Life's A Beach In Thailand

Kan Win

I feel a bit dirty when I take a creepy photo of a lady on the beach. But, in this case I wanted to practise taking stock photographs. The other reason was that, this was the exactly same location I visited some months ago, and took a (with permission) photos of the two fun loving Russian ladies, I posted here before.

The again, maybe we just should enjoy the beauty of the life as it comes.

17872858826_2d3ba648d7_c.jpg

^^ I'm not 100% sure as the development looks quite different now. I think, based of that laguna and hotel behind it, the photo might be Karon beach, taken from the north end.

Phuket 1989 slide scan. Part of my driving a bike around the edge of the island. Not sure where in Phuket this is exactly.

I'm thinking of a visit to Phuket very soon, do you have any recommendations of places to visit for shooting?

One good way to find shooting locations, is to use geocacher's local experience, even if you don't do geocaching yourself.

The caches in Phuket are almost all placed to scenic places. I have found some great locations,

which I did not knew existed even if I have been living in Phuket for years.

https://www.geocaching.com/map/?lat=8.08285&lng=98.4330333333333#?ll=7.98138,98.2806&z=11

Phuket 1989 slide scan. Part of my driving a bike around the edge of the island. Not sure where in Phuket this is exactly.

I'm thinking of a visit to Phuket very soon, do you have any recommendations of places to visit for shooting?

I haven't been there for years and it has changed dramatically based on comments in the Phuket forum so won't be much help. For sunsets, Promthep Cape is probably one of the best places. Might start a topic in the Phuket forum to get current information. You may have to fight your way through the Chinese tourists though. biggrin.pngPromthep Cape images

• Like 2

Patong Beach 1985...Stormy Day...Huge squall's gonna kick some butt...and that it did...

attachicon.gifPKT85-10.jpg

attachicon.gifPKT85-12.jpg

Time to head to the pub....wind's gonna howl & rain's gonna pour...

attachicon.gifPKT85-08.jpg

We had 60+ knots of wind that day when the squall hit us.

Huge drops of rain that stung like a wasp sting when they hit

you...beer was nice & cold though. Ahhh...afternoons at Lada's

Bar...

love the black and white...can we see the colour ones too :) please

Another scan, Phuket 1989. Was taking a tour by motorbike around the circumference of the island. Roads around the island where 50% dirt and 50% paved or starting paved. Anyone recognize the point, been a while since I took the shot?

17191735894_1c43e40547_c.jpg

Hi TW I suspect this is taken from the lookout near Na Hairn and looking over the beach. There is now a resort , the "yatch club" on the point and most of the beach is gone:) Tsunami came thru here too . I was 16 when i first went here and it was pristine almost like in you shot... love xx and thanks for the memories. cheers BC

• Like 1

Patong Beach 1985...Stormy Day...Huge squall's gonna kick some butt...and that it did...

attachicon.gifPKT85-10.jpg

attachicon.gifPKT85-12.jpg

Time to head to the pub....wind's gonna howl & rain's gonna pour...

attachicon.gifPKT85-08.jpg

We had 60+ knots of wind that day when the squall hit us.

Huge drops of rain that stung like a wasp sting when they hit

you...beer was nice & cold though. Ahhh...afternoons at Lada's

Bar...

love the black and white...can we see the colour ones too smile.png please

Others on that day are in colour but these are B & W for a reason...the squall was

so bad that even the green of the trees was a greyish green, the grey rocks were

back and the water was a turd colour of brown. There is no way to enhance the

colour of the scans without major effort. Now if you wanna pay for that effort I will

do it! However...it will be what is known as a false colour image as I previously

stated what the day looked like. It was not a good day for Kodachrome 64 but that

was all I had in my Nikonos IV-A at the time. Lens was Nik's UW [email protected].

Edited by sunshine51
  • Like 1

Another scan, Phuket 1989. Was taking a tour by motorbike around the circumference of the island. Roads around the island where 50% dirt and 50% paved or starting paved. Anyone recognize the point, been a while since I took the shot?

Hi TW I suspect this is taken from the lookout near Na Hairn and looking over the beach. There is now a resort , the "yatch club" on the point and most of the beach is gone:) Tsunami came thru here too . I was 16 when i first went here and it was pristine almost like in you shot... love xx and thanks for the memories. cheers BC

I'm actually annoyed, as I can not recognise the beach :) I have ride almost all the roads and locations Phuket has to offer, but this is still a mystery for me.

I would say it's possible Nai Harn, but not sure as the ground formation is imho different, even if taking in to consideration different photo angles. I guess I have to ride there one day to get a clarification.