Hotels Now Expensive In Pattaya?

BuffaloRescue

I just had a look on agoda.. the prices for hotels seem way higher than last year. I got a pretty good place for $30/night. Now there doesnt seem to be anything reasonable for that price.

Is this just the agoda prices are up, or rooms generally in Pattaya?

Can anyone recommend anywhere decent for 1000 baht a night? Maybe somewhere a bit out of town that also rents scooters and./or on the baht bus route?

Thanks

Why not try to stay outside Pattaya for your livingquarters. I suggest Jomtien, takes 10 minutes by bahtbus. I use Hotel Avenue Inn, great rooms and great food. they are situated on Welcome street along the beachroad and the price is very good roundish 600 baht-700 baht.

Glegolo

To answer your question: No, the hotels are not generally more expensive than other years...

But they might have enough bookings already, the booking website might have already sold out their quota of "cheap" rooms... specially if you are looking for a booking on short notice

Hi

A few days ago I noticed Siam View Residence on what I think is soi AR ( about 7 or 8 minutes walk to Pattaya Klang) had a sign offering rooms at 800 baht a night, it`s near Jamesons, Nova Amara Suites etc.

Swimming pool and wifi, never stayed there.

Palm Garden hotel on 2nd Road very near the Dolphin roundabout( almost naklua) directly on a baht bus route sometimes have rooms for about 880 baht.Swimming pool, no elevator, no balcony, OK place though.

Prices have gone up in general for a number of reasons

1. Minimum wage increased

2. Almost impossible to get staff, so need to pay more to get just anyone

3. Last year was really quite for most of the year.

4. Prices of suppliers have gone up

There are still many places offering discounts and sales, just all depends what you looking for and expecting

you might check out Navin 1 behind Big C on central road , stayed there before 500 baht a day and no extra charge for air con, ill be checking in early March myself , never had a problem good staff good location !!good luck