Wikileaks Founder Assange To Run For Senate In Australian Election

webfact

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think highly of myself? what the hack does that have to do with anything or matter in hand?

It seems you do not grasp simple links in international relations. Yes half of Europe, because Sweden has by far better relations in Europe than Australia ever has or will, it may have something to do with a fact that Sweden is in Europe.

It may also be a coincidence that he is not hiding out in any European Country.

Gees, whatever happened to common senserolleyes.gif

Ok, fair comments . . . Why didn't he hide in any European country . . . because he was in the UK. Quite simple, really.

Do you think Germany, Italy etc... give two hoots about him? No. Do you think any European country or the US would jeopardise hundreds of millions in trade because of Assange? No.

You talk about common sense but fail to see beyond your little picture of 'we iz urpeens, we iz unoited aginst de uvvers'.

Simple links in international relations . . . if you only knew . . .

so much nonsense. He cannot be in any european country because he would be extradited

hundreds of million in trade? with who? incase you were not aware China is the biggest trading partner for Australia

you can not possibly be that isolated not to understand that consequences do not always have to be financial losses but a number of other unrelated matters.

futherrmore trade relations are generally private matters not government trades

Trade regulatory environment is established by government and commerce facilitated by agreements such as FTAs. Their are government owned bodies in Australia e.g. EFIC to facilitate trade and global bodies such as WTO. Government is critical for trade relations to enable commerce.

I do not believe that if Assange is elected to the Senate it will have any ramifications for Australia on trade relations with any country.

Only i never implied trade, i said there are a number of things besides trade

@lemoncake. OK. Who knows maybe Assange can negotiate an amnesty with Sweden, but HMG are not amused with him breaking his bail conditions, so may have to spend some time in jail, maybe not?

Assange appears to be intent on establishing his own WikiLeaks Party, be interesting to read the party constitution that his natural father is currently drafting. Have no idea how he proposes to make a difference other than being a distraction for the major parties. In any case I understand his eligibility to gain a seat in his current situation is a big question mark.

Edited by simple1

IF he does run and win, it would create a bit of a political problem for Australia. Because he is wanted by Sweden, so if Sweden was to make an extradition request Australia would have to reject it, which in turn creates problem with Sweden and who ever else who might be on the side of Sweden.

US may want to assist to see him locked up and what would Australia do then? say NO to US? the only military friend Australia really has.

If he cares for Australia, i do not think he should run and i do not think people should vote for him.

And if the red headed immigrant muppet cares for Australia she will not run again either and I don't think people should vote for her. I think Julian is the best thing for Australia at the moment. Who the individual Australian citizens vote for has absolutely nothing to do with the U.S and who cares if they don't like the Australian peoples choice. The U.S can try but can't dictate who our politicians will be just so it fits thier personal agenda, Australia is a domocracy and until it become a law that will can only vote for U.S appointed candidates the U.S can bugger off.

If Julian was in my electorate he would have my vote.

come back down to earth, your so called muppet is a PM he is just running for senate.

IF he does run and win, it would create a bit of a political problem for Australia. Because he is wanted by Sweden, so if Sweden was to make an extradition request Australia would have to reject it, which in turn creates problem with Sweden and who ever else who might be on the side of Sweden.

US may want to assist to see him locked up and what would Australia do then? say NO to US? the only military friend Australia really has.

If he cares for Australia, i do not think he should run and i do not think people should vote for him.

And if the red headed immigrant muppet cares for Australia she will not run again either and I don't think people should vote for her. I think Julian is the best thing for Australia at the moment. Who the individual Australian citizens vote for has absolutely nothing to do with the U.S and who cares if they don't like the Australian peoples choice. The U.S can try but can't dictate who our politicians will be just so it fits thier personal agenda, Australia is a domocracy and until it become a law that will can only vote for U.S appointed candidates the U.S can bugger off.

come back down to earth, your so called muppet is a PM he is just running for senate.

Our PM is not a 'so called muppet', she is a real muppet, a moron. She didn't even have majority vote and is widely despised for kniving the former PM in the back to get his job. Then followed lies after lies.

If the Libs had someone half decent instead of Abbott the godbotherer they would shit it in.

BTW, why would the US care about Assange running for Senate or even being elected. They have stated on multiple occassions that they aren't interested in him. That is their official line. So you can't go saying you aren't interested in him and then throw a hissy fit about him being elected. Unless of course they are bullshitting......which everyone actually knows they are.

In any event, the people of Australia couldn't give a shit what any country thinks of them. Do you think the people in the US cares when we say who we would prefer? Why should we care.

I'd personally like to see him get into the Senate just so he can put a bomb under the ass of the current bunch of leeches we have there.

• Like 1

Do you believe US citizens should be allowed to voice their opinions on the matter of Australian politics?

Do you believe US citizens should be allowed to voice their opinions on the matter of Australian politics?

Of course they should. Anyone can voice their opinions about politics in other countries. Do most Americans actually know where Australia is, who the PM is, who the oposition leader is? I doubt it.

But sure, voice an opinion and the Aussies will take just as much notice as the Americans would take of ours. Zilch.

Our elected officers may consider the US elected opinions, but the public won't give a toss.

Edited by FDog

Of course they should. Anyone can voice their opinions about politics in other countries. Do most Americans actually know where Australia is, who the PM is, who the oposition leader is? I doubt it.

But sure, voice an opinion and the Aussies will take just as much notice as the Americans would take of ours. Zilch.

Our elected officers may consider the US elected opinions, but the public won't give a toss.

Bingo! You win the kewpie doll.

Now you know exactly how many Yanks have felt for the past few months.

Of course, I understand that. But considering the yanks voted in GWB twice then it is obvious to many that those that did the voting lack the necessary brain cells to make their own decisions.

Also of concern that whoever is in charge of the US makes decisions that are felt all over the world. That's why everyone has an opinion. Not even our closest neighbours would know who the Aus PM is, nor would they care as it has no implications for them.

• Like 1

Of course, I understand that. But considering the yanks voted in GWB twice then it is obvious to many that those that did the voting lack the necessary brain cells to make their own decisions.

Also of concern that whoever is in charge of the US makes decisions that are felt all over the world. That's why everyone has an opinion. Not even our closest neighbours would know who the Aus PM is, nor would they care as it has no implications for them.

They voted in Obama twice so they ain't getting any smarter.

Just for the record, I knew where Australia was when I was a very young child. I lost a family member on Guadalcanal in 1942.

Ok, fair comments . . . Why didn't he hide in any European country . . . because he was in the UK. Quite simple, really.

Do you think Germany, Italy etc... give two hoots about him? No. Do you think any European country or the US would jeopardise hundreds of millions in trade because of Assange? No.

You talk about common sense but fail to see beyond your little picture of 'we iz urpeens, we iz unoited aginst de uvvers'.

Simple links in international relations . . . if you only knew . . .

so much nonsense. He cannot be in any european country because he would be extradited

hundreds of million in trade? with who? incase you were not aware China is the biggest trading partner for Australia

you can not possibly be that isolated not to understand that consequences do not always have to be financial losses but a number of other unrelated matters.

futherrmore trade relations are generally private matters not government trades

Trade regulatory environment is established by government and commerce facilitated by agreements such as FTAs. Their are government owned bodies in Australia e.g. EFIC to facilitate trade and global bodies such as WTO. Government is critical for trade relations to enable commerce.

I do not believe that if Assange is elected to the Senate it will have any ramifications for Australia on trade relations with any country.

Only i never implied trade, i said there are a number of things besides trade

You didn't imply trade?:

"hundreds of million in trade? with who? incase you were not aware China is the biggest trading partner for Australia"

(It's in the above quotes) And what does China have to do with the price of fish? Obfuscation isn't the cleverest method of debate

So, aside from trade, what would all these European countries and the US do to Australia? Sever diplomatic relations? Scrap defense agreements? Cut air links? A multitude of other heinous acts that you seems to equate with Australia not kow-towing to these northern behemoths?

You vastly over-rate your 'rationale' . . . as well as over-estimating Assange's value

Edited by Sing_Sling

You didn't imply trade?:

"hundreds of million in trade? with who? incase you were not aware China is the biggest trading partner for Australia"

(It's in the above quotes) And what does China have to do with the price of fish? Obfuscation isn't the cleverest method of debate

So, aside from trade, what would all these European countries and the US do to Australia? Sever diplomatic relations? Scrap defense agreements? Cut air links? A multitude of other heinous acts that you seems to equate with Australia not kow-towing to these northern behemoths?

You vastly over-rate your 'rationale' . . . as well as over-estimating Assange's value

yes that was in your response to trade.

Let's see he gets into senate and a few years later becomes a PM, while wanted by Sweden.

Do you think Sweden will accept him when he does an official visit as a PM? do you think other European countries will welcome him?

How do you think the official visit with US president will go when Oz PM was the one who releases all the secrets?

You really think all will be honky dory?

You didn't imply trade?:

Let's see he gets into senate and a few years later becomes a PM, while wanted by Sweden.

Do you think Sweden will accept him when he does an official visit as a PM? do you think other European countries will welcome him?

How do you think the official visit with US president will go when Oz PM was the one who releases all the secrets?

To be P.M he would have to be adopted and endorsed as a member of one of the two major parties and that won't happen. He can still be a senator and possibly hold the balance of power tho.

You didn't imply trade?:

To be P.M he would have to be adopted and endorsed as a member of one of the two major parties and that won't happen. He can still be a senator and possibly hold the balance of power tho.

i do not need a lesson on how to become a PM, I did say it was possible since so many see him as the only savior, what then?!

Why put a country into a jeopardising position? What if Sweden decides to offer safe heaven for Australian criminals or ones on the run or wanted? What if Other European countries do the same?

Is it really worth it? so a few member on TV can feel better?

You didn't imply trade?:

i do not need a lesson on how to become a PM, I did say it was possible since so many see him as the only savior, what then?!

Why put a country into a jeopardising position? What if Sweden decides to offer safe heaven for Australian criminals or ones on the run or wanted? What if Other European countries do the same?

I think when he wins it is not just a few members on TV that will feel better it will be all those that will have voted for him as well

thumbsup.gif

Edited by midas

Great post. The Dems are history, the Geens were on the upper then fell apart when Khun Bob retied and has since gone loonie, just look at their immigration policy ! Only leaves Crazy Kater for the protest vote, he will do well in QLD I think.

Gillard is a nasty b!tch and Abbot is a freak show, and that is insulting freaks. giggle.gif

If Rudd or Turnbal was the leader of their parties, I would bet that either would win. It would have been good if they both left and made their own alternative party, that would win the election for sure.

He is eligible to run, Wikileaks now has a recognized part in oz. He can be absent from the senate for 60 days then can be replace by a person nominated by the party. He can be represented by a running mate while campaigning.

Reminds me of that chubby red shirt twit twit who won from Jail in some safe red seat. Maybe during the 7 month campaign he can give Thakin a few tips about remote campaigning, be it on a different budget and set of principles !!!!!

You didn't imply trade?:

My appologies I didn't mean to offend you. When I posted I had no idea which coutry you came from. You name and avatar in no way suggested that you were Australian. Again my most deepest sincire appology.

He has been stitched up by our American "cousins ".

As a Brit, I hope he runs and wins electoral approval.

I also appreciate what he did with Wikileaks, we need to know what "they" do in our name.

Yep saw this 4 corners a few months ago.

thumbsup.gif Brilliant stuff. You can drive a bus through this so called case against him.

it should be readily apparent even to Blind Freddie its just about having the opportunity to lock him up indefinitely even without any charges, just like they have done with Bradley Manning.

bah.gif

Edited by Scott
  • Like 2

Assange will be arrested by the British Police and will be extradited to face the charges that have been made against him, either in Europe or the USA. If he is convicted of any of the charges he will not be running for any seats in the Commonwealth of State Governments in Australia.

At present he can't apply for any seat in Australia until he gives himself up and is acquitted of all charges in both countries.

Thats the bottom line.

You didn't imply trade?:

No idea why you are talking about him being PM, he won't even be considered to run. Since when has anyone from outside the Labor or Liberals had a PM? Time to stop worrying me thinks.

In any event. The yanks have said they aren't interested in him, why should you worry? I for one would like a leader of OZ that doens't do anything and everything the yanks call for on a whim.

Cannot understand why anyone would vote for Assange, other than a throw away "protest" vote. Regards Australian collaboration with the US are people seriously stating that Australia does need the benefits of the ANZUS Treaty. One of the benefits is access to the Echelon network SIGNIT, good idea to understand what this contributes to Australian economic and defense national security.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

Cannot understand why anyone would vote for Assange, other than a throw away "protest" vote. Regards Australian collaboration with the US are people seriously stating that Australia does need the benefits of the ANZUS Treaty. One of the benefits is access to the Echelon network SIGNIT, good idea to understand what this contributes to Australian economic and defense national security.

Because Australians support the underdog and a sense of fair play, which he certainly hasn't had

• Like 2

Because Australians support the underdog and a sense of fair play, which he certainly hasn't had

What's that got to do for his credentials to represent his electorate interests? To me he appears to be totally self obsessed.

The Wikileaks organisation will have had zero impact on how governments work into the future, other than spending more time and money on further hardening secure communications and assessment of personnel.

Edited by simple1

What's that got to do for his credentials to represent his electorate interests? To me he appears to be totally self obsessed.

The Wikileaks organisation will have had zero impact on how governments work into the future, other than spending more time and money on further hardening secure communications and assessment of personnel.

Name a politician that represents the electorate's interests. Aren't they all self obsessed? Have a look at parliament question time every now and again and then have a think about who you think has credentials and looks after your interests. It's a joke and the current lot are pathetic. A protest vote can be a very useful tool.

During elections it used to be that the percentage of informal votes was listed. I used to enjoy seeing the percentage of informal votes in some electorates being more than some candidates. They don't do that anymore for some reason, maybe because it became too embarrassing to show the high percentage of disenchantised voters who decide that they don't want ANY of the cretins in parliament.

I don't care if Wikileaks has had an impact on govt's or not. It had an impact on the public, that is what matters.

• Like 1