Herpes

h90

bina: how do you know that it hurts more for female :o

I belive it, but how do you know it??? Just interested.....

swimming pool, specialy when there is a water shortage is either terrible dirty or full of chemicals....

read my previous post...

does reappear after going to swimming pool (chemicals in water?), ocean has no affect; menstruation hormone changes also trigger; psychological triggers (stress) so i'm pretty laid back and believe me my life is pretty stress filled right now, but, no outbreak...

and i notice mine, as a female it hurts more htan with men (our plumbing is more sensitive)

no tight jeans (skirts are good)

thai type toiletts (washing w/water, bidet etc) excellent

no deoderant feminine hygiene things, no soap 'down there' (water cleans very well, no scent, etc... or ligenia feminine soap only),

polidine wash (iodine soap) during outbreaks to prevent secondary infection

good healthy living habits (condoms make me itch so colourless, tasteless spermicide ad diaphragm did it for a while ; after three kids, iud)...

pregnant women to advise doctor to decide birthing method (canal or c section ); follow up for baby (all three of mine followed the canal birth w/post birth blood titre checks on my kids... no probs... i could write the book for this ....

be honest with partners ;

any other questions??

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we have more mucous membranes for more sores to sit upon, men dont have much (mostly skin) and internal herpes doesnt cause any pain; also they tend to sit were there are nerve endings, (the virus lives in the nerves ) and we have more 'available' nerves; except when they are in your tail bone nerve.... not a medical description but one based on emperical evidence....

I just remember the stories from urinal stones and getting rid of them with ultrasonic and the pain when the parts of it pass the tubes......

For the rest I tried to imagine your pain and my possible one and compare it, actually I failed, I can not imagine.....

Maybe BambinA knows...

we have more mucous membranes for more sores to sit upon, men dont have much (mostly skin) and internal herpes doesnt cause any pain; also they tend to sit were there are nerve endings, (the virus lives in the nerves ) and we have more 'available' nerves; except when they are in your tail bone nerve.... not a medical description but one based on emperical evidence....

since I am in Thailand I get often Herpes. Would say all 2 month, always inside the nose.

Normaly I am 2(3) days tired and than the bubbles come, than after maybe 1 more day I feel well but have the itching bubbles inside the nose (great place).

So any cream does not work, because when the bubbles are here my immuno system is already taking care of it. Interesting would be something which helps me to not get it at all. But beside a diet I don't think there is something, or?

I get the feeling that you don't really like your job, and that you are getting sick because you don't really want to keep working so hard at it. I also feel like you have problems with confrontation or standing up for yourself with your boss, or someone else at work.

I don't know if you like boats or sailing, but I see you on a boat, which probably represents your desire for freedom and the chance to "go where the wind takes you".

It might also be interesting for you to take a look at what was happening in your life when you first started getting the herpes sores, that might give you a clue about the internal reason for your body to react in this way.

So that's my free psychic reading, please let me know if it is of any help to you.

Good luck!

since I am in Thailand I get often Herpes. Would say all 2 month, always inside the nose.

Normaly I am 2(3) days tired and than the bubbles come, than after maybe 1 more day I feel well but have the itching bubbles inside the nose (great place).

So any cream does not work, because when the bubbles are here my immuno system is already taking care of it. Interesting would be something which helps me to not get it at all. But beside a diet I don't think there is something, or?

Take the oral pills at first sign of itching and put a cold compress on it for 20 min. at at time untill itch stops and then put the zormax cream on it and go to sleep,it will make it far less intense,maybe even prevent :o

Misha, you are absolut right, BUT the problem is that I am the owner of the company.......

I get the feeling that you don't really like your job, and that you are getting sick because you don't really want to keep working so hard at it. I also feel like you have problems with confrontation or standing up for yourself with your boss, or someone else at work.

I don't know if you like boats or sailing, but I see you on a boat, which probably represents your desire for freedom and the chance to "go where the wind takes you".

It might also be interesting for you to take a look at what was happening in your life when you first started getting the herpes sores, that might give you a clue about the internal reason for your body to react in this way.

So that's my free psychic reading, please let me know if it is of any help to you.

Good luck!

Good to know more about this! Last year I was 4 month in LOS and had quit frequent the same problem, however my lips were suffering. In Europe very few times. So, it must be caused by a mix of reasons like adaptation to the climate, complete different lifestyle, lack of sleep for various reasons (NO! NOT what you might think!), quit weak balance like a burn-out in Europe etc. etc.

Back in Europe no problem whatsoever.

Now I am here around 4 months and again the same problem, however less. So it must be something with the mental and physical body-balance, as a lot of fellow members wrote already.

• 3 weeks later...

I eat now every day vitamin tabletts and it is not that often anymore and I don't get tired about it.

To short to be sure but it seems vitamins help.

Good to know more about this! Last year I was 4 month in LOS and had quit frequent the same problem, however my lips were suffering. In Europe very few times. So, it must be caused by a mix of reasons like adaptation to the climate, complete different lifestyle, lack of sleep for various reasons (NO! NOT what you might think!), quit weak balance like a burn-out in Europe etc. etc.

Back in Europe no problem whatsoever.

Now I am here around 4 months and again the same problem, however less. So it must be something with the mental and physical body-balance, as a lot of fellow members wrote already.

• 2 months later...
I read somewhere that only a third of the infected population show visible signs of herpes..The other two thirds with who have can only transmit the virus to other people...

Is this true?

Ive also heard figures like-half the general population actually have herpes...

That sounds a bit much,but Im only going by what i read..

One in five people carry the virus. Many do not know they have it and yes they can spread it. At least that's what I've read.

• 1 year later...

Bump/Update :D

Drugs can lower risk of genital herpes recurrence

NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - The effectiveness of oral antiviral drugs, commonly used to prevent genital herpes outbreaks in infected patients, has been confirmed by a review of published studies.

The researchers evaluated acyclovir, valacyclovir, and famciclovir, sold under the trade names Zovirax, Valtrex and Famvir, respectively, in a "meta-analysis," a review strategy in which the results of several published trials are analyzed to obtain information from a larger total number of patients, which provides the ability to draw more statistically significant conclusions.

Although the use of these drugs to prevent herpes outbreaks began in the early 1980s, the present study is the first meta-analysis to examine their effectiveness compared with placebo, note Dr. Benedicte Lebrun-Vignes, from Hopital Pitie-Salpetriere in Paris, and colleagues in the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology.

Their review included 14 clinical trials with a total of 6,158 patients with sound immune systems and who were not pregnant. (The drugs should never be taken during pregnancy because they can cause birth defects.)

The investigators found that patients who were given one of the three drugs were 47-percent less likely to experience a genital herpes recurrence than those given placebo, the report indicates.

The three agents tested were generally comparable in efficacy. The best regimens for preventing a recurrence were acyclovir 400 mg, valacyclovir 250 mg, or famciclovir 250 mg -- all given twice daily -- or valacyclovir 500 mg given once daily.

Lebrun-Vignes and associates conclude that all three drugs are suitable treatments for preventing genital herpes outbreaks. However, the authors emphasize the importance of monitoring patients for the possible emergence of drug resistance in patients who do not respond to the standard regimens.

Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology. August 2007.

Source:

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews....nl_ushealth1400

LaoPo :o

Bump/Update :D

Drugs can lower risk of genital herpes recurrence

NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - The effectiveness of oral antiviral drugs, commonly used to prevent genital herpes outbreaks in infected patients, has been confirmed by a review of published studies.

The researchers evaluated acyclovir, valacyclovir, and famciclovir, sold under the trade names Zovirax, Valtrex and Famvir, respectively, in a "meta-analysis," a review strategy in which the results of several published trials are analyzed to obtain information from a larger total number of patients, which provides the ability to draw more statistically significant conclusions.

Although the use of these drugs to prevent herpes outbreaks began in the early 1980s, the present study is the first meta-analysis to examine their effectiveness compared with placebo, note Dr. Benedicte Lebrun-Vignes, from Hopital Pitie-Salpetriere in Paris, and colleagues in the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology.

Their review included 14 clinical trials with a total of 6,158 patients with sound immune systems and who were not pregnant. (The drugs should never be taken during pregnancy because they can cause birth defects.)

The investigators found that patients who were given one of the three drugs were 47-percent less likely to experience a genital herpes recurrence than those given placebo, the report indicates.

The three agents tested were generally comparable in efficacy. The best regimens for preventing a recurrence were acyclovir 400 mg, valacyclovir 250 mg, or famciclovir 250 mg -- all given twice daily -- or valacyclovir 500 mg given once daily.

Lebrun-Vignes and associates conclude that all three drugs are suitable treatments for preventing genital herpes outbreaks. However, the authors emphasize the importance of monitoring patients for the possible emergence of drug resistance in patients who do not respond to the standard regimens.

Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology. August 2007.

Source:

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews....nl_ushealth1400

LaoPo :o

Interesting but I'm confused ... does that mean you'd have to take the pills all the time to enjoy the reduced chance of re-occurence? If so, seems to a bit drastic (leaving aside any financial issues) ...

If not, don't understand how it works ... you can't kill a virus ... surely lifestyle (vitamins, rest, not too much booze [depresses the immune system I believe]) would be more effective? But, they did have placebos in the study too which kinda torpedoes that?

Anyone help me out with this medical mystery?

CC

ok, its very simple, dont eat nuts and seeds, its not like theres any money in it for the drug companies so nobody is going to hype it, but its the only way

Herpes needs arginine, cut the nuts, seeds, chocolate etc and it cant do much, but if you want drugs I can sell you some that will cure herpes or even make your penis grow, true

ok, its very simple, dont eat nuts and seeds, its not like theres any money in it for the drug companies so nobody is going to hype it, but its the only way

Herpes needs arginine, cut the nuts, seeds, chocolate etc and it cant do much, but if you want drugs I can sell you some that will cure herpes or even make your penis grow, true

The drug companies might not hype it but I doubt it would stay such an apparent secret given so many people suffer from herpes ... so what is the basis for your confident assertion?

CC

The drug companies might not hype it but I doubt it would stay such an apparent secret given so many people suffer from herpes ... so what is the basis for your confident assertion?

CC

there doesnt seem to be any doubt that herpes needs arginine, but very few people are prepared to change their diets, for me there is a definite link between the two, nuts in particular which have a lot of arginine, its also known that herpes doesnt like lysine, lysine and arginine are quite similar, but the former is more common in animal proteins and the latter in plant proteins, not so good if you want to be a vegetarian, anyway it works for me and the scientific research is there to back it up, you can buy lycine in pill form but without cutting back on the arginine I dont think it would do much

CC

there doesnt seem to be any doubt that herpes needs arginine, but very few people are prepared to change their diets, for me there is a definite link between the two, nuts in particular which have a lot of arginine, its also known that herpes doesnt like lysine, lysine and arginine are quite similar, but the former is more common in animal proteins and the latter in plant proteins, not so good if you want to be a vegetarian, anyway it works for me and the scientific research is there to back it up, you can buy lycine in pill form but without cutting back on the arginine I dont think it would do much

I've never seen anything referring to such a link but will certainly check it out ...

CC

PS ... about those penis enlarging drugs ... :o

Be extremely careful when you handle herpes lesions. When I was a university student (back when dinosaurs roamed the earth) I had a bad herpes outbreak on my face which spread to the cornea of my right eye. This is called herpes keratitis and it put me in the hospital for a month. They laboured to save my sight, drenching the eye in anti-virals and scraping away the lesion every day. I was lucky in the end, left with only a slight scar on the cornea, which faded with time, and now can only be seen by an opthamologist when I tell him what to look for and not affecting my sight which is not the greatest anyway.

I suffered from herpes outbreaks for a number of years, and then they slowly went away. I think it must be 10 or 15 years now since I've had one. They mostly come in times of stress, and since I've been exercising regularly, I don't suffer as much from stress as I once did.

I have had an outbreak on my right cheek for the last 20 years... but now it happens rarely. I have learned that a few things set it off - Sunburn is the biggest trigger for me, also certain spicy food (luckily not Thai spicy) and general stress, Acyclovir (400mg) works very well for me... I do not take it regularly but since I have learned my triggers I start the drug a few days before and during high risk times such as vacations and holiday weekends... Also I can now sense the beginning of an event (I feel a swelling from deep in the skin and get flu-like symptoms) and take a double dose of the drug which seems to moderate the outbreak... Now it happens less than once a year :>

Edited by sfokevin

• 2 weeks later...

acycolovier (sp) or valtrex it will not cure it, just supress it, and no I don't have herpes, I work in the medical field. And yes you can use Valtrex in this instance....

valtrex is used for sudden hearing loss and vestibular disorders. The theory is, that Herpes attacks the cochlea causeing symtpoms such as sudden hearing loss and vertigo. Latent or not, valtrex helps folks with such auditory & balance issues, so I suspect it would help with your nose problem.

Edited by Dakhar

• 9 months later...

Valtrex is a miracle drug for my yearly HSV-1 cold sore outbreak.

It was easy to obtain at pharmacies in Bangkok, but now that I am living near Pattaya, I get nothing but blank stares at pharmacies. Does anyone know of a pharmacy in Pattaya that sells Valtrex?

I have been able to find topical cream containing acyclovir, so I am not defenseless, but Valtrex is a twice-daily tablet (that converts into acyclovir inside your body) that is more effective and I do not have to walk around with cream on my upper lip. Thanks in advance.

Have you tried Fascino's? That's the best pharmacy in Pattaya area and if they don't have it they should be able to order it for you. It is approved for use in Thailand, made by GlaxoSmithKline. May help to give them the generic name, which is valaciclovir.

Have you tried Fascino's? That's the best pharmacy in Pattaya area and if they don't have it they should be able to order it for you. It is approved for use in Thailand, made by GlaxoSmithKline. May help to give them the generic name, which is valaciclovir.

Thanks for your suggestions. I was able to find Valtrex in Pattaya at the pharmacy on second road between Tim's Beer Bar and the Avenue shopping center.

For me Acylovir 200 mg tablets, local brand name is Virogon (Silom Medical - 25 tablets: 180 THB), works really well. At first sign of recurrence use 400 mg 3x per day for two days, then finish 25 tablets at 200 mg 3x per day. Also works well for Shingles and Chicken Pox.

Maybe best to see a Physician to determine if you actually have Herpes Simplex, and then ask for a treatment plan.

For me Acylovir 200 mg tablets, local brand name is Virogon (Silom Medical - 25 tablets: 180 THB), works really well. At first sign of recurrence use 400 mg 3x per day for two days, then finish 25 tablets at 200 mg 3x per day. Also works well for Shingles and Chicken Pox.

Maybe best to see a Physician to determine if you actually have Herpes Simplex, and then ask for a treatment plan.

I also vote for Virogon - clears up every cold sore I have ever had.

• 2 weeks later...

From todays BBC website....

The secret of how the cold sore virus manages to persist for a lifetime in the human body may have been cracked by US scientists.

The herpes simplex virus 1 (HSV-1) can lie dormant in facial nerves, emerging periodically to cause sores.

A Duke University Medical Center team may have uncovered how it can reactivate itself from a dormant state.

The finding, published in the journal Nature, could eventually lead to new treatments.

When fighting a virus, the immune system relies heavily on the protein chemicals produced by the virus which it uses to help mark it for destruction.

Herpes viruses manage to evade the immune system by shutting down production of these proteins completely, and remaining in this state for long periods before starting to replicate again.

Wake-up call

This is why patients, once infected, have occasional flare-ups of cold sores or genital herpes, and can never get rid of the infection completely.

However, there is one thing that HSV-1 does produce, the precise role of which has puzzled scientists for some years.

It is a type of RNA, a single strand of genetic information copied from the DNA of the virus. In other viruses, these RNAs make proteins that are useful to the virus, but in herpes, this was not the case.

The Duke University team suspected that it somehow helped keep the virus in its dormant state, and studied what happened to these "latent RNAs" in mice.

They found they were broken down into even smaller strands, called microRNAs, and these appeared to block the production of proteins which reactivated the virus.

Effectively, they were helping keep the virus in its dormant state.

Professor Bryan Cullen, who led the research, said: "We have provided a molecular understanding of how HSV-1 hides and then switches back and forth between the latent and active phases."

He said a drug based on blocking these microRNAs could in theory "wake up" all the viruses, making them vulnerable to antiviral therapy, and raising the possibility of a cure for herpes.

Professor Roger Everett, a Medical Research Council virologist based in Glasgow, said that the research represented a step forward in a "long-standing problem" in the field.

The next step, he said would be to see what happened in an animal using a virus engineered to block production of these RNAs.

• 1 month later...

can anyone tell me where to find Famvir in Bangkok? Also known as Famciclovir in its generic form in the states. Also the cost would be fantastic. I am heading to BKK for a while for work and am a little nervous I wont be able to find it even though I see Valtrex and and others are available so I am assuming I can find this there but would just like confirmation from the board.

thanks in advance!!!