Australian Arrested On Phuket For Shooting German Tourists

webfact

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shooting Germans! Is that illegal???cheesy.gif Just joking, please don't assassinate me. No pun intended!

Seems the crime in Phuket now is not unique to the Thais any more. Is it jut me or is that island slowly imploding?

cheesy.gif was legal a few years back. ok bad taste and just kidding. Edited by chooka
  • Like 1

“The suspects opened up fire in the middle of a dense tourism area and injured two innocent people. They have seriously tarnished Thailand’s reputation and must face the highest penalties under the law,” Col Chiraphat said.

So let me get this straight......In Ko Pha Ngan a Thai national shoots and kills a tourist with a stray bullet, and not much seems to be

happening regarding punishment. Here in essence the exact same thing happens, with a farang shooter, but the stray bullets only wounds the bystanders. And now the Thai police there are thundering on about the highest penalties ?? Strange.......

Will be interesting to see how the biker gangs stack up against the Russian mafia now in Phuket... :-)

Thailand slowly revealing itself.

It will be a difficult and harsh truth for many to deal with.

I am very very thankful it was not a Thai doing the shooting. I am ticked off that a 71 year old man got shot. If it was a member of the banditos then there needs to be a crackdown because organize biker gangs will spread like a cancer if not put into check immediately.

Bandidos have been in Thailand for a while, met a US member in Pattaya in 2003 who was later arrested by RTP; cannot remember why. Below is an article talking about Danish members in Thailand, maybe a connection with the OP?

http://www.icenews.i...up-in-thailand/

Yeah, I had heard "rumors" of biker gang presence. Some reports it was just the "support clubs" for wannabe hangers on. If it is a full patched member, and they are committing crimes then its a game changers. It goes from simply being present to actively bringing in crime. Once they're fully established, it's very difficult to get rid of them as both United states and australian authorities know.

Same as all over Europe mate... Here they been a long time already, both on Phuket and Pattaya... sick.gif

• Like 1

The same guy would probably sit next to you in a bar and tell you how accurate he was when he sniped xx number of the enemy in Afghanistan.

Do you have any idea of the difference between a snipers rifle and a handgun ?

One is bigger,or?

• Like 1

Aussies miss target, shoot Phuket tourists

Tanyaluk Sakoot

1358913364_1.jpg

In handcuffs, one of the two Australians is questioned after his arrest.

PHUKET: -- Two Australians angry with a Danish man who had not repaid money he had borrowed from them, shot at him last night.

They missed, hitting instead two German tourists passing by on Soi Sansabai in Patong.

Joseph Woerner and Johann Baschegger were hit, one in the arm and the other in the shoulder. They were taken to Patong hospital for treatment.

An hour later police arrested the two Australians, whom they named as Adam Lewis and John Cohw [sic]. The latter owns a tattoo shop in Patong and is accused of firing the gun. A Ruger .45 pistol was seized.

The two told police that the Dane had borrowed B380,000 from them. He had not paid any back and, with interest, he now owed them B1 million.

The Danish debtor has not been found, and is believed to be in hiding.

The two Australians are in custody and undergoing further questioning. Cohw was initially charged with attempted murder and with having a gun in a public place.

Source: http://www.thephuket...rists-36550.php

-- The Phuket News 2013-01-23

footer_n.gif

Notice the Red Bull 'T' shirt.............he'll probably get off now ! whistling.gif

• Like 1

Bandidos has had a stronghold in Patong for many years now, and are very visable during the Phuket Beek Week.

Used to see a lot of Hells Angels walking around in Pattaya in the past, but seems to have diminished in numbers recently?

Plahgat

As always, there is probably more to the story than we know.

But, what is it about this Island? It surely seems to do strange things to people. Since when do you shoot someone for 380K Baht? Even with some reaonable interest added to it, it is simply not worth killing over.

This is one of the worst written articles I have read. Millions of questions unanswered and it sounds like its saying he made "a bit of a faux paux," like it was some little accident.

According to the vague facts available, it sounds like attempted murder, and he shot the wrong people. Serious business.

The same guy would probably sit next to you in a bar and tell you how accurate he was when he sniped xx number of the enemy in Afghanistan.

Do you have any idea of the difference between a snipers rifle and a handgun ?

\

Yeah, the rifle makes a really big bang.

• Like 1

Aussies miss target, shoot Phuket tourists

Tanyaluk Sakoot

1358913364_1.jpg

In handcuffs, one of the two Australians is questioned after his arrest.

PHUKET: -- Two Australians angry with a Danish man who had not repaid money he had borrowed from them, shot at him last night.

They missed, hitting instead two German tourists passing by on Soi Sansabai in Patong.

Joseph Woerner and Johann Baschegger were hit, one in the arm and the other in the shoulder. They were taken to Patong hospital for treatment.

An hour later police arrested the two Australians, whom they named as Adam Lewis and John Cohw [sic]. The latter owns a tattoo shop in Patong and is accused of firing the gun. A Ruger .45 pistol was seized.

The two told police that the Dane had borrowed B380,000 from them. He had not paid any back and, with interest, he now owed them B1 million.

The Danish debtor has not been found, and is believed to be in hiding.

The two Australians are in custody and undergoing further questioning. Cohw was initially charged with attempted murder and with having a gun in a public place.

Source: http://www.thephuket...rists-36550.php

-- The Phuket News 2013-01-23

footer_n.gif

A few thoughts. There appears to be a inverse correlation between the number of tattoos and IQ after seeing his photo... [snip]

i don't know about IQ, but a Freddy Krueger and a chucky tattoo? What was he thinking?

talk about a waste of skin.

What i find most interesting is the general lack of indignation on this thread, over this incident, as opposed to the ire apparent on the thread i was just reading where a thai accideintally shot a bystander at the full moon.

Yes, but he was killed !

You can't make this stuff up... Guns, Loans Sharks, huge rates of Interest, Germans, Danes, Aussies and Police. Great melting pot for a plethora of misdeeds in the espoused tropical tourist destination complete with Tuk Tuk and Armchair Mafias, ripoffs at every turn, and gun fights. Yep - Amazing Thailand, an adventure in every holiday and at every turn, but don't forget to duck.

Add to the mix that the suspects, Australian John Edward Cohen (the shooter), 33, and his accomplice, Australian Adam Lewis Shea, 26, are now being linked to the infamous Bandidos Gang.

There are a lot of bikies setting up in Phuket now. Many have bought bars. Bali the same.

• Like 1

Australians charged with attempted murder: miss ‘mafia’ target, shoot German tourists

Phuket Gazette -

“The suspects opened up fire in the middle of a dense tourism area and injured two innocent people. They have seriously tarnished Thailand’s reputation and must face the highest penalties under the law,” Col Chiraphat said.

This most recent episode of gun violence in tourism regions of Thailand falls on the heels of British national Stephen Ashton, 22, being shot dead by a stray bullet at a New Year's Eve beach party on Koh Pha-ngan, near Koh Samui.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...ists-20038.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2013-01-23

Sounds like Bandido's to me.

Edited by Shuggy

I am very very thankful it was not a Thai doing the shooting. I am ticked off that a 71 year old man got shot. If it was a member of the banditos then there needs to be a crackdown because organize biker gangs will spread like a cancer if not put into check immediately.

Bandidos have been in Thailand for a while, met a US member in Pattaya in 2003 who was later arrested by RTP; cannot remember why. Below is an article talking about Danish members in Thailand, maybe a connection with the OP?

http://www.icenews.i...up-in-thailand/

Quite the coincidence your link is "icenews" and is talking about bikie gangs in Thailand. :) :)

• Like 1