Bus Travel From Bkk To Chiang Khong Was Very Very Impressed

WilliamCave

I have not been on a long term duration bus trip like this for more than 10 years in Thailand from Bkk to Chiang Khong.

I had to go up there but didn't want to drive and did not want to fly, so my wife said lets go VIP bus and I was not to up on the idea but I said ok.

I was so impressed with the bus TV at every seat English moves to pic from , big seats I can't even describe the luxury of this bus. The drivers looked professional and they changed drivers at a half way point.

There was no westerners on the bus except me and only thais,

I have been on busses in many countries this is a top for me.

I asked my wife about the quality and luxury and she said they are the highest luxury bus in Thailand , bookings need to be done in advance to get a seat, one thing about the company is you need a Thai person to call and book because they do not seem to do things in English

I usually don't post numbers and company's names on here but I will for this company

Siamfirsttour 029362953. www.siamfirst.co.th

I will recommend them and I usually don't do this

Just took a look at the website, they have a few good Northern routes, certainly worth a look. Likewise there are some decent services to the North East that seem to be almost exclusively Thai populated. There really are alternatives out there.

Just took a look at the website, they have a few good Northern routes, certainly worth a look. Likewise there are some decent services to the North East that seem to be almost exclusively Thai populated. There really are alternatives out there.

There are some really good bus companies out there but them seem to cater to only Thais , when I went there and back the VIO buses were full service and luxury second to none . Maybe they don't want the hassle of dealing with tourists

I've been to Chang Khong twice on VIP buses, not that company(That one looks interesting for my next trip there), but others, and each time it was board the bus in the evening, sleep through the night, and arrive there before the border opens to go into Laos. VIP buses are the only way to travel by bus. There is a big difference in comfort level from the regular government buses, with their mostly broken shocks, and stopping in every village.

Chang Khong, after you cross the river, is the jumping off point for the river boats going to LuangPraBang in Laos. It is a nice relaxing 2 day trip down the river, with a stop-over at the dump of a town Pak Bien to spend the night. Going down the Mekong on the boat is the only place I've ever seen real working elephants that weren't in tourist shows. Logging is still legal in Laos so there are still a few elephants there that get to work.