E Visa Borders

Hi, I seem to remember there being a post about which borders I could do an e-visa for, for example Vientiane. I am a bit fed up of visas eating through my passport. Does anybody know where it is hidden away?

-nellyp-

I started to take the 4 less glued Visa sticker out of my Passport,

after one get loose and lost from alone, (Cambodian quality gluewink.png )

Crossed borders since and was no problem until now.

But the border officials used only the page where it was nearly not visible that there was a sticker,

that page, had no visible stamps outside the sticker-frame and used that page now already.

So lets wait and see. rolleyes.gif

Edited by ALFREDO

-nellyp-

But the border officials used only the page where it was nearly not visible that there was a sticker,

that page, had no visible stamps outside the sticker-frame and used that page now already.

That is not vey wise to do. If they spot it a lot of questions can be asked, resulting in your entry being denied. Not just by Cambodia, but by immigation at any country as they don't know what was on the removed visa stickers or from which country. It will make them very suspicious to say the least.

-Mario2008-

You are right, is a possibility, that a problem arises, when the space in my Passport requires use of suspicious pages.

But, I will see, hope not and inform =Thaivisa= and you later, wink.png

I have two of the Visa stickers with me, can show them and if the Officials are not to "Strictly by the book",

the stamps show very well my moves.

A expired Visa sticker is in reality for no use anyway, but .....the law and......!

Ok so we-I will see.

My excuse will be, if necessary, that my small children pampered with my Passport did the deed!

wai2.gif

Edited by ALFREDO

-nellyp-

I know a guy who was denied entry to Indonesia at Soeharto Airport because "his passport had been tampered with". In fact it was true - he had extra pages added by the Embassy. He was held all day and then put on the 5 pm flight back to Bkk.

Personally, I think they were looking for a bribe and this guy did not figure it out. But anyway... suffice to say some countries can find creative ways to interpret anything they like to see in a passport.

I wound not remove anything from my passport.

question is what withe the E-visa from cambodia ,

as those are printed (by yourself on paper) and handover by entering & receiving small stamp in passport , by leaving same small exit stamp......,

to be sure i keep the printed ones extras in my passport all togheter stapled, so all stamps traceble rolleyes.gif .

I think I'll avoid the chance at the border, thanks anyway. If I am reading the link correctly I cannot use O smach to enter Cambodia with an e-visa, only to leave it (which I don't understand), so that one is out and that is the one I would normally use in Cambodia. I would also use Chong Chom, but that one isn't even on the site. I can also use the crossing at Savanakhet so maybe they will accept an e-visa.

OK looks like chong chom is O smack, but there is another that I use that is more towards Ubon Ratchathani, Looks like no e-visa to Laos either. Oh crap

Edited by nellyp

If you look at the list all crossings allow exits because you can enter at any other border crossing with an e-visa and depart from a different one.

Have a look at this map that shows where crossings are: http://www.mfaic.gov.kh/evisa/Map.aspx

No Cambodia e-visa crossings in the northeast of Thailand.

No e-visa anywhere for Laos.

Malaysia no visa and no fee.

Burma border crossing no visa but costs 500 baht.

Edited by ubonjoe
  • Like 1

I can also use the crossing at Savanakhet so maybe they will accept an e-visa.

Only if Cambodia invades and conquers Laos before you get there mate.

If you have a Cambodian E-Visa you can use it at only the following two border-crossings with Thailand:

Cham Yeam (Koh Kong)

Poi Pet (Banteay Meanchey)

Once in Cambodia you can leave at any border-srossing, ie, you don't have to leave the same one you entered from.

I can also use the crossing at Savanakhet so maybe they will accept an e-visa.

Only if Cambodia invades and conquers Laos before you get there mate.

If you have a Cambodian E-Visa you can use it at only the following two border-crossings with Thailand:

Poi Pet (Banteay Meanchey)

Once in Cambodia you can leave at any border-srossing, ie, you don't have to leave the same one you entered from.

E-Visa can be used at Koh Kong crossing as well