Best Education In Thailand

Blackandwhite

BPS has awesome facilities, but felt a lot cliquier than Harrow, which was good when I was there but I don't know how it is now. Harrow has certainly grown an awful lot since. Many of the best teachers at Harrow (in my estimation) did move en mass to Shrewsbury though, mark you.

Edited by Trembly

• 4 weeks later...

Ascot. You just have to compare how the kids behave to one another and to others to understand that the school imparts far more sensitivity and self-awareness and consideration for others to its students than other, more expensive and grander schools.

• Like 1

Patana, ISB, NIST.

As to the private v public- the only people who argue that public is better are those who cannot afford private schools.

That would be one way to justify the outrageous amounts that you spend on education in Thailand.

Non refundable registration fees, how absurd!

And how are those funds allocated? If your son/daughter is at the same school over a 12 year period have you seen constant improvements to the facilities, I highly doubt it.

Thai International Schools = Cash cow

• 3 weeks later...

Shrewsbury,Patana,ISB,Harrow,NIST.

Agree, but not in that order

NIST

BP

ISB, Shrewsbury, Harrow

Depends what you are looking for. To my knowledge NIST is the only complete IB school. Most of the others are bybrid IB/A Levels

Best schools are those who offer IB.

Depends what you are looking for. To my knowledge NIST is the only complete IB school. Most of the others are bybrid IB/A Levels

Not sure where you got that information. Totally incorrect.

NIST is a good school. But if you take the academic results and facilities and location of the school. In my opinion it is nowhere near that of BPS which quite frankly has the best facilities of them all.

The big, often over looked, issue is that ISB and pattana are way outside of bkk so if you live in Bangkok- your kids can have a 1-2 hour commute both ways- for 2-4 travel per day. Which, frankly, is cruel.

Edited by ExpatJ

pattana are way outside of bkk so if you live in Bangkok- your kids can have a 1-2 hour commute both ways- for 2-4 travel per day. Which, frankly, is cruel.

Outside BKK?? Nonsense Patana last time i looked was very much in BKK..... Sukhumvit 105 to be exact.

Thonglor to Patana is less than a hour each way for school start times and finish times.

Edited by negreanu

Decide on the school before you decide on where to live. The Kids' daily commute should be as short as possible. Especially when they are teenagers, they should be allowed wake up as late as practicable—that morning sleep is really important. Furthermore, it's really, really important to have time for breakfast.

If you can afford it, a private International school is the best choice. Though here, the most expensive one is not necessarily the best one. Far more important than impressive facilities is the quality and commitment of teachers, class size (smaller is better, but too small—>not enough social stimulation), and the community spirit at the school. Compare teacher turnover rates at the various schools you're considering.

Most of all remember, it's not just about preparation for collage; it is twelve years of their lives—make sure they enjoy it.

T