True Epl Coverage

binnsy

Are you cancelling TrueVisions?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to cancel True due to them not getting the EPL?

• Yes. Have already or will be cancelling my True subscription.
    • No. I will keep it but may also change my viewing package.
    • Never had True Sports package

This poll is closed to new votes

The monthly fee as posted by Lite Beer is correct. The fees I mention are monthly. So, if you show 2 x games it is a 7,000 Baht monthly fee if on 51" screen - assuming the fee is per box! If it is per screen then you can do the maths if the venue had 6 screens!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The full package including BPL works out at 599 Baht a month if you pay 3 years in advance.

Pay for 2 years and get one year free.

Pay for 18 months and you get 6 months free = 673 Baht a month

Pay for 10 months and you get 2 months free = 748 Baht a month

Sound like excellent deals, but I just can't persuade myself to pay 3 years in advance for something so new to us. For anyone who has paid 3 years in advance, I'd be interested to see the contract + terms and conditions, which should be available for such a contractual agreement, I think.unsure.png

• Like 1

All prices quoted do not include 7% VAT......except the 1,800 deposit on the box which already includes the tax. When you return it this 1,800 baht deposit will be refunded (as long as you've used it for at least 10 months) within a period of 60 days....minus a user charge (whatever that is?)

Anyone hoping to continue watching at their local pub have got no chance then. Maybe the likes of The U.N Irish in Chiangmai, or the robins hood or pickled liver in bkk. But your bog standard Thai bar just won't be able to stump up enough cash to justify having it. Pretty sure True didn't charge so much.

Very happy. Still working out the remote and menu, etc, but the picture is better than True, and they are supplying EPL at about two thirds of what True charged.

Also, has anyone noticed that without EPL there has been no reduction in True's price.

True, please explain.

Same money for less? Why?

Anyone hoping to continue watching at their local pub have got no chance then. Maybe the likes of The U.N Irish in Chiangmai, or the robins hood or pickled liver in bkk. But your bog standard Thai bar just won't be able to stump up enough cash to justify having it. Pretty sure True didn't charge so much.

CTH is cheaper than True.

How will that affect pubs apart from an increase in their profits?

Assuming 3 x CTH boxes:

Box 1 = 23088, Boxes 2 and 3 + 5136 each = 33360 for 3 years.

Pub licence: 3500 for 1st box, 899 for 2nd box, 899 for 3rd box = 5298 per month.

This is for 1 box attached to 1 screen (51"). If the box is attached to a 2nd or 3rd screen then add 500 per screen per month - licence fee.

True: 4 x boxes cost about 3,000 per month.

CTH: 3 boxes about 965 per month plus the licence fees depending on how many screens.

That will not increase profits.

Details taken from CTH documentation on my desk.

The full package including BPL works out at 599 Baht a month if you pay 3 years in advance.

Sound like excellent deals, but I just can't persuade myself to pay 3 years in advance for something so new to us. For anyone who has paid 3 years in advance, I'd be interested to see the contract + terms and conditions, which should be available for such a contractual agreement, I think.unsure.png

Interesting in the "letters to the Editor," in a Bangkok paper today about people, living in condos in Bangkok, who are not allowed to put up a personal CTH satellite dish and the building not cabled by CTH for some time in the future.This would be countless hundreds of potential customer lost to CTH. has all the hallmarks of a disaster and I would be very hesitant to sign up for 3 years.

Interesting in the "letters to the Editor," in a Bangkok paper today about people, living in condos in Bangkok, who are not allowed to put up a personal CTH satellite dish and the building not cabled by CTH for some time in the future.This would be countless hundreds of potential customer lost to CTH. has all the hallmarks of a disaster and I would be very hesitant to sign up for 3 years.

Indeed, a big market out there in condo land.

I wouldn't pay my medical insurance 3 years in advance or hire a bike for 3 years in advance, without a contract + terms and conditions. I can't really see the difference with paying 3 years in advance for CTH, albeit we are talking a lower sum.

Anyone pay 3 years IA and know the T&C?

Indeed, its an issue. I'm going back and forth with my condo Nazis about getting set up. Maddening. After looking at what True still offers, with the addition of La Liga and Serie A, as well as all the other sports coverage, I'm thinking about biting the bullet and going Platinum. A lot of money, but I'm also a slut for old movies on TCM. A tough decision, but the condo situation might make it easier.

I am concerned about some of the talk that many bars/pubs won't be showing EPL due to the increased costs with CTH. If that were to be the truth I could be shut out altogether. Gullivers without EPL ?! Hard to fathom.

Is anyone paying monthly for CTH and if so, can you only pay to the outlets on their website.

It seems strange to me that there is no mention to pay a monthly payment to any of the big banks

when they can show a photo on the CTH website doing a deal for credit with the Bangkok bank.

I was told yesterday that i could only have a Bank of Ayudhya first choice card if i have a business.

quote CTH web site

Average 599 baht / month. 24 months to 36 months to pay.

paid the full amount just one installation and free first point. s customers can relax with 0% up to 10 month to the credit card bank. Besieged by the credit card networks. (Ayudhya and credit card. Central Card card. Simple Card Visa Card. Tesco Visa card) or KTC credit card payment. paying 0% interest for 24 month card besieged First Choice.

Sound like excellent deals, but I just can't persuade myself to pay 3 years in advance for something so new to us. For anyone who has paid 3 years in advance, I'd be interested to see the contract + terms and conditions, which should be available for such a contractual agreement, I think.xunsure.png.pagespeed.ic.E7Vo3qsmeC.png

I'm in exactly this position (Sansiri/Property Plus condo) and I had a similar letter published by the Bangkok Post last month. I've been told I can "make an application" to have my own dish installed, but it will need approval by the condo committee. I don't have a lot of faith!!

I'm still clutching at the straw that at the last minute, such will be the outcry, that a deal will be done that True, or maybe through Fox, some games will have some games available.

Sound like excellent deals, but I just can't persuade myself to pay 3 years in advance for something so new to us. For anyone who has paid 3 years in advance, I'd be interested to see the contract + terms and conditions, which should be available for such a contractual agreement, I think.xunsure.png.pagespeed.ic.E7Vo3qsmeC.png

I'm in exactly this position (Sansiri/Property Plus condo) and I had a similar letter published by the Bangkok Post last month. I've been told I can "make an application" to have my own dish installed, but it will need approval by the condo committee. I don't have a lot of faith!!

I'm still clutching at the straw that at the last minute, such will be the outcry, that a deal will be done that True, or maybe through Fox, some games will have some games available.

I don't think any last minute deals are going to happen. Either we knock heads with the condo people and hopefully win, or we go in another direction.facepalm.gif

I play football with one of the owners of one of the many bars in Pattaya that shows EPL and other sports. When I asked him if True losing the concession to the EPL games was a problem to him he didn't immediately know.what I meant. He then laughed and said 'oh that', he was not at all bothered as he had feeds from other satellites and internet locations anyway.

So I don't think there is any need to worry about the bar entrepreneurs losing money by not showing the very lucrative EPL games one way or another.

I follow a team in the Championship, Nottingham Forest, so I wont be needing this EPL package for at least another season anyway - I will have time to see how well it works before maybe getting it installedbiggrin.png

I will be paying monthly,I was told by the installer a bill will come every month which can be paid at the usual places,banks, 7-11 etc.

Time will tell we've been up and running only 10 days.

Will be nice if you can pay at 7-11 as they are all over the place in Pattaya.

I play football with one of the owners of one of the many bars in Pattaya that shows EPL and other sports. When I asked him if True losing the concession to the EPL games was a problem to him he didn't immediately know.what I meant. He then laughed and said 'oh that', he was not at all bothered as he had feeds from other satellites and internet locations anyway.

So I don't think there is any need to worry about the bar entrepreneurs losing money by not showing the very lucrative EPL games one way or another.

I follow a team in the Championship, Nottingham Forest, so I wont be needing this EPL package for at least another season anyway - I will have time to see how well it works before maybe getting it installedPosted Image

Optimistic,you might not actually need it for the next 20 seasons following Forest.

Is anyone paying monthly for CTH and if so, can you only pay to the outlets on their website.

It seems strange to me that there is no mention to pay a monthly payment to any of the big banks

when they can show a photo on the CTH website doing a deal for credit with the Bangkok bank.

I was told yesterday that i could only have a Bank of Ayudhya first choice card if i have a business.

quote CTH web site

paid the full amount just one installation and free first point. s customers can relax with 0% up to 10 month to the credit card bank. Besieged by the credit card networks. (Ayudhya and credit card. Central Card card. Simple Card Visa Card. Tesco Visa card) or KTC credit card payment. paying 0% interest for 24 month card besieged First Choice.

On my CTH blue headed invoice, there is a tear off bank deposit slip at the bottom, with Account ID. It looks like a BB slip with two options of paying. counter and another way.I got this when they installed, but I'm not sure what to do with it, just wait until the fog clears I guess.

quote CTH web site

On my CTH blue headed invoice, there is a tear off bank deposit slip at the bottom, with Account ID. It looks like a BB slip with two options of paying. counter and another way.I got this when they installed, but I'm not sure what to do with it, just wait until the fog clears I guess.

I also have a CTH invoice (but for the annual package), received from my local dealer by email. It also has a cut-off slip (cant tear it as I printed it myself!). The CTH dealer told me to pay it at a Bangkok Bank.

• Like 1

Phoned tech guys as channels still in Thai for BPL. They're on to it and will be done in time for charity shield 11th Aug.

Anyone who follows football league clubs should get GMM. Works on same dish as True. Now all games will be shown on football extra channel, which you have to pay 300bht a month for. Last season all games were on the free sports extra channel. But I've been informed not anymore.

My CTH system, was finally activated 2 weeks after installation!

Next time I have a satellite system installed I'll make sure its activated before parting with any money !

The channel line-up is OK. Fox Sports News and Sky News HD good but waiting in anticipation for the return of Hull FC to the EPL !

Stadium 5 has some premier league review going on right now, excellent picture and english commentry, got me all wet and excited looking forward to the start of the season.