Stereo Amplifier Repair

tim77

Go to the new Big C opposite the old World Trade centre in Bangkok, up on I think the 3rd floor are all the hifi shops that used to be in Ploenchitt Plaza. There is a tech working in one, I think its Audio Design Centre or similar in name, he speaks reasonable english and is switched on.

I've always used a place on Narklua road.

It's a small repair outfit in a shop house that is more or less oposite the junction of Soi Potisan where it comes out on Narklua Road.

If your are coming out of Soi Potisan, the repair shop is on the oposite side of the road and to your left (a bout 5 meters or so).

Or if you are coming from Pattaya towards Narklua the repair shop is on your left, fifty meters or so before soi Potisan.

Oooh I've found the address..

KIM ELECTRONIC

272/13 Pattaya Narklua Road

Tel:038 367170

They have done some real good work for us in the past, they give you a receipt for your equipment before they start the work, they make a note of how much you are willing to spend (incase they need to investigate) and they check before proceding.

Can't recommend them enough

I would NEVER have a high-end stereo repaired other than at an authorized distributor of the brand that I have. In all probably other shops do not carry the spare parts that's needed.

So your the guy who pays 30,000 baht for a 10 baht capacitor.

If they dont have the spare parts then they can't fix it, can they? Besides dont get trapped into thinking that high-end stereos all use ultra-high end custom components.

• 2 weeks later...
Go to the new Big C opposite the old World Trade centre in Bangkok, up on I think the 3rd floor are all the hifi shops that used to be in Ploenchitt Plaza. There is a tech working in one, I think its Audio Design Centre or similar in name, he speaks reasonable english and is switched on.

Thanks for the Big C tip. I went there two days ago (7 Mar 06), but the 'hi-fi' shops have relocated. They are now in a 8 story building called the "Hi-Fi Center". The Hi-Fi Center building is located just to the left of the Big C building. When you get to the Big C building, just go to its left side (as you look at it) and walk down that side for about 100 meters.

I would NEVER have a high-end stereo repaired other than at an authorized distributor of the brand that I have. In all probably other shops do not carry the spare parts that's needed.

My view as well.

Especially with high end equipment.

Quality service does not necessarily mean you have to pay through the nose.

Edited by astral

Thanks for the Big C tip. I went there two days ago (7 Mar 06), but the 'hi-fi' shops have relocated. They are now in a 8 story building called the "Hi-Fi Center". The Hi-Fi Center building is located just to the left of the Big C building. When you get to the Big C building, just go to its left side (as you look at it) and walk down that side for about 100 meters.

So did you find a shop that is willing to repair your amplifier? What was the problem and how much did they charge you for the repair? What brand is your amp anyway?