Assumption College Closes Abruptly As Teachers Ask For Pay Rise: Bangkok

webfact

I worked there for a year awhile back. The brother in question is an absolute psychopath. He's the most narcissistic director I've ever met. Morning ceremonies were led by him and a few times a week he'd ramble on in Thai about how great he was and what he was doing for the college and we'd just have to sit there smiling like idiots. One time they held a 3-hour ceremony in his honor in which students made speeches comparing this guy to St. Peter and John the Baptist. I'm not making this up. The place is a joke - rich students who are horribly behaved, everyone passes and there are no consequences for bad behavior. The worst was when a Thai teacher was caught molesting one of the younger boys. He was immediately fired however the school paid the parents off to avoid charges. He's still teaching somewhere in Bangkok. Good on the teachers banding together and ousting this idiot.

This could have been written by me - the details are almost identical. All Assumptions must be the same...

I have a private student class with a senior(final year) student at the school and a class this evening(Friday), he says the Director is thoroughly disliked by teachers and students and is the 'C' word, He thinks he will have to go .The serious part is there are exams in the next 2 weeks all have been cancelled by this guy damaging students. It's not all about 'spoilt brat' students at the college.

You talk with the "C" word to your students? Sums up Directors and teachers at Assumption

Cant read?"I have private student"

I dont teach there.C means corrupt but in your case I can think of other adjectives

You studying adjectives? Keep up the good work your English Language will improve - now copy this - I don't teach there, the letter "C" means corrupt but in your case I can think of other adjectives. have a nice day!

Coming from someone who couldn't comprehend from a simple paragraph it was the second person who made the 'C' remark not the first person.

Quote: "The college's website said the administration had decided to suspend classes until February 1 because some illintentioned groups planned to instigate chaos inside the college compound. The school was worried that it might unable to provide safety for students and that the chaos could cause damage to its property."

Translated: The administration has only just found out that the teachers have a valid point, and haven't had time to formulate a counter-attack, or find ways to sack them all. So if they close the school, no-one can see them making fools of themselves.

This is standard practice when a supposed pooyai is cornered. blame everyone else and go nuclear.

• Like 1

According to the other thread, the school administration wanted all of the teachers to pre-sign undated resignation letters. This isn't about unions holding a business for ransom, it's about employees being deprived of their basic rights. As for the rest of it, I don't know about this school first hand, but I do have some experience with a couple of other Catholic Schools in Thailand and generally speaking, the management skill of the admin departments is unacceptably low (by Western standards) and the schools are extremely profit-driven.

I've heard of corruption at other Catholic schools as well - a teacher told me that he saw a nun pocket some donations from parents before she took a vacation to visit her family.

According to the other thread, the school administration wanted all of the teachers to pre-sign undated resignation letters. This isn't about unions holding a business for ransom, it's about employees being deprived of their basic rights. As for the rest of it, I don't know about this school first hand, but I do have some experience with a couple of other Catholic Schools in Thailand and generally speaking, the management skill of the admin departments is unacceptably low (by Western standards) and the schools are extremely profit-driven.

I've heard of corruption at other Catholic schools as well - a teacher told me that he saw a nun pocket some donations from parents before she took a vacation to visit her family.

I find this very hard to believe....Nuns don't have pockets....I'll have none of that.

I find this very hard to believe....Nuns don't have pockets....I'll have none of that.

You would be VERY surprised how big Nuns and Priests pockets are. Most if not all the priests at the Catholic school near me drive Mercedes Benz's.

You would be VERY surprised how big Nuns and Priests pockets are. Most if not all the priests at the Catholic school near me drive Mercedes Benz's.

They are suppose to be doing it for a few fishes and a loaf of bread. They devote thier lives to serve god forgoing "ALL" worldly goods and the pleasures of the flesh. However if the lord sends them a text on thier iphone telling to them go to the poor box and get a few baht for a nice new Merc who are they to argue with the one they serve. As they say the lord moves in mysterious ways and if he provides them with gold and trinkets he has his reason and we should not question his motives. Edited by chooka
  • Like 1

I was born into the Catholic faith (no choice) and I believe the whole Catholic system (teachings) is collapsing around the world. The Catholic Church in Australia is involved in a Royal Commission into pedophilia. People turn to the church in times of need and what do they do? They refer them to the Salvation Army or St Vincent De Pauls.

The Catholic Church is a Business selling imaginary friends and it's aim is to reap as much wealth as possible. The pope, as the visible ruler of this immense amassment of wealth, is consequently the richest individual of the twentieth century. No one can realistically assess how much he is worth in terms of billions of dollars. Whilst it preaches that "Greed" is a Cardinal Sin it continues to build and stockpile it's wealth.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jan/21/vatican-secret-property-empire-mussolini They have more schools and the fees are very high. I know a school up North where they shut off the water in the boys' bathrooms to save water (or failed to make necessary repairs). No one flushed the urinals and the stench was memorable. The fee was about 7 times that of a Chinese private school in town.

Pay as you prey huh? Shun these people. Unless you want to get a better understanding of evil in the theological and atheistic sense.

One reason why I dont want to send my kids to study in Thailand.

Most teachers teaches the kid to remember instead teaching the kids to think. They forgot their responsibility.

Government are also dumb...

The Boards of school are also not much different.

To sum it all, very few quality school exists now. :( Most kids passed with flying colors due to remembering "easy" pattern thought by tutor institute.

There's one very far away from the city which I visited last month, awesome principal (I've never seen any school principle who cooks, and helps serve food to visitors! Very humble principle indeed), awesome students, enthusiastic and they desire to learn, but the lack of teacher and equipment will probably lead them to a dark future.

I was born into the Catholic faith (no choice) and I believe the whole Catholic system (teachings) is collapsing around the world. The Catholic Church in Australia is involved in a Royal Commission into pedophilia. People turn to the church in times of need and what do they do? They refer them to the Salvation Army or St Vincent De Pauls.

The Catholic Church is a Business selling imaginary friends and it's aim is to reap as much wealth as possible. The pope, as the visible ruler of this immense amassment of wealth, is consequently the richest individual of the twentieth century. No one can realistically assess how much he is worth in terms of billions of dollars. Whilst it preaches that "Greed" is a Cardinal Sin it continues to build and stockpile it's wealth.

....Here's another example of this.

....post-9891-0-61763000-1359813575_thumb.jp

His Eminence

Jaime Lachica Sin

Cardinal of the Holy Roman Church Archbishop Emeritus of Manila

....Here's another example of this.

....post-9891-0-61763000-1359813575_thumb.jp

His Eminence

Jaime Lachica Sin

Cardinal of the Holy Roman Church Archbishop Emeritus of Manila

Rule #1. When in a KTV lounge, no pictures.