Are You Being Paid Enough In Thailand? Adecco Thailand Salary Guide 2013

Most of the ordinary jobs for Thais pays an average of 10000.

Does the term Feudal ring an ancestral bell? Although if it makes one feel better the dribbling spoilt moron that failed high school whose Por Khap bought him a uni degree while he bonked the nymphets and drank is making much more as an idiot manager in a protected industry or a thieving bureaucrat. Feudalism rocks if you are part of the system. Sort of like a meritocracy in reverse.

The 0-5 year ranges of min 10k max 100k look reasonable.

The >5 years min of 20k for most categories also look reasonable.

The >5 years max is the one that looks odd to me:

Firstly >5 years is a very wide experience band. It implies 5-40 years experience which is far too wide to be a sensible band.

Secondly I personally know Thais in some of those categories who earn more than THB 300k which is the highest of any of the bands, so don't really see where the max comes in. Suggests either their samples are too small, or not representative or perhaps both

Would have been interesting to add a median to give a bit more context.

:)

quite a range for some of those jobs skilled work 10 k to 100 k? after 5 years 20 k to 200k

Maybe they're talking about private companies + bonus + promotions?

I've a few professors working in local university for years, and earn like, 30k or so. (Excluding free house, etc. not sure about bonus)

The big gap of >5 years should come from the differences between working in a government institute or private companies. Foreigners will hardly (maybe never) be promoted to a dean or something along the line.

I've never seen any of my hardworking foreign professors being promoted to the board of my University. They get extra salaries from extra jobs or sponsors.