3D Tv Is Dead Says Bbc

astral

I must admit i like 3d tv if it is done properly like Avatar 3d which is awesome. Some of the 3d animated films are good too. Trouble is not much content around at the moment. I suppose 4k is the blu-ray of the future but we all have to buy new expensive tvs and again the content will be limited.

They are all marketing ploys to get us to buy a new TV.......................

I got my new TV because I wanted a good-quality big screen. The 3D was an extra that I didn't want but couldn't avoid.

I've watched about 10 3D films on it (including Avatar) and I just dont like the effect at all. Much of the 3D image is out of focus some of the time, and the 3D field is much too deep (ie things appear either to be touching your nose or to be about 3 miles away). I found exactly the same problem in the cinema so I dont think it can be down to my screen. Complete overkill. If the 3D field depth was reduced by 75% it would be better, but I suspect that parts of the image would still be out of focus.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great. I just bought a new Tv which has 3D. I didn't but it for that reason, it was just a bonus. I am however impressed with the few 3D movies I've watched. Mainly kids movies with an underwated Imax movie too. I did find that the 3D effect needs fine tuning quite often to optimise it. Once done the moves are quite fantastic.