Getting A 90 Day Visa For A Colombian Passport Holder

I have a friend who carries a US Passport and lives in Colombia with his girlfriend. They were at the Thai Embassy in Bogota today and they will not issue the girl a visa. They are saying that she can get a permission to enter Thailand at the airport and then go to BKK Immigration for another interview to examine the possibilites of a 90 day visa. They are just coming here for a 90 day holiday and are uncomfortable flying all this way with no visa in hand for the girlfriend. Any suggestions ?? Can the colombian enter with the 30day permission to stay...extend for 15 days...leave the country and come back and get another 30 days and another 15 day extension..that would get her the 90 days..Seems the whole prob is due to Colombia being on a "watch list" because of drugs..that is what they told him at the Thai Embassy

Edited by ericg1953

A Colombina national needs a visa in order to travel to Thailand.

Colombia is not on the visa exempt entry list nor on the visa on arrival list. Consequently a visa is required before traveling to Thailand.

Colombia is on the yellow fever list, so must be able to show inoculation against yellow fever.

IATA database:

National Colombia (CO) /Embarkation Colombia (CO) Destination Thailand (TH)

vi_de.gif

Thailand (TH)

in_on_no.gif

Passport required.

- Passport and/or passport replacing documents must be valid

for at least 6 months upon arrival.

Passport Exemptions:

- Holders of emergency or temporary passports.

Visa required.

Minors:

- When arriving in, or departing from Thailand, minors aged

under 16 yearsFor details, click here

Additional Information:

- Visitors who are visa exempt are required to hold documents

for their next destination.

- Visitors over 12 years of age are required to hold

sufficient funds to cover their stay (at least THB 10,000.-

per person or THB 20,000.- per family).

For details, click here

- For those who do not require a visaFor details, click here

Warning:

- Visitors who are visa exempt but do not hold return/onward

tickets could be refused entry.

he_de.gif

Thailand (TH)

Vaccination against yellow fever required if arriving within

10 days after leaving or transiting countries with risk of

yellow fever transmission For details, click here.

Exempt from Yellow Fever vaccination:

- Children under 1 year of age.

Warning:

- Those not holding a valid Yellow Fever vaccination

certificate, if required, will be vaccinated upon arrival

and kept in quarantine for 6 days or otherwise deported.

That should be a Tourist Visa giving a stay of 60 days.

It can be extended by 30 days at immigration for a fee of 1,900 Baht.

Yes the girl needs a Tourist Visa before leaving as she will not be allowed on the flight without one.

They will not give her a visa..its just a stamp that says "single entry" thats it

"Colombia is on the yellow fever list, so must be able to show inoculation against yellow fever."

"Vaccination against yellow fever required if arriving within

10 days after leaving or transiting countries with risk of

yellow fever transmission..."

OP, that will include your friend with the US passport.

Terry

Terry

I think we need more info or to see the stamp they put in her passport.

Also from info I have found there is no Thai embassy in Columbia. Columbia is under the embassy in Lima Peru.

Source: http://www.thaiembassyperu.org/embassy_information.php

There is however an honorary Thai consulate in Bogota. Source: http://www.guidetothailand.com/thailand-travel-information/honcon-americas.php

Honorary consulates do not normally put stickers for the visa in passport just a stamp. But it should still state that it is a tourist visa with issue and expiration dates and of course info about the issuing consulate.

I think we need more info or to see the stamp they put in her passport.

Also from info I have found there is no Thai embassy in Columbia. Columbia is under the embassy in Lima Peru.

Source: http://www.thaiembas...information.php

There is however an honorary Thai consulate in Bogota. Source: http://www.guidetoth...on-americas.php

Honorary consulates do not normally put stickers for the visa in passport just a stamp. But it should still state that it is a tourist visa with issue and expiration dates and of course info about the issuing consulate.

Yes, you are correct. The stamp is from the Royal Thai Consulate in Bogota..Its just a stamp with no specifics..It was sent to my skype and I cant figure out how to post it..I am technically inept..I asked my friend to email to me so I will try and and post it..but it has no info. They told him she would have to go to BKK immigration where there is a spanish speaking person and they will decided on the length of stay she will be eligible for. At the time of the stamp they would give no times or guarantees..just a stamp for single entry

Some embassies just stamp the visa into the passport, from your last comment Iassume that she has been granted a tourist visa.

You could also scan that page so we could confirm my statement.

Tourist visa usually cost usd40.- per entry.

Thanks..the stamp is now posted on this thread..comments are welcome

Most nationality's get 60 days with a Tourist Visa. I assume Colombians get the same.

Edit.

It may well be 30 days. http://www.luxurytra...sa-thailand.htm

5. Period of stay

Upon arrival, travellers with this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 30 days or 60 days.

Nationals of countries which are on Thailand’s Tourist Visa Exemption list or have bilateral agreements on visa exemption with Thailand will be permitted to stay for a period of not exceeding 60 days. Nationals from other countries who hold a tourist visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 30 days

Colombia is not on the list of Visa Exempt:

http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/123/15396-Tourist-Visa-Exemption.html

Thanks..I guess that is why the lady at the Bogota consulate could give no exact days associated with this stamp..up to thai immigration at that point. My friend is wanting to stay here 90 days and wants to travel to Phils,Angor Wat..this visa would not enable that because of the single entry..I adivsed him to head to BKK when he lands and go to immigration immediately for the interview and see what they will or will not do..then he can plan his 3 month stay accordingly...good advice??

It is really difficult trying to find out how long she will get on entry.

Surely the Bogotar Consulate should know the exact amount of days.

Whether it is 60 or 30 days Immigration in Thailand will give 30 days extension.

It might be possible to leave Thailand and get another Visa at a Thai Consulate in a neighbouring country.

That is possible for most Nationalities.

With Colombians I have no idea.

It is really difficult trying to find out how long she will get on entry.

Surely the Bogotar Consulate should know the exact amount of days.

Whether it is 60 or 30 days Immigration in Thailand will give 30 days extension.

It might be possible to leave Thailand and get another Visa at a Thai Consulate in a neighbouring country.

That is possible for most Nationalities.

With Colombians I have no idea.

Yes one would think the cosulate in Bogota would have an exact number but they said its up to thai immigration. Ny friend is just trying to make plans to visit other countries and this is making it very difficult. He has a flight here and and flight back to colombia 90 days later..its just how long he can stay and if she will be able to get re-entry that is causing the uncertainty.

It is possible to get a Re Entry permit from immigration.

This does not add time but it keeps your permission to stay alive.

Not much help though if they don't know how many days will be given on arival.

They have to find out before leaving.

Try phoning Thai immigration. Or Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Immigration

Government Center B

No. 120 Mu 3

Chaeng Watthana Soi 7

Thung Song Hong, Laksi

Bangkok 10210

Phone: 0-2141-9889, Fax: 0-2143-8228

Call center: 1178

It looks to me like 30 days on entry plus a 30 day extension at Immigration.

A total of 60 days.

Immigration at the airport will stamp her passport with the number of days allowed (permitted to stay stamp). She does not have to go to an immigration office to find out how many days she gets. I think she will probably get 60 days.

Immigration at the airport will stamp her passport with the number of days allowed (permitted to stay stamp). She does not have to go to an immigration office to find out how many days she gets. I think she will probably get 60 days.

They want to stay for 90 days...if they get 60 can any immigration office give her an extra 30...bogota consulate said BKK Immigration only could do the inerview in spanish

There isn't any interview - she fill out a TM.7 form with current photo attached and pay 1,900 baht for 30 day extension of a tourist visa. He will also have to do the same if he gets a tourist visa as they only allow a 60 day stay for Americans and most others unless extended in country with a TM.7 as above.