Nong Khai - Guesthouse / Hotel Recommendations?

farrol

Mut Mee Guest House, Baan Rim Sabaidee Guest House (near mutmee on kaerowart road about 2 blocks west of the mm entrance), Siri Guest House, pan Guest House in the middle of Ta Sadet market, Sofa Gallery, Nong Khai Resort (ner train station), White Inn (near all the ozzie bars)...

But Mut Mee is the place. But send an email before you show up...they are running 100% full at the moment!

Depends if you have got your own transport or not ?

If you have the Nong Khai Resort just 200 metres from the railway station is excellent.Small detached bungalow just a few metres from a decent sized pool for 700 baht.

If you havent got your own transport then you will be reliant on a saamlaw from outside the railway station taking you into the centre of Nong Khai,about 10 minutes away......no problems coming back the other way getting transport.

Be aware that the last train leaves around 7.30pm so you might have difficulty getting into town after that and theres only a couple of possible eating/drinking places in the area.

To find it go into the car park opposite the station entrance,first left then second left and you are there....only 200 metres from the station but a bit tucked away.

I stayed at White hotel last April paid I think 600B. The good thing about it was that the road from the river up to it was clear of dogs as there are now a few bars there and traffic. NK in my view always had dog problems. If White had been in UK it would have been called a boutique hotel, very nicely fitted and car park. Don't know price now.