had borrowed B380,000 from them. He had not paid any back and, with interest, he now owed them B1 million.

The Danish debtor has not been found, and is believed to be in hiding.

The two Australians are in custody and undergoing further questioning. Cohw was initially charged with attempted murder and with having a gun in a public place.

Source: http://www.thephuket...rists-36550.php

-- The Phuket News 2013-01-23

footer_n.gif

A few thoughts. There appears to be a inverse correlation between the number of tattoos and IQ after seeing his photo.

Regarding the amount owed, am a bit surprised to see the loan amount of 380,000 baht zoom up to one million baht.

Man I need to get into the loan business. And who in their right mind would loan money to ANYONE here without having

seizable assets to protect the loan...

Also nice to see the guy had a real gun, a Ruger. Some of the guns the vicious Thai gang bangers on scooters carry look like they would be scary to shoot. Anyway this is bad debt collection, popping off a few rounds in the general direction of the debtor and hitting bystanders. I have a friend who used to collect bad debts for the Hells Angeles. He said he would meet the guy , and immediately break his arm. As the guy is laying on the ground screaming, my friend informed him that unless the debt was paid he would then come back and REALLY hurt him. He said everyone paid........

If the debt collectors in Phuket adapted the same concept it would cut down on tourists being shot. whistling.gif

Yea, but if he broke the wrong arm, he wouldn't be able to sign a withdrawal slip - would he?
  • Like 1

It means that these two Australian thugs are potential murderers.

They should be taken out of society, as no one is safe with these maniacs around.

Yeah, banish them to a remote continent, I say. :rolleyes:

Sort of like a penal colony you mean?

Not so sure - won't they start drinking and become unruly?

• Like 2

Aussies miss target, shoot Phuket tourists

Tanyaluk Sakoot

1358913364_1.jpg

In handcuffs, one of the two Australians is questioned after his arrest.

PHUKET: -- Two Australians angry with a Danish man who had not repaid money he had borrowed from them, shot at him last night.

They missed, hitting instead two German tourists passing by on Soi Sansabai in Patong.

Joseph Woerner and Johann Baschegger were hit, one in the arm and the other in the shoulder. They were taken to Patong hospital for treatment.

An hour later police arrested the two Australians, whom they named as Adam Lewis and John Cohw [sic]. The latter owns a tattoo shop in Patong and is accused of firing the gun. A Ruger .45 pistol was seized.

The two told police that the Dane had borrowed B380,000 from them. He had not paid any back and, with interest, he now owed them B1 million.

The Danish debtor has not been found, and is believed to be in hiding.

The two Australians are in custody and undergoing further questioning. Cohw was initially charged with attempted murder and with having a gun in a public place.

Source: http://www.thephuket...rists-36550.php

-- The Phuket News 2013-01-23

footer_n.gif

A few thoughts. There appears to be a inverse correlation between the number of tattoos and IQ after seeing his photo.

Regarding the amount owed, am a bit surprised to see the loan amount of 380,000 baht zoom up to one million baht.

Man I need to get into the loan business. And who in their right mind would loan money to ANYONE here without having

seizable assets to protect the loan...

Also nice to see the guy had a real gun, a Ruger. Some of the guns the vicious Thai gang bangers on scooters carry look like they would be scary to shoot. Anyway this is bad debt collection, popping off a few rounds in the general direction of the debtor and hitting bystanders. I have a friend who used to collect bad debts for the Hells Angeles. He said he would meet the guy , and immediately break his arm. As the guy is laying on the ground screaming, my friend informed him that unless the debt was paid he would then come back and REALLY hurt him. He said everyone paid........

If the debt collectors in Phuket adapted the same concept it would cut down on tourists being shot. whistling.gif

Yea, but if he broke the wrong arm, he wouldn't be able to sign a withdrawal slip - would he?

Hahaha good point..... I met him in Thailand a few years ago and did not know his background. The topic of the Hells Angels came up, and

I blithely said they are nothing more then a drug distribution ring with nice bikes. He rolled up his sleeve and showed me a Hells Angels tattoo

with an out date inked on it. I saw my life flash in front of my eyes until he started laughing.......cheesy.gif Nicest guy in the world until you crossed

him, not sure if that applies to these guys as well.