Rare For Thailand Chickens

alllyn

sussex speckeled, polish copper marans frizzled silkie, i dunno ... not brahma, so what is that big furry one with the feathers? just guessing...

bit off topic but got home yesterday and there was this magnificent cock and four hens among the banana trees next to our lawn..hens were brown ish and very round and furry looking ....the cock looked like the one pictured.

Wife said they were jungle chickens ie feral ( we are about 2k from any neighbour so assume she is correct)

.......luckily our dogs were too excited and intent on scratching the truck doors to notice.

Just wondered if there are more than one species of wild chickens or....?

Edited by David006

FIL'S boxing chickens that he breeds are now so featherless from countless bouts that they might become a new fashion. He oils them as well, so maybe there is a market for bald, fighting chickens. Sorry no photos, he is very protective, eats sleeps with them and talks to them all day

• 3 weeks later...

sussex speckeled, polish copper marans frizzled silkie, i dunno ... not brahma, so what is that big furry one with the feathers? just guessing...

post-75363-0-03723200-1359371322_thumb.j

This is the Thai Nana Plaza Chicken drunk.gif

This i seem before but not this colour, its feather are grown flip side up and a lot of villagers hated it as it was very unnatural...