Rpm Extravaganza

pagallim

http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Phuket-charity-drive-cooks-up-a-family-fun-entertainment-extravaganza-20054.html

For those interested, there's an event happening at Royal Phuket Marina tomorrow, Saturday/26th. The description from the Phuket Gazette is self explanatory, however to expand on the 'rumour has it an international star or two may appear'.

This apparently comes about because Molly Meldrum (an Australian celebrity of some kind) is on the island at the moment to celebrate his/her 70th birthday. It's believed that Molly has a close friendship with Elton John, who is also rumoured to be here for Molly's part(s)ies. Whether either Molly or Elton make an appearance will be down to them, but apparently there's a good chance.

All that aside, I know that a lot of effort is being put into this event, particularly with the food. Candles in the wind anyone?

You are not working for the Syndicate which intended to bring Paris Hilton to Phuket?

Sounds like Elton is the new Paris :)

I'll probably will come to visit the day event tomorrow.

3000 baht for all you can eat seafood and drinks. Not bad at all.

Does it include lobster, forget the drinks i would not be able to fly my helicopter home after drinking

How about reading the article

" The cuisine will feature a wide selection of fresh oysters, cold cuts and cheese, barbecued treats, a selection of Thai dishes, hot dogs, sausages, Lady Pie pies, kebabs and wraps, and desserts of bakery and crepes, ice cream and candy cup cakes. All this will be prepared and served by many of Phuket’s top chefs, who will be on hand throughout the event"

Edited by LivinginKata
flame removed

Not quite sure how Lady Pies qualifies as a gourmet food.

Yes I agree but she does lots of work for various charities. She is a wonderful lady but the pies are so so.

All the proceeds of this event goes to orphanages around the Andaman so basically the food is free and money goes to people who need it.

Another post removed ...

I remind members of rule 5) Not to post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling.Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.