"vip" Bus: Mo Chit To Chum Phare, Khon Kaen?

dddave

I need to go to Chum Phare soon for a graduation. In the past I've taken the standard government bus to Muang Leoi which stops in Chum Phare but it's a slow and often crummy bus.

I've been told that there is a "VIP" 24 seat bus now on the route. Does anybody know the company name and more importantly; the window number at Mo Chit? The normal departure time would also be really helpful.

Finding accurate information at Mo Chit itself is a challenge with all the lying touts swarming the place. Even the security guards are on the game, dragging you to a window where they charge you double and give him a cut.

There ar two good companies connecting Mor Chit with Khon Kaen.

Nakhonchai Air, which operates 32 and 24 seat buses.

Chan Tour, which operates double decker buses in two different classes

Both have hourly departures from Mor Chit.

From Khon Kaen there are many connections to Chumpae.

If there is a 24 seat VBIP bus between Khon Kaen and Chumpae, don't know.

In KK there are two bus stations, or rather three, number three not yet operating.

The prices of the tickets of the compasnies mentioned above, are printed on the tickets, no more to be paid.

Anything between 320 and 600 baht, depending on class of transport.

Thanks for replying Hansnl, I understand there are a wide selection of buses to Khon Kaen City however, Chum Phae is another 2+ hours west of the city, close to the Chaiyaphum border. Combining that with possible long layover times waiting for a connecting bus could add 4 or 5 hours to an already long trip. That is why I am asking about direct buses from Mo Chit that stop in Chum Phae.

Thats right its Nakhonchai air vip bus and I think its number 63 at Mo chit. Could be wrong but its number 60 something. There is a bus that goes direct to Chumphae from BKK, or if you want I can give you the number of a guy we use who has 1 of those Lexus vans thats really nice inside. He has family in Cumphae and does the trip quite cheaply perhaps 5 or 6k.

Or from Khon Kaen to Chumphae by taxi is only around 900b. Also if your after a good cheap hotel the Sri Suppan on the Si Chompu road is great and only 500b a night.

Edited by krisb